Gun control debate heating up in stat...

Gun control debate heating up in statehouses

There are 2688 comments on the NBC29 story from Dec 21, 2012, titled Gun control debate heating up in statehouses. In it, NBC29 reports that:

By The Associated Press Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories that will be talked about Friday: President Barack Obama says his administration has received an outpouring of support for stricter gun laws following last week's elementary school massacre in Connecticut, telling respondents to an online... President Barack ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2516 Feb 2, 2013
just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you were talking about a criminal committing a crime.
Gun lover committing a crime.

Funny: the gun lover isn't a criminal right up to the very second he pulls the trigger, and then of course he's a criminal.

Gun lover, donglicker.

The gun lover with the CCW is a fine citizen until he goes waco and kills his wife- as hundreds kill their wives every year.

But... until he forms that intent... he's still a fine American citizen uphold his constitutional right to own a firearm.

Move over two steps, dear, so the janitor can mop up the puddle where you are kneeling.

Location hidden

#2517 Feb 2, 2013
just another guy wrote:
No,.
Sorry, JAGGOFF, I called you 'donglicker'. you provide another service.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#2518 Feb 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny: the gun lover isn't a criminal right up to the very second he pulls the trigger, and then of course he's a criminal.
Gun lover, donglicker.
The gun lover with the CCW is a fine citizen until he goes waco and kills his wife- as hundreds kill their wives every year.
But... until he forms that intent... he's still a fine American citizen uphold his constitutional right to own a firearm.
Move over two steps, dear, so the janitor can mop up the puddle where you are kneeling.
Hundreds of CCW license holders kill their wives every year, huh? Please provide any proof you can find of such.

Even the VERY BIASED Violence Policy Center {spit} disagrees with you. According to their statistics, which also include suicides, CCW holders only kill about 84 people a year nationally. In fact about a year ago on another thread, by using VPC and FBI stats, I showed that there were approx. 919 killings per month by those NOT having a CCW, as opposed to 7 killings per month by those with a CCW. I think I will stick with the CCW crowd. Thanks for playing.
Maxamillion

Minneapolis, MN

#2519 Feb 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gun lover, donglicker.
How many of the 500+ Chicago murders in 2012 were commited by legal gun owners with NO criminal record?

Just a guess.

Location hidden

#2520 Feb 2, 2013
Maxamillion wrote:
<quoted text>
How many of the 500+ Chicago murders in 2012 were commited by legal gun owners with NO criminal record?
Just a guess.
Why don't you and your aliases put your head together come up with a guess?

And then see if you can make a point.

And see if you can convince us what the 500 firearm killings make a good case for more guns.

Putting aside the shootings are not all murders.

Location hidden

#2521 Feb 2, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Hundreds of CCW license holders kill their wives every year, huh?
Learn to read, darling.

Slowly...

Putting aside there is virtually no tracking for the crimes.

You don't know how many murders are committed (or not committed) by CCW holders nor do I pretend to.

Location hidden

#2522 Feb 2, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
CCW holders only kill about 84 people a year nationally.
Only 84 human beings, you don't say?

Location hidden

#2523 Feb 2, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
by using VPC and FBI stats, I showed.
Garbage in, garbage out.

Happy to see the FBI or DoJ stat- with the link- to prove it.

Start with showing the database that tracks crimes committed by CCW holders.

I have no interest in your gun gnutter voodoo math.

Location hidden

#2524 Feb 2, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
Even the VERY BIASED Violence Policy Center {spit} disagrees
Show us the CITE where VPC states they believe the number of firearm deaths attributed to CCW holders total 84 a year.
Maxamillion

Minneapolis, MN

#2525 Feb 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you and your aliases put your head together come up with a guess?
And then see if you can make a point.
And see if you can convince us what the 500 firearm killings make a good case for more guns.
Putting aside the shootings are not all murders.
OK you don't have a clue.

I'd guess at least 99% of Chicagos murders in 2012 were commited by criminals.

What is the problem in Chicago, weapons OR criminals?

I'd make a case for fewer criminals, they will always find a dangerous weapon to kill innocents.

In 2012 there were over 500 murders in Chicago, not shootings.
CTM

United States

#2526 Feb 2, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
The Enfield Rifle is British.
...... Yes it is. A version is also made by Savage Arms out of Westfield Mass. We still have a Senator working really hard to help create the anti-gun platform from a state that had a manufacturing base and a big part was guns. We still have Bridgeport, Ct, home of the Bridgeport Milling machine. Now that City has crack. I'll post a link to an interview with his ex-partner about the 1/4 billion$$ in no-bid contracts he received. Lets see if the link can stay. You might have to even repair it if it does. A space will show up in spots so the rest has to be moved over.Free Republic
Browse · Search News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

----------

Skip to comments.

AG Power Grab: Out of control in Connecticut (by John Lott)
National Review Online ^| August 22, 2002 | John R. Lott

Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2002 2:21:38 PM by Washingtonian
CTM

United States

#2527 Feb 2, 2013
Let's see if it stays..http://www.freerepublic .com/focus/f-news/737662/posts

Location hidden

#2529 Feb 2, 2013
Maxamillion wrote:
I'd guess at least 99% of Chicagos murders.
You'd GUESS.

Thanks.

I'd guess that you like pretending all those anal probings you enjoy so come from extraterrestrials.

Thanks for sharing!

Southeast Virginia

#2531 Feb 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us the CITE where VPC states they believe the number of firearm deaths attributed to CCW holders total 84 a year.
Brave Men Don't Need Guns: post #828 in response to "Tony": http://www.topix.com/forum/guns/TKJ7VR542QA43...

So you are saying that criminals DON'T kill more people than licensed concealed carriers? I would be willing to bet my next year's salary that more people than that are killed by criminals every month in this country. So lets look at some statistics shall we.

Try these FACTS on for size.

According to the VPC (spit), there have been 391 people killed at the hands of concealed permit holders in the last 57 months ( http://www.vpc.org/ccwkillers.htm ). That gives us an average of 6.9 deaths per month. We'll round that to 7.(we will break down the accuracy of the VPC stats at a later date, but for this little experiment, we will use their number)

According to the census in 2010, the US population is 308,745,538 ( http://2010.census.gov/2010census/data/ ). And according to the FBI for 2010, the arrest rate for murder and nonnegligent manslaughter was 3.6/100,000 ( http://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releas ...). Subtracting the 7 deaths per month at the hands of CHP holders, that equates to approx. 919 deaths PER MONTH in the U.S. from those without a CHP.

7.....919......I think I will take my chances with the CHP holders.

Thanks for playing.

Southeast Virginia

#2532 Feb 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
They actually state that it is higher. I proved they are full of shit using their own numbers.

Southeast Virginia

#2533 Feb 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Garbage in, garbage out.
Happy to see the FBI or DoJ stat- with the link- to prove it.
Start with showing the database that tracks crimes committed by CCW holders.
I have no interest in your gun gnutter voodoo math.
Actually it was simple math using a Texas Instruments calculator. But I realize that may be a little over your head.
Maxamillion

Minneapolis, MN

#2534 Feb 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd GUESS.
Thanks.
I'd guess that you like pretending all those anal probings you enjoy so come from extraterrestrials.
Thanks for sharing!
OK I'd guess 100% of Chicago's murders were commited by criminals.

The killings that were justifiable were not commited by criminals.

So all Chicago murders were commited by criminals.

Location hidden

#2536 Feb 2, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
According to the VPC (spit), there have been 391 people killed at the hands of concealed permit holders
I guess you decided not to read the fine print again.

EG: "The Violence Policy Center’s Concealed Carry Killers database documents 370 incidents in 32 states."

It is not by any stretch of the imagination an inclusive list.

Happy to see PROOF and PROOF starts with a list of EVERY killing at the hands of CCW holder.

Location hidden

#2538 Feb 2, 2013
Maxamillion wrote:
<quoted text>
OK I'd guess 100% of Chicago's murders were commited by criminals.
We can be sure that 100 percent of what you come up with has been pulled from your azz.

Location hidden

#2539 Feb 2, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
They actually state that it is higher.
We have already proved you don't know how to read "cites", starting with building your calculations on assumptions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Watch: Bethel Fire Department Launches Video Ca... Jun 21 Mee 2
News Danbury Hospital Launches Outpatient Palliative... Jun 20 ELISE GINGERICH 1
News Bill Would Raise Penalties For Careless Drivers... Jun 16 ffctguitar 3
News Diners: You know them, they know you (Jan '09) Jun 16 hipchef99 15
News Barack Obama to go to Orlando to pay respects t... Jun 15 RalphB 10
News Public safety minister rejects call to change c... Jun 14 lotsa Reg Flag news 1
News Film gets 1st public Connecticut screening Jun 14 IMDb 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newtown Mortgages