Game cameras, tree stands stolen

Game cameras, tree stands stolen

There are 48 comments on the Public Opinion story from Sep 23, 2010, titled Game cameras, tree stands stolen. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

A thief in Cumberland County will be ready for hunting season after a caper this week in which game cameras, tree stands and climbing sticks were stolen from a 150-tract of land belonging to Douglas K. Johnson.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
FCG as well

New Oxford, PA

#55 Sep 28, 2010
Sounds to me like you're both idiots.
Dave

Waynesboro, PA

#56 Sep 28, 2010
gettum wrote:
i believe what she's trying to say is that she has never helped out in any way shape or form with wildlife. it is very easy to see that she is uneducated. i believe all hunters should dedicate their entire hunting season to loves wildlife. if she can't understand that hunters actually help manage wildlife, well then she's not real bright.centuries ago, trappers helped manage wildlife. with todays housing developements going everywhere, the animals have no where to go. they become over crouded in their dens and borrows. that's where mother nature steps in with diseases. when turkeys get to be to plentifull, they step in their own droppings and get diseseases that kill them off. it's a very slow and suffering death. if you are such a trooper, then you should either be putting a stop to the developemnts being built or buy a couple thousand acers to let you little fantasy world revolve around you. i to enjoy wildlife, but without it being controlled properlly, the animals suffer greatly. until you hunt in the mountains and see the dear that died with their ribs pushing through the hide from not having enough food, do to having to large of heard. or foxes with mange, or pheasants sitting in the middle of a field with no where to go... do to know one helping to grow cover for them.you claim you love wildlife.... i think your full of ****! the more you run your mouth... the more i feel like spray painting (loves wildlife) on every animal i take this year and start a scrap book in your honor. heck i might even parade around town, so keep running your mouth sweet heart. i'm cleaning lenses as i type.where exactlly did i lay that red varmint light? remember.... save a dear, bag an activist!
You are right when it comes to deer herd management.

When the food runs out, they all suffer.

However, there are those who hold no respect for the wildlife. There is joy in the hunt, to be outdoors in nature but there should also be some sadness in the death of an animal.

team scott

Newville, PA

#58 Sep 28, 2010
gettum wrote:
no he's not smarter, he's a fat slop hunter who gut shots dear every year. i've watched him shoot at dear and never look for blood.he just gets in his truck and heads home. he used to hunt our farm, till my father n law bought it. he's close to 75, or 80 years old now. he's one of those.... i'll hunt yours, but don't let me catch you on mine. his dad gave him 3 other farms that join ours, but he still hunts everyone elses. i have also sat back in the fence rows as he drove buy, while i was fox hunting. i see things he does also.you see, some of my friends work for the game commission, and some work for the state police. if it ever gets to that point... we can make his hunting season pure he!! when i have my 2 boys with me we are all in orange, he's in camo. i don't want to here anyone cry if a deer comes between us and bullets fly his way. i won't blame my boys! if you want to be hidden,... then lay there and rott while your in camo.
easy man,I just said watch your mouth.
gettum

Harrisonville, PA

#59 Sep 28, 2010
team scott wrote:
<quoted text>easy man,I just said watch your mouth.
i wasn't worried about watching my mouth, i could care less if the old man read it or not. he can't live to much longer... being 75-80 and well over 300lbs. i was refering to (FCG) saying we were both idiots.he doesn't even know me. but,... he sure is worried about me. it would really kill him to know i started hunting deer at the age of 11, and i have taken really nice buck every year since.my 14 year old has a heavy 6 and 7 point mounted from archery seasons and my 10 year old took his first deer a 6 point last year with a rifle.but in order to do this he needs to spend time in the field! 1/2 of my buck were killed in orchards around our house...(crop damage areas) you know ... where they beg you to come kill the deer.no one would ever show up, even though they were listed on the crop damage list. now they put up electric under ground fences and turned dogs loose with shocking transmitters. they run the deer right back up the mountain when they come down for an apple.we also fill all doe and bonus tags every year.their are deer out there,... you just need to ask permission, and know where to look. i hear it from guys every year, that they are going hunting with me. i don't let an arrow fly or squeeze a trigger till my boys kill.after their 7 and 6 points last year, i took a nice 8... from the same tree stand as they did... next to the last day.i've hidden our camera's so well already that i really have to look for them when we change the cards. if you don't know they're there... you'll never find them.believe me... the orchards were good in the 80's and they are still good!
team scott

Newville, PA

#60 Sep 29, 2010
gettum wrote:
<quoted text>
i wasn't worried about watching my mouth, i could care less if the old man read it or not. he can't live to much longer... being 75-80 and well over 300lbs. i was refering to (FCG) saying we were both idiots.he doesn't even know me. but,... he sure is worried about me. it would really kill him to know i started hunting deer at the age of 11, and i have taken really nice buck every year since.my 14 year old has a heavy 6 and 7 point mounted from archery seasons and my 10 year old took his first deer a 6 point last year with a rifle.but in order to do this he needs to spend time in the field! 1/2 of my buck were killed in orchards around our house...(crop damage areas) you know ... where they beg you to come kill the deer.no one would ever show up, even though they were listed on the crop damage list. now they put up electric under ground fences and turned dogs loose with shocking transmitters. they run the deer right back up the mountain when they come down for an apple.we also fill all doe and bonus tags every year.their are deer out there,... you just need to ask permission, and know where to look. i hear it from guys every year, that they are going hunting with me. i don't let an arrow fly or squeeze a trigger till my boys kill.after their 7 and 6 points last year, i took a nice 8... from the same tree stand as they did... next to the last day.i've hidden our camera's so well already that i really have to look for them when we change the cards. if you don't know they're there... you'll never find them.believe me... the orchards were good in the 80's and they are still good!
you sound like a good mentor,maybe you should take it easy on the old man,like you said he don't have much time left.I teach hunter trapper ed.& I like to see the kids get taught the right way.
team scott

Newville, PA

#63 Sep 30, 2010
can hunting wrote:
how can you teach them when he knows your hunting he will drive around in the field honking the horn. we asked him what his problem was... his answer was ... he's tired of everyone shooting the big bucks off the farms. yet he'll go out and hunt the next day. my boys can hunt and trap with the best of them...We don't need a mentor. we get along with all the other farmers, and we all hunt and share each others property. this guys dad would let all of us hunt, and he hunted ours. once he passed away that all changed.his son wants to still hunt everyones property, but don't get caught on his. until you know this guy, you'll never understand!he has 3 farms that butt against each other, and a hunting camp upstate with property, yet he's worried about my two boys getting deer off our farm that joins his. he even went as far as to ask us not to shoot foxes because he likes to trap them. i call in as many as i can and let the boys shoot them.he also went as far as to stock a dozen **** birds... he wanted them to reproduce... he never turned any hen birds loose! i guess that why he never got married, he just don't understand how it works? i also used to help with hunter trapper ed. i don't agree with when kids flunked, they take them aside and ask a few questions and give them their card anyway. i also seen police officers bring their kids in when they were 9 and 10 get a cert. card. i questioned it, i was told whats it going to hurt, i pushed the subject a little further. i was told ... we'll hold onto the card till they turn of age. i knew darn well when i left they were getting that card.i also have seen them give copies of the saftey test to their buddies so their kids could practice... what the heck. when one of the other guys asked if he could get a copy they said no... were not allowed.the kid who had a copy of the test guffed off the whole time and had a perfect score.RIGHT!i had this kid in scouts... he's not that bright. you can help mentor them,... i'll take care of my end of the deal.
I can assure you nobody under 11 gets a card from us & nobody gets a copy of the test that I know of.I'm there to teach safty not make friends.
FCG as well

New Oxford, PA

#65 Sep 30, 2010
The thought that there are people as ignorant as "can hunting" and "gettum" out in the woods with guns is almost enough to keep other hunters at home. I doubt either of you is smart enough to load a gun, let alone tell the difference between a deer and a man.
yep still smiling

Harrisonville, PA

#69 Sep 30, 2010
FCG as well wrote:
The thought that there are people as ignorant as "can hunting" and "gettum" out in the woods with guns is almost enough to keep other hunters at home. I doubt either of you is smart enough to load a gun, let alone tell the difference between a deer and a man.
son shine, you really need to quit hanging out at gander mountain and reading field and stream. maybe if you actually got out a little you would learn how to hunt! what's the matter? pretty boy hair gel scent spook your spike? grow up son shine.... if you really want to help, come on down to the Gettysburg battlefield and help cut some more trees. the more they cut... the more deer it pushes on our property. FCG...isn't that some kind of inbreeding lic.... ok, i see where your from, that explains alot.(can't get a deer unless someone holds the light) lol! man the guys here at letterkenny get a kick out of you! some are even from the same place... they were wondering which retarded neighbor you are. ha ha!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gettysburg police officer claims sexual harassm... Feb 22 Davenport 1
Pot Feb 17 Michelle 1
News GANGS IN FRANKLIN COUNTY? After arrests of Bloo... (Aug '10) Feb 1 Pappy 102
News AARP to offer tax preparation help (Jan '11) Jan 28 In2peace 4
Woman accused of animal cruelty, danes, goats a... Jan '17 Pink Eye 7
News PA Lottery Powerball Ticket Worth $100,000 Sold... Dec '16 Saddam 6
Vincent martz Dec '16 martz friends 1

Newville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newville Mortgages