Gun control debate heating up in statehouses

Dec 21, 2012 Full story: NBC29 2,688

By The Associated Press Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories that will be talked about Friday: President Barack Obama says his administration has received an outpouring of support for stricter gun laws following last week's elementary school massacre in Connecticut, telling respondents to an online... President Barack ... (more)

Read more

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1235 Jan 12, 2013
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>He shouilda just stabbed her and saved us the hassle of being attacked. None the less, meh.
LOL: yes, your typical husband who buys a firearm to "protect" the family turns it on the wife instead.

Barrel of laughs.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#1236 Jan 12, 2013
My Line In The Sand Is Drawn Here!

What most people fail to realize (because they are not taught it) is that the match that ignited America’s War for Independence was not excessive taxes, or the lack of representation, or trade restrictions, or the lack of trial by jury (as important as these issues were). The match that ignited America’s War for Independence was ATTEMPTED GUN CONFISCATION.

On April 19, 1775, British troops, some 800 strong, were dispatched to Concord, Massachusetts, to arrest Sam Adams and John Hancock and to seize a cache of weapons known to be stored at Concord. When Dr. Joseph Warren sent Paul Revere to warn Pastor Jonas Clark (in whose home Adams and Hancock were staying) that the Crown’s troops were on their way to arrest the two men and seize the guns at Concord, he alerted his male congregants. About 60-70 men from the Church of Lexington stood armed on Lexington Green awaiting the Red Coats.

Upon spotting the citizen militia, a British officer demanded the men throw down their arms. They refused; and the British troops immediately opened fire. Eight of the Minutemen were instantly killed. The colonists returned fire in self-defense, and the shot was fired that was heard ’round the world. By the time the troops arrived at the Concord Bridge, just a few miles away, hundreds of colonists were waiting for them with muskets in hand, and the rest, as they say, is history...

http://libertycrier.com/u-s-constitution/chuc...
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#1237 Jan 12, 2013
Patriot wrote:
What most people fail to realize (because they are not taught it) is that the match that ignited America’s War for Independence was not excessive taxes, or the lack of representation, or trade restrictions, or the lack of trial by jury (as important as these issues were). The match that ignited America’s War for Independence was ATTEMPTED GUN CONFISCATION.
On April 19, 1775, British troops, some 800 strong, were dispatched to Concord, Massachusetts, to arrest Sam Adams and John Hancock and to seize a cache of weapons known to be stored at Concord. When Dr. Joseph Warren sent Paul Revere to warn Pastor Jonas Clark (in whose home Adams and Hancock were staying) that the Crown’s troops were on their way to arrest the two men and seize the guns at Concord, he alerted his male congregants. About 60-70 men from the Church of Lexington stood armed on Lexington Green awaiting the Red Coats.
Upon spotting the citizen militia, a British officer demanded the men throw down their arms. They refused; and the British troops immediately opened fire. Eight of the Minutemen were instantly killed. The colonists returned fire in self-defense, and the shot was fired that was heard ’round the world. By the time the troops arrived at the Concord Bridge, just a few miles away, hundreds of colonists were waiting for them with muskets in hand, and the rest, as they say, is history...
http://libertycrier.com/u-s-constitution/chuc...
Huh? You live in very special universe where stupidity and ignorance is a celebration? It has been known for quite some time now that opposing armies will disarm the enemy upon capture – your insight is a spectacular revelation ... of your own stupidity!

Location hidden

#1238 Jan 12, 2013
Patriot wrote:
What most people fail to realize (because they are not taught it)
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel."

None more evident that those that insist they are.

Since: Nov 11

Salt Lake City, UT

#1239 Jan 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL: yes, your typical husband who buys a firearm to "protect" the family turns it on the wife instead.
Barrel of laughs.
A "typical" husband buy a firearms to protect his family and kills his wife???????
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#1240 Jan 12, 2013
Erwin Rommel wrote:
Gee i wonder how many drunk drivers killed someone or just drivers died in motorvehicle accidents today?
Oh you haven't heard? A crazed kid just drove his semi automatic car up the steps, down the hall way around the corner and into a class room resulting in a mass killing - happy now?

Location hidden

#1241 Jan 12, 2013
Patriot wrote:
On April 19, 1775, British troops, some 800 strong, were dispatched to Concord, Massachusetts, to arrest Sam Adams and John Hancock and to seize a cache of weapons known to be stored at Concord.
Why oh why were they send to seize a cache of weapons, PA?

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#1242 Jan 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Already refuted, honey.
We don't have to make you admit you have had it stuff up your bum.
Are you saying that in spite of popular belief the POTUS is the TOBY of Congress?
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#1243 Jan 12, 2013
Mexican Drug Cartels Celebrate The Usurper's US Gun Control/Gun Grab

The Sinaloa Cartel (Spanish: Cártel de Sinaloa or CDS) is a drug-trafficking and organized crime syndicate based in the city of Culiacán, Sinaloa.

http://theintelhub.com/2013/01/12/mexican-dru...

Location hidden

#1244 Jan 12, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Mexican Drug Cartels Celebrate
They celebrate the gun gnutters' willingness sell firearms without background checks.

People like you, hon.
Erwin Rommel

Oscoda, MI

#1245 Jan 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
They celebrate the gun gnutters' willingness sell firearms without background checks.
People like you, hon.
You really lead a pathetic exsistence, although a few posters thought you were gay, you are just a dumb biotch. But we could be wrong and you are a queer that has no life but to sit behind a keyboard and try to sell your propaganda laced bullsh^t allday. We have a pickup bed full of coyotes that we shot with our sportrifles this evening, and a whole bunch of bacon on a great night with the kids. Get a life because our sportrifles are going nowhere but our hands and safes. Kind of led to believe with the time you have that we the taxpayers pay for your pathetic life. Fat ugly and lazy...

Location hidden

#1246 Jan 12, 2013
Erwin Rommel wrote:
<quoted text> You really lead a pathetic exsistence,
And you haven't graduated from high school and are stuck at the corner lot holding cardboard signs promising you will work for food... which you never do...

I wouldn't want to be you even if it meant not every having to do a lick of work.

Location hidden

#1247 Jan 12, 2013
Erwin Rommel wrote:
Fat ugly and lazy...
She married you- but at least she does the laundry, eh?

Corbin Ky.

#1248 Jan 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you, hon.
Here are your gun runners.

Operation Gun Walker

"What if I told you that the Obama Administration’s Justice Department authorized the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (the “ATF”) to rig gun background checks so gun runners could “walk” guns into Mexico after clearing an instant background check at various gun stores in the U.S.?

What if I told you that the Department of Justice and ATF did this to try to build a picture of Mexican Drug Cartels so the cartels could be taken out?

What if I told you that the ATF’s authorization of this operation, called by them “Fast and Furious“, corresponded to an increase in gun violence by drug cartels in Mexico?

What if I told you the Obama Administration never told the Mexican Government — making this a clear act of war under any host of international precedents?

What if I told you that at least one, and maybe more, American border patrol agents were murdered by guns passed over the border with the permission of the ATF?

And what if I told you that the Department of Justice and ATF decided to use the gun running they authorized, enabled, and oversaw as evidence in the Obama Administration’s fight to crack down on gun sales in the United States?"

"Surveillance video obtained by CBS News shows suspected drug cartel suppliers carrying boxes of weapons to their cars at a Phoenix gun shop. The long boxes shown in the video being loaded in were AK-47-type assault rifles."

Since this article was done two of our border agents were murdered with some of these guns. Even a Mexican beauty queen was murdered with one along with approx. 60 others Mexicans. Obama issued an EO to prevent info from coming out against Eric Holder who incidently is today sitting on VP Bidens panel discussing gun control.

Location hidden

#1249 Jan 12, 2013
wowed wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are your gun runners.
Operation Gun Walker
Operation Wide Receiver.

PS: state houses... you do know that the states have not a thing to do with the Feds?

Location hidden

#1250 Jan 12, 2013
wowed wrote:
What if I told you
What if I told you the election was over two months ago and no one paid attention to your drivel then and no one cares now, and that the operations of the state legislatures (do see the topic heading) has nothing to do with how the feds operate?

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#1251 Jan 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Operation Wide Receiver.
PS: state houses... you do know that the states have not a thing to do with the Feds?
the feds don't have authority over the transfer of property amongst individuals within a state, you dumbkopff.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#1252 Jan 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What if I told you the election was over two months ago and no one paid attention to your drivel then and no one cares now, and that the operations of the state legislatures (do see the topic heading) has nothing to do with how the feds operate?
Feds powers a limited to numbered fixed powers, the rest of the powers belong to the people. If Maryland wants to have 100% background checks for intrastate firearms transfers, that's Maryland's dealio. It's not an authority of the federal government to regulate those transfers.
Erwin Rommel

Oscoda, MI

#1253 Jan 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
She married you- but at least she does the laundry, eh?
What is wrong douchebag? Hit a nerve? You must be talking about yourself. I know it is not about my hot liberal fiance who loves her AK-47. Yes all liberals are not as pathetic as you are.

Location hidden

#1254 Jan 12, 2013
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>the feds don't have authority over the transfer of property amongst individuals within a state, you dumbkopff.
I didn't say the did (or they didn't), spoogebreath.

If you come up for air once in a while- even if you read this thread- you would find out that there are fifty states with fifty legislatures... and many (if not all) are looking at transfer of of deadly weapons.

REquiring background checks on all...

I know, it will make it harder for you felons and mental cases to buy guns.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bethel woman faces vehicle charges (Feb '08) 6 min MARYJANES BIGGEST... 69
News Norwalk Ranks Below State Average For Safety In... 4 hr Norwalk resistanc... 6
News Cyclists riding to D.C. in memory of Sandy Hook... Sun William Wilhelm Jr 2
News Traffic Light Possible Near Route 111 Shopping ... Mar 27 Menacia 1
News Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) Mar 25 CTM 12,176
sandy hook = hoax Mar 25 CTM 10
How many newtown shooting families still reside... Mar 25 CTM 4
Newtown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Newtown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]