Police log

There are 2 comments on the Public Opinion story from Jun 14, 2010, titled Police log. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

ASSAULT: Pennsylvania State Police in Carlisle are looking for a person who stabbed a Newville man multiple times during a fight at 22 W. Glebe Ave.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

Janie

Waynesboro, PA

#1 Jun 14, 2010
"Police said the Fayetteville woman was westbound on Lincoln Way at 3 p.m. Saturday in a 2006 Toyota Matrix when she failed to stop for a red light and hit Well's vehicle, which was trying to turn right onto Lincoln Way from Rocky Mountain Road."

The state could make a lot of money if they posted a cop at this intersection -- I would say that 10% of the time that I sit here, I watch cars blow through the red light. And trucks -- they just lay on their horn and keep on going. I never proceed on the green until I actually see the other vehicles stopped for their red.
Safety

Wayne, PA

#2 Jun 14, 2010
First of all, I agree with Janie's post I use that intersection daily and it is terrible. They used to have the grooves in the pavement in the turning lane so people couldn't go around other people turning either, now they have gotten rid of those so people are barrelling around other drivers waiting to turn.
Second on the Visionquest escapees, I want to know why the local South Mountain community is not alerted when these kids escape. We find out by reading in the paper days later, while these potentially dangerous kids are running around loose. I read the same thing in last week's paper and was unaware that someone had escaped. I wish the P.O. would contact Visionquest and Abraxas to do a story about this and ask them why they are not notifying the public when this happens. The escaping threatens our community and the not knowing makes it that much worse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Franklin County area police log (Apr '10) Apr 15 Tony 9
Pot Apr 4 Rexroth 2
News Franklin County area police log (Jan '11) Mar '17 duck man 5
Review: Red Circle Performance Preowned (Jan '13) Mar '17 Red Circle runs C... 30
Gettysburg police officer claims sexual harassm... Feb '17 Davenport 1
News GANGS IN FRANKLIN COUNTY? After arrests of Bloo... (Aug '10) Feb '17 Pappy 102
News AARP to offer tax preparation help (Jan '11) Jan '17 In2peace 4

Newville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newville Mortgages