Southbury shooting victim identified as a Newtown man

Full story: NewsTimes.com

A 21-year-old Newtown man remained hospitalized Monday after being shot by a Berkshire Drive homeowner early Sunday.
Comments
1 - 20 of 31 Comments Last updated Oct 3, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
LAIDOFF

Monroe, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

"Mr. Intruder, meet Mr. Mossberg"

Mr. Mossberg, meet Mr. Intruder"

B O O M !!!
EMPLOYED

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

Mr. Laidoff, meet Mr. Job Application.

Since: Oct 07

Danbury CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

This is why I have a gun permit. Strange guy in the basement coming at me - of course I'm going to shoot him.
2badcrew

Norwich, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

Nagy, wasn't that guy in your basement reaching for a lead pipe?

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

I knew a John Nagy from Ct. at Fort Bliss, fall of 72, vulcans. That you John? Reply.
coffeedrinkingni ghthawk

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

This is a very sad situation for BOTH involved. The homeowner has the right to protect himself. The intruder may have been intoxicated from alcohol and or drugs or somehow disoriented. Either way addiction is an illness. Not a joke. You would not make fun of someone who did the same thing because they were disoriented due to a diabetic illness. Diabetics can become very disorinted if their blood sugar level becomes too low. I see no difference, both have an illness they did not chose to be afflicted with. Let us pray for both men.

Danbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

BBB147 wrote:
Lock up NAGY
3 B's for Blasphemous, Belittle and Banned (Hopefully)
Boomer

Jackson Heights, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

what is up with you people?... coffeedrink, you left out hugging the poor defenseless tree Alter crashed his car into before intruding into Nagy's house. Bottom line is Alter broke the sanctity of Nagy's home when he entered it illegally. Though the outcome is terrible for both parties, the home owner has the right to protect his home from unwanted intruders.

And if coffeedrink doesnt agree with me, please post your address on this thread so we can come and visit you for dinner this coming weekend.

“HEAR MY WORDS OF TRUTH!”

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

Can't wait to see the tox report on this one...

“Mikko Makela”

Helsinki

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

What is up in the Hook? This guy here, the peodphile last week, and the Gordon kid filming women over the tanning booth wall? Something in that well water.
LAIDOFF

Monroe, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

EMPLOYED wrote:
Mr. Laidoff, meet Mr. Job Application.
Mr. Jerk Moron, it is only a moniker. Stop by sometime, Mr.M would love to say howdy!!!
coffeedrinkingni ghthawk

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

Boomer wrote:
what is up with you people?... coffeedrink, you left out hugging the poor defenseless tree Alter crashed his car into before intruding into Nagy's house. Bottom line is Alter broke the sanctity of Nagy's home when he entered it illegally. Though the outcome is terrible for both parties, the home owner has the right to protect his home from unwanted intruders.
And if coffeedrink doesnt agree with me, please post your address on this thread so we can come and visit you for dinner this coming weekend.
Perhaps you missed the point. I said it was sad for both people involved. I said the man had every right to protect himself. I said the intruder has an illness that made him enter a home that was not his. I'm sorry I left out the fact that he hit a tree with his car before he went into the wrong house. No one sets out to hit a tree, go into a home that is not his or get shot. The man is ill. I feel bad for BOTH men. It seems to me that people like to chose between who is right and who is wrong in situations. As I said it is so very sad because they both were victims. I did NOT say that the homeowner should be prosecuted because he shot the intruder. We should pray for them both. Any further questions?

“PORK. The other white meat. ”

Taserbury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

NRA wins again.

“HEAR MY WORDS OF TRUTH!”

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

Wasn't there a police blotter story about some kid getting pinched for heroin possession in Newtown a few weeks back?

If I recall, some commentors had indicated a growing heroin problem in Newtown. Wouldn't know myself, but if that insidious drug has taken root, Newtown has a serious issue on their hands.

The tox report should be interesting... if the NT bothers to follow up.
LAIDOFF

Monroe, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

TheMemphisKid wrote:
if that insidious drug has taken root, Newtown has a serious issue on their hands.
The tox report should be interesting... if the NT bothers to follow up.
Either the town fathers and the school system are in denial or are covering up so as not to mar the "image" of the town; but it is a problem and has been for quite a while.

As far as a NT follow-up...laughable!!!

Does this rag ever follow up on a story's outcome???
NEWS

Sandy Hook, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

Alleged perpetrator, trespasser, burglar, assailant, or intoxicated vagrant maybe. Victim, I don't think so. The ghost of Cybil Ludington haunts our streets as she rides proclaiming, "The liberals are coming, the liberals are coming" Is anyone in this country responsible for their poor decisions?
get real

Monroe, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

"Perhaps you missed the point. I said it was sad for both people involved. I said the man had every right to protect himself. I said the intruder has an illness that made him enter a home that was not his."
give me a break- nothing MADE him enter someone else's house- do you have sympathy for a rapist? maybe some sickness MAKES him rape someone- does he need a hug too??- this guy got hammered up,wrecked his car and broke into the wrong guys house- good for the home owner-
Lll

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

Maybe he was in a lot of pain or hit his head realy hard and just wanted to get out of the cold and ask someone for help. If you dont have a cellphone to call, injured scared and starting to freeze what would you do. He's my friend and i know he wasnt out to hurt anyone but he probly should have just rang the doorbell.
Mark

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

I don't know about you all , but if it was my house this guy broke into in the middle of the night . I would not stop shooting until my clip was empty and he was dead . After all ITS NOT ONLY MY RIGHT BUT MY OBLIGATION TO PROTECT MY FAMILY . Free the homeowner.
Charles Bronson

Newtown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

Warming getting intoxicated and breaking into someone’s home in the middle of the night may be hazardous to your health.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Newtown News Video

•••
•••

Newtown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Newtown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE