Plans to sell Gettysburg Times announced

Plans to sell Gettysburg Times announced

There are 48 comments on the Evening Sun story from Nov 20, 2012, titled Plans to sell Gettysburg Times announced. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

The family that owns The Gettysburg Times plans to sell the 9,300-circulation newspaper to George and Marlene Sample, with the deal expected to be final in about two months.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

Bulletin bird cage liner

Greensburg, PA

#22 Nov 21, 2012
Realist wrote:
What is your reason for wanting this type info?
Don't you get it? A newspaper is a crafty way to control thinking in a small town.

I mean, you don't think that newspapers print "the truth" do you? Newspapers are as biased and racist and distorted in their reporting as are news station on TV.

And, in a small town, people are uneducated and actually believe that what's in print, it "the" truth.

So, if ya have a newspaper owner with an agenda, well, there goes the minds of the locals...
Bulletin bird cage liner

Greensburg, PA

#23 Nov 21, 2012
Bulletin bird cage liner wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you get it? A newspaper is a crafty way to control thinking in a small town.
I mean, you don't think that newspapers print "the truth" do you? Newspapers are as biased and racist and distorted in their reporting as are news station on TV.
And, in a small town, people are uneducated and actually believe that what's in print, it "the" truth.
So, if ya have a newspaper owner with an agenda, well, there goes the minds of the locals...
OMG. who is so stupid that the gave my post a big red "X". Do you actually believe that newspapers are not biased? that they are not propaganda machines?
Custard

United States

#24 Nov 22, 2012
Bulletin bird cage liner wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG. who is so stupid that the gave my post a big red "X". Do you actually believe that newspapers are not biased? that they are not propaganda machines?
Sounds like you hAve a vesTed interest, but no real heart regarding the Gettysburg situation.

Otherwise you are a pansy who got walked out by a girl. You owe her.
the Gettyburg situation

Greensburg, PA

#25 Nov 22, 2012
Custard wrote:
Sounds like you hAve a vesTed interest, but no real heart regarding the Gettysburg situation.
Well, it is sad that a small town loses its newspaper. But does Gettyburg need a newspaper

-----or a fabulous website?

Does Gettysburg need a newspaper or simply a town center billboard advertising leadership and social events? In person, everyone can "hear" the news.

Does Gettysburg's newspaper have no chance of being swallowed up by a larger publisher?

But, look, it seems that the Gettysburg newspaper is being purchase by a family names Sample that likes to run smalltown rags, so what's the real problem?
BornAndRaisedHer e

Gettysburg, PA

#26 Nov 22, 2012
the Gettyburg situation wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it is sad that a small town loses its newspaper. But does Gettyburg need a newspaper
-----or a fabulous website?
Does Gettysburg need a newspaper or simply a town center billboard advertising leadership and social events? In person, everyone can "hear" the news.
Does Gettysburg's newspaper have no chance of being swallowed up by a larger publisher?
But, look, it seems that the Gettysburg newspaper is being purchase by a family names Sample that likes to run smalltown rags, so what's the real problem?
Where in the article did it say Gettysburg is losing its newspaper? I read that the local Gettysburg Times will be under new ownership.

In addition, yes, we do need a local paper, and two would be nice so we can get opposing points of view on controversial subject.
Attaboy

United States

#27 Nov 22, 2012
BornAndRaisedHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the article did it say Gettysburg is losing its newspaper? I read that the local Gettysburg Times will be under new ownership.
In addition, yes, we do need a local paper, and two would be nice so we can get opposing points of view on controversial subject.
Don't worry, this guy is just another out of town loser.

The locals have nothing to fear, they are still the biggest losers of all.
Gringo

Paterson, NJ

#28 Nov 23, 2012
Fitus T Bluster wrote:
<quoted text>But plenty of worthless pink eye.
Phineus T Bluster
Gringo

Paterson, NJ

#29 Nov 23, 2012
Nosmo King
Bill Magee

Clarkston, MI

#30 Nov 23, 2012
Gringo wrote:
Nosmo King
This Cleary reference is the smartest thing I've seen coming out of Gettysburg in years. Sad for grade school pleasure reading.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#31 Nov 28, 2012
Fitus T Bluster wrote:
<quoted text>But plenty of worthless pink eye.
HUSH YOUR MOUTH..Pink Eye is gonna see this and WHOA NELLIE..YOU think she was ALL OVER the Boyd's Bear Closing thread...YOU AIN'T SEEEEEEN NOTHING..ONCE SHE SEES YOUR COMMENT..GONNA NEED...A CYBER BAND-AID..FER SURE..

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#32 Nov 28, 2012
WHAT THE FREAK...the Gettysburg Times being sold..No way!! Ya know, everyone is CUTTING their budgets leaner these days. With modern technology, paper circulation is probably down these days.. A decent newspaper carrier makes probably min. wage and relies on your tips. Paper even in unprinted is EXPENSIVE these days, I imagine the ink is also. Ya GOTTA do what ya GOTTA do..I do hope the new owners keep the quaint hometown feel THAT the Gettysburg Times built it's reputation upon..that would be soooooo cooool...ROCK ON ROCKERS!
Davenport

United States

#34 Nov 28, 2012
Fitus T Bluster wrote:
<quoted text>pink eye is davenport.
You are a red herring, only here to detract attention from the street gang problems in Gettysburg. I suggest running back to Allentown and dealing with the problems there, you schlub.

Since: Apr 11

Gettysburg, PA

#35 Nov 28, 2012
Fitus T Bluster wrote:
<quoted text>pink eye is davenport.
As much as I dislike disagreeing with you, I don’t believe Pink Eye, and Davenport are the same person. They may be relatives, or lovers, but not the same person.

Also Colorado Chick is not Davenport. She at least makes sense with some of her post, even if I don’t agree with everything she says. And she has never been as nasty as davenport calling names and attacking your family.
Maxwell Henderson

United States

#39 Nov 29, 2012
Davenport wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a red herring, only here to detract attention from the street gang problems in Gettysburg. I suggest running back to Allentown and dealing with the problems there, you schlub.
Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for the discourse between Frank and Ernest. Perhaps you found it on the Philadelphia forum?
Pink Eye

Huntingdon Valley, PA

#40 Nov 29, 2012
Davenport wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a red herring, only here to detract attention from the street gang problems in Gettysburg. I suggest running back to Allentown and dealing with the problems there, you schlub.
Hey Jerk, don't rip Allentown. That's my home town buddy. Maybe you really should get a map
Pink Eye

Emmaus, PA

#43 Nov 29, 2012
Pink Eye wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Jerk, don't rip Allentown. That's my home town buddy. Maybe you really should get a map
I don't live in Allentown. Personally I'll be the first to admit, Allentown is a shyt hole.
Pink Eye

Emmaus, PA

#44 Nov 29, 2012
Davenport wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwww... Loser is getting frustrated!!!
Yep even trying to confuse ya, that's how frustrated they're getting. Again, don't live in Allentown, thank gawd its a D U M P
Local

Gettysburg, PA

#45 Nov 29, 2012
Davenport wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwww... Loser is getting frustrated!!!
I'll bet it is almost as frustrating as it would be dumb enough to throw away a million dollars at a casino. Who could possibly be that dumb?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#46 Nov 29, 2012
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet it is almost as frustrating as it would be dumb enough to throw away a million dollars at a casino. Who could possibly be that dumb?
Many millions of dollars are "thrown away" on casinos across the country. Those casinos are VERY profitable and between their taxes and visitors spending they provide millions of dollars to the local counties and towns.
Local

Gettysburg, PA

#47 Nov 29, 2012
Paladinhgwt wrote:
<quoted text>
Many millions of dollars are "thrown away" on casinos across the country. Those casinos are VERY profitable and between their taxes and visitors spending they provide millions of dollars to the local counties and towns.
But for a single person, that could not afford it, to throw that kind of money away. A special kind of dumb.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Remains Fri Sammy 3
News PA Turnpike considers going cashless (Jul '12) Nov 27 Craig 3
Shooting investigation in Shippensburg Nov '16 openmind693 1
News GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump walks on ... Oct '16 Slurpz7574 41
News PA Lottery Powerball Ticket Worth $100,000 Sold... Oct '16 Anonymous 3
vincent eugene martz Sep '16 matt raffer 1
News Biglerville man caught stealing woman's underwe... (Jul '15) Sep '16 Panty Sniffer 6

Newville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newville Mortgages