Southbury shooting victim identified ...

Southbury shooting victim identified as a Newtown man

There are 31 comments on the NewsTimes.com story from Nov 6, 2007, titled Southbury shooting victim identified as a Newtown man. In it, NewsTimes.com reports that:

A 21-year-old Newtown man remained hospitalized Monday after being shot by a Berkshire Drive homeowner early Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsTimes.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Boomer

Corona, NY

#25 Nov 8, 2007
Lll wrote:
Maybe he was in a lot of pain or hit his head realy hard and just wanted to get out of the cold and ask someone for help. If you dont have a cellphone to call, injured scared and starting to freeze what would you do. He's my friend and i know he wasnt out to hurt anyone but he probly should have just rang the doorbell.
ok Lil... if you ever have an uninvited stranger in your basement you do your best to make sure he is comfortable, you know, offer a drink and a nice back rub or even some asprins in case this uninvited stranger has a headache... take your time eliminating all mundane/innocent reasons why this uninvited stranger might be in your basement at oh-dark hundred hours of the morning ... get freakin real!!! it is amazing the extent people will go to make the home owner the villain in this. stop rationalizing on behalf of the wrong doer... it is not unlike the arabs saying the US is at fault for 9/11....
Lll

United States

#26 Nov 8, 2007
I probly would have shot someone if they broke into my house too. I'm not justifying anything. It was a bad string of events and it's too bad he lost a kidney and had to get his intenstines recontructed after he crashed his car, got shot then got attacked by the police dog. Having some sympathy on the situation wouldn't be too much, think about if you were in his shoes and had a hole in your stomache.
Boomer wrote:
<quoted text>
ok Lil... if you ever have an uninvited stranger in your basement you do your best to make sure he is comfortable, you know, offer a drink and a nice back rub or even some asprins in case this uninvited stranger has a headache... take your time eliminating all mundane/innocent reasons why this uninvited stranger might be in your basement at oh-dark hundred hours of the morning ... get freakin real!!! it is amazing the extent people will go to make the home owner the villain in this. stop rationalizing on behalf of the wrong doer... it is not unlike the arabs saying the US is at fault for 9/11....

“Tabernac !!”

Since: Oct 07

Danbury

#27 Nov 8, 2007
Lll wrote:
think about if you were in his shoes and had a hole in your stomache.
<quoted text>
Id say "Wow ,what an idiot I am, my own stupidity cost me a hole in my stomach and no kidney"

“Dont Worry :o)”

Since: Nov 07

New Fairfield

#28 Nov 8, 2007
I THINK READING THESE GIVE ME HEAD ACHES SOMETIMES.....
Boomer

Corona, NY

#29 Nov 9, 2007
Lil, Alter showed poor judgement to say the least... and i cannot put my self in his shoes for i do not drive blind stinking drunk or under the influence of drugs, nor do i hit trees and break into other people's homes... i know where i live and respect the rights and safefy of my neighbors... Alter pretty much looks stupid and there is no cure for stupid!...
asdf

Cortland, NY

#30 Nov 10, 2007
boomer why dont you keep your jersey sleez comments to yourself...we all know that we all puke a little bit in our mouth when we see welcome to NJ signs.
Boomer

Corona, NY

#31 Nov 12, 2007
Asdf... what in my comments can be considered sleeze? is it perhaps i used concepts or words that are beyond your upstate ny hick education? i guess that respecting the welfare of my neighbors, be it on the road driving or just their right to quiet enjoyment of their private property, offends your beastial sensibilities... for isnt Ithaca a town where men are men, women are men and the sheep are scared?!?!?! keep drinking and driving and defending the people who are completely self absorbed...
Martha _S

Hebron, CT

#35 Nov 16, 2007
boomer you are a ret*****rded hick mother f ****cker who has no idea what your talkin about besides what you've read in the papers. why dont you do some f ****ckin research and start thinking before you give a response, which makes a r**tarded monkey eating and flinging its own sh**t look smarter than you. do you even read the whole thing or just pick and choose what you want cause every response youve given is even more retarded than the last why dont you shut the **** up and go back to school and learn some g***d d***mn common sense you incest sheep f***ckin f****ggot
You seem to know this person quite well,but you shouldn't criticize your friend publicly.
This is Martha
Martha _S

Hebron, CT

#36 Nov 16, 2007
Tarheel wrote:
Shoot first, ask questions later.
Only when dealing with screwball cops !
devils advocate

Danbury, CT

#37 Apr 18, 2008
dear martha u will convey no solid point cursing your way through a sentance u may as well say i'm a dumbass right at the beginning of your post if u can't respect the people of this forum. Look i swear on occasion but i have less curse words on this entire site than u do in one post and that to me clues me in to your true intelect and rage issues
suck one

Campton, KY

#38 Oct 3, 2011
haha this is all to funny dont break into a home at dark do it in the day dum a$$
:) be smart and dont get shot so dont break into house ater dark you will get shot
:( sorry that u was not smart at all

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Reinstate slavery!!! (Jun '08) Apr 17 yep 24
News Bridgeport Mayor Joe Ganim Apr 13 America Gentleman... 1
News EDITORIAL: Congress gets a model for assault ar... Apr 13 Marauder 2
News Judge ponders throwing out key evidence in Navi... Apr 13 Daniels Conscience 2
News Weird stuff you can do in Connecticut Apr 4 Mona 3
News Diners: You know them, they know you (Jan '09) Apr 3 WorkAvoider 17
News Defense tries to bar texts in Easton double sla... Mar 30 America Gentleman... 3

Newtown Jobs

Personal Finance

Newtown Mortgages