Poverty Hollow murder investigation s...

Poverty Hollow murder investigation still exists?

Posted in the Newtown Forum

CTM

Sandy Hook, CT

#1 Jun 3, 2011
Ten years after the woman was missing, her husband mentioned it. Years later, sold the house and she was found under the kitchen. Do ya think he knew about it? What is the status of the investigation?
CTM

Sandy Hook, CT

#2 Jun 10, 2011
Wow, a woman was murdered and stuffed under the floorboards of her kitchen and nobody says anything. That screams there is a real problem with this community.
Randy

Trumbull, CT

#3 Jun 12, 2011
CTM wrote:
Wow, a woman was murdered and stuffed under the floorboards of her kitchen and nobody says anything. That screams there is a real problem with this community.
I would point out to CTM that Ms Heath WAS missed by several of her neighbors [I know several who remember the incident well!] at the time who inquired both of her husband and the Newtown police. There was a missing persons report. The police did not take it seriously.

I would further point out that the Newtown police department in the mid-80's was not the sharpest group in the State. Remember Helle Crafts and the "wood chipper murder"? That episode didn't exactly inspire confidence in their professionalism. Had Mr Crafts owned a barn, he might well have put her body there instead of chipping her into the lake -- and thus "gotten away with it". But then, it was the dead of winter and digging a pit might have been difficult.[And _that_ case was only solved because her friends "embarrassed" the Newtown police by hiring a private detective attheir own expense!]

There was also the flight attendant who "disappeared" about the same time as Ms Craft on Block Island. Her husband -- also an airline pilot -- was "suspected" of more knowledge than he admitted. She has also never been found.

And I believe it was the police chief at the time who commented that "women leave their husbands [in Newtown] all the time. What's the big deal?"
CTM

Sandy Hook, CT

#4 Jun 17, 2011
So now it's twenty years later..... who did it? Do ya think the Keystone Cops could have solved it by now? Do ya think,..ever? Ten years to the missing person report. Lots of circumstances in Newtown have an "Open Case" status, but what actually gets done?
Randy

Clifton, NJ

#5 Jun 20, 2011
Her husband did it! None of the people I know have any doubt. Proving it 20 years later is going to be "difficult", assuming anyone chooses to take it on. The Newtown PD certainly won't. Do you know retired State Police who might be looking for a cold case challenge?

As I said in my earlier post, the only reason Helle Craft's murder was solved was that several of her friends hired a private investigator who turned up enough evidence that even the Newtown PD couldn't ignore it...

I don't know if you live in Newtown or not. But let's just say that you do not want a major crime to be committed there -- not if you want it solved, that is! Of course, I'm not sure that any of the "smaller" PDs in Connecticut are what I'd call "world class". Consider the steller way that Cheshire handled the Petit home invasion affair.....
CTM

Sandy Hook, CT

#6 Jun 21, 2011
What doesn't help is that our inbred "leaders" are the ones doing most of the crimes and they pay the police. The massive amounts of dumping, solids chemicals and toxics, murders,and then there are the lying real estate agents that will sell you a house with poisoned water.
CTM

Sandy Hook, CT

#7 Aug 7, 2011
No comments from the general community. Are you all in that much fear of speaking out? Apparently if you are the right inbred here you can kill your wife, stuff her under the floorboards, wait ten years to fill out the missing persons report then sell the house and leave! I guess he waited until all the smell was gone. And you can do this without anybody in the whole town making it an issue. I see the basic human standard of what should, and has been done when people turn up missing. THE WHOLE TOWN FORMS A SEARCH PARTY!! And they don't stop until they find that missing person or drop from exhaustion. That is a human and HUMANE standard. Must be something in the water here.
CTM

Sandy Hook, CT

#8 Aug 23, 2011
If this is how Newtown treats it's long time citizens, do you really think they are going to care what they do to another town? Especially when they can make a buck?

Since: Oct 11

AOL

#9 Oct 8, 2011
There is something deeply wrong with this entire town that no constuctive comments have been even made about this circumstance. So what other pains are you being so "good" about not saying anything about?
CTM1

Sandy Hook, CT

#10 Oct 16, 2011
I guess you can get anything buried here in Newtown if you're in with the crooks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Danbury man faces assault charges after ex-wife... (Feb '08) Fri In the know 202
News Newtown still seeking 'normal' after Sandy Hook... Fri BetrayedAmerica 4
News Two charged in jewelry theft in Brewster (Jan '09) Thu Ddd 27
News What is the Unemployment Rate in Vernon? Jun 28 American Gentlema... 2
News exit-arrow- Jun 28 tomin cali 1
Event to finally be Hosted in Danbury, CT It's ... Jun 28 SamCook Lover 1
News Taillight leads to arrest for Danbury man (Feb '08) Jun 26 Kerin 28
More from around the web

Newtown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Newtown Mortgages