Newville man charged after high-speed chase, crash

Full story: Public Opinion

Three people had to be extricated from a car that crashed after the driver allegedly led police on a high-speed pursuit.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
disagree

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 23, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

You just can't fix stupid.
Blind faith

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 23, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The REALLY stupid humans in Palmero's car were Smith and the 17-year-old who trusted Palmero with their lives. Neither had the sense to tell Palmero to stop running from the police.

Since: May 11

Cashtown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 23, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Idiot Driver. Idiot police.

Three kids nearly killed over pot. Wow. When will we ever ever learn.

We expect young kids to be morons but the police are supposed to know better.
LIL JOHN

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 23, 2011
 

Judged:

4

4

3

RealDave wrote:
Idiot Driver. Idiot police.
Three kids nearly killed over pot. Wow. When will we ever ever learn.
We expect young kids to be morons but the police are supposed to know better.
Did you really write what you did?

That means you are in favor of letting everyone go no matter what--''don't pursue''-- what would our roads look like with that attitude?

If the driver was that impaired to run from an equipment violation then he should have not been operating a vehicle!

We will have to start calling you ''Mayhem Dave'' for that's what our roads would look like!

Or would you prefer to be called "Anarchy Dave"

Since: May 11

Cashtown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 23, 2011
 

Judged:

3

LIL JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you really write what you did?
That means you are in favor of letting everyone go no matter what--''don't pursue''-- what would our roads look like with that attitude?
If the driver was that impaired to run from an equipment violation then he should have not been operating a vehicle!
We will have to start calling you ''Mayhem Dave'' for that's what our roads would look like!
Or would you prefer to be called "Anarchy Dave"
Calm down.

We are not talking about bank robbers, serial killers, major drug traffickers, etc.

We are talking about 3 kids in a car stopped because they had something like a tail light out.

Obviously, you are looking at drinking or maybe smoking dope. We arrest impaired drivers because they are a danger to others. Nothing like taking an impaired driver & having him drive at high speed risking the general public. Brilliant.
LIL JOHN

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 23, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

2

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down.
We are not talking about bank robbers, serial killers, major drug traffickers, etc.
We are talking about 3 kids in a car stopped because they had something like a tail light out.
Obviously, you are looking at drinking or maybe smoking dope. We arrest impaired drivers because they are a danger to others. Nothing like taking an impaired driver & having him drive at high speed risking the general public. Brilliant.
Maybe you ought to read what the driver is charged with!

That entails reading the story something you seldom do!

'''Palmero was taken to Cumberland County Prison on charges of aggravated assault by vehicle while driving under the influence, fleeing/eluding from police, DUI, possession of a small amount of marijuana, reckless endangerment, driving under suspended license, and several summary violations.'''

There now you have no excuse for your drivel!
Say What

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 23, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

And the total distance of the "pursuit" was extremely short, so not really a true pursuit, but that does not matter to the anti-police/ establishment types like RealDave!!!
blah

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 23, 2011
 
is chasing down a car really worth any one persons life. the cops had the plate number and should not have chased the car. we are supposed to teach our kids to walk away from dangerous situations and handle them in a civil manner. under this situation the cops should have been the grown up and pursued the driver at time where peoples lives were not in jeopardy. i mean pot is so bad the cops should have known that the driver wouldn't understand that they needed to pull over... "that is a joke" Bad cops. no donuts!
LIL JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you really write what you did?
That means you are in favor of letting everyone go no matter what--''don't pursue''-- what would our roads look like with that attitude?
If the driver was that impaired to run from an equipment violation then he should have not been operating a vehicle!
We will have to start calling you ''Mayhem Dave'' for that's what our roads would look like!
Or would you prefer to be called "Anarchy Dave"
Random

Thompsontown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 24, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Blind faith wrote:
The REALLY stupid humans in Palmero's car were Smith and the 17-year-old who trusted Palmero with their lives. Neither had the sense to tell Palmero to stop running from the police.
You know even if they did tell them to stop the driver is going to do whatever the driver wishes you cant even say that...the passengers may have NOTHING to do what the idiot driver was doing..
Lee Scott of Greencastle

Dillsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 24, 2011
 
Tough issues on both sides of this question of police chases. Let's be considerate in our debate.
I guess pot use by young people is a big problem in our area like most parts of the county. I would like to see even more effective investigation of those selling the drugs.
say what

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 24, 2011
 
Blind faith wrote:
The REALLY stupid humans in Palmero's car were Smith and the 17-year-old who trusted Palmero with their lives. Neither had the sense to tell Palmero to stop running from the police.
So you were there and never heard them tell him stop? or are you ASSuming?
marineman

Needmore, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 24, 2011
 
RealDave wrote:
Idiot Driver. Idiot police.
Three kids nearly killed over pot. Wow. When will we ever ever learn.
We expect young kids to be morons but the police are supposed to know better.
So..when pothead runs a stop sign or is in the wrong lane and kills someone you love I guess that will be OK since it was ONLY pot!
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 13, 2013
 
When "what if" world becomes real, you can be queen....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Newville Discussions

Search the Newville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 31 min Thomas Carbunkle 51,446
Police: Theft at Weis Markets in Gettysburg cou... 5 hr Steve Gratman 1
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 15 hr Independent Voter 3,557
Debate: Marijuana - Biglerville, PA (Jun '11) Apr 17 John Doe 3
Despite ouster from state's top education post,... Apr 12 MaynardGKrebbs 20
Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square (Mar '13) Apr 3 WillyNilly 11,018
Franklin County area students have mixed feelin... (Mar '10) Mar 26 Raven 11
•••
•••
•••
•••

Newville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Newville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••