Obama: 'We can't tolerate this anymore'

Obama: 'We can't tolerate this anymore'

Posted in the Newtown Forum

Remeron

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1 Dec 17, 2012
President Barack Obama assured the grieving, shell-shocked Newtown community on Sunday that "you are not alone" and vowed sternly to wield "whatever power this office holds" in a quest to prevent future mass shootings.

"We can't tolerate this anymore," Obama said from behind a podium on the stage of a Newton High School auditorium, as adults wept, or hugged, or sat quietly, many hugging small children. "These tragedies must end. And to end them, we must change."

"In the coming weeks, I'll use whatever power this office holds to engage my fellow citizens -- from law enforcement, to mental health professionals, to parents, and educators -- in an effort aimed at preventing more tragedies like this, because what choice do we have?"he said.

Read the rest: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-newt...

"These tragedies must end. And to end them, we must change."

I remember reading this and I think it would be a good change,

Back in December 2003, a study in Psychiatric Services on “financial disincentives” for psychotherapy noted that psychiatrists could earn about $263 an hour doing three 15-minute “medication management” sessions, verses about $156 for a 45 to 50-minute therapy session, representing a pay cut of close to 41% per hour for doing therapy only.

The most common excuse given for the high rate of prescribing psychiatric drugs is that talk, behavioral, cognitive or other forms of non-drug treatment cost too much. However, in 2008, more than $24 billion worth of antidepressants and antipsychotics were dispensed.“Such expenditure would employ 240,000 psychotherapists earning an annual income of $100,000 to provide 6 million hours of psychotherapy averaging 25 client-hours a week,” Murray estimates.

These figures do not include what would be possible using the additional revenue generated by the sales of antianxiety, hypnotic, and psychostimulant drugs, he says."

I read it here: http://pubrecord.org/nation/7955/psychopharma...

I think if the time was taken to talk to distressed people instead of just medicating them, mabey we could end this insanity we see on T.V like every other week.

Our president is right, we can't tolerate this anymore.
wow

Fayetteville, NY

#4 Dec 18, 2012
AdamLanzaVaccineVictim wrote:
And parents in the 1990's said our child was never the same after a series of vaccinations.
www.youtube.com/watch...
Most people who have mental problems are compulsive, like posting 80 times. You might want to seek some mental help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti farm ordinance! VOTE NO -tonight in Ridgef... Tue Haha 4
News Campaign finance reports show who's up, who's down Jan 13 America Gentleman... 1
News Connecticut LGBT community finds new home at No... Jan 8 Comrade Sanders 12
News Kyle Navin To Face Trial For Parents' Murder In... Jan 2 Daniels Conscience 4
News Danbury man faces assault charges after ex-wife... (Feb '08) Dec 25 Wondering reader 487
News Free McNuggets Could Be Winging Your Way In Fai... Dec 18 America Gentleman... 7
News What to expect from the snowstorm Dec 18 BPT 10

Newtown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newtown Mortgages