Should people with Aspergers have to ...

Should people with Aspergers have to register/notify neighbors

Created by Scott Sloan on Dec 18, 2012

33 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes, I would like to be aware

No, it's none of your business

Possibly

This is outrageous

Remeron

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1 Dec 18, 2012
Sure how about this ?

We have to develope a plan to curtail the unacceptable freedoms bestowed upon these people by the Bill of Rights in the United States Constitution.

We should call for a National Mental Health Offender Registry, referred to from herein as the “MHOR“. The MHOR would be modeled upon the already existing National Sex Offender Registry, but it would not be limited to those who’ve been convicted of criminal offenses. A serious mental health offense exists by application of any diagnosis by some dumb *ss mental health clinician, school psychologist ect then anyone so diagnosed would be included in the registry and monitored for compliance with a psychiatric treatment regimen.

This is all about prevention!
Remeron

Saint Petersburg, FL

#2 Dec 18, 2012
We will register and track everyone who is diagnosed for treatment compliance, and the registry will be public, so we will all be able to identify the mentally ill in our neighborhoods, at work, school and in our social groups. This way we will know who to avoid while walking the dog, who should be laid off, and who should be suspended from classes BEFORE they do anything dangerous or crazy.

Prevention prevention prevention and good mental health for all !
wow

Camillus, NY

#4 Dec 18, 2012
Remeron wrote:
We will register and track everyone who is diagnosed for treatment compliance, and the registry will be public, so we will all be able to identify the mentally ill in our neighborhoods, at work, school and in our social groups. This way we will know who to avoid while walking the dog, who should be laid off, and who should be suspended from classes BEFORE they do anything dangerous or crazy.
Prevention prevention prevention and good mental health for all !
If you and your who re mother and you scum father aren't gutless coward scum, post your address so I can come knock the teeth out of that who re mother and scum father.
need pics

Paris, France

#7 Dec 18, 2012
Will pay.

Can you post pictures of the dead kids with their brains blown all over the classroom floor ?

Will you be auctioning off any of the dead kids cloths, books covered in blood, of body parts ?

Adam is a hero, reducing global warming by reducing the number of people, thanks Adam.
Remeron

Spring Hill, FL

#8 Dec 18, 2012
wow wrote:
<quoted text>If you and your who re mother and you scum father aren't gutless coward scum, post your address so I can come knock the teeth out of that who re mother and scum father.
I wrote all that with sarcasm to point out what a discusting idea that is. I should not have replyed to this thread.

Sorry bro.
JamaicaJoe

Cocoa Beach, FL

#9 Dec 19, 2012
Whoever started this survey should be required to notify his / her neighbors that a JERK lives nearby.
Wilma Fingerdu

Norristown, PA

#11 Dec 20, 2012
Remeron wrote:
Sure how about this ?
We have to develope a plan to curtail the unacceptable freedoms bestowed upon these people by the Bill of Rights in the United States Constitution.
We should call for a National Mental Health Offender Registry, referred to from herein as the “MHOR“. The MHOR would be modeled upon the already existing National Sex Offender Registry, but it would not be limited to those who’ve been convicted of criminal offenses. A serious mental health offense exists by application of any diagnosis by some dumb *ss mental health clinician, school psychologist ect then anyone so diagnosed would be included in the registry and monitored for compliance with a psychiatric treatment regimen.
This is all about prevention!
this would include you.. are you ready to take that first step? admitting your a dumbass is part of your healing process.
John Morrison

Worcester, MA

#12 Dec 22, 2012
the ideal of any kind of registery including today
sex effenders. is totaly insane and aginst the
double jeberty. when a person does there time in
prison or is released from a hospital or asylum.
they should be left alone and alawed to live in freedom. most poeple who have been invelved with the mental health system. just want to live an
uneventful or drama filled life. trule that there are
some agressive poeple out there. who want nouthing but trouble. but in most cases they will
be back inside soon
John Morrison

Worcester, MA

#13 Dec 22, 2012
in most cases its the ones that was never inside of
an asylum or hospital. that are out there. and then
there are these that go thru the general hospital
psychatrice system. usely short term treatment.
or extanded outpatient treatment. there are a lot
of poeple in this part of the system. in most cases
these poeple are trying to maintane to highest
operation level as posible. and maintane a normal
life as posible. it would be unfair to stigmatise
these poeple. cause then no one would want to
accept help when needed
John Morrison

Worcester, MA

#14 Dec 22, 2012
your ideal would interfear with poeples confindentality and there recovery path.it would
stop poeple from getting help in an emergency
chituation. cause there are times when poeple
would valuntarly enter a hospital for help. your
ideal would cause a lot of sufferin. cause no one
would get help on there own
John Morrison

Worcester, MA

#15 Dec 22, 2012
its unfair to compair all mental patients to the
handful of those that cause mayhem. there is a lot
of undiagnoised poeple out there. that may appear to be normal. maybe poeple you work
with. yes its ovise that adam lanza needed
treatment. maybe his mouther needed treatment
too. its a balancing act freedom and security.
maybe if life wasnt so complicated and exspancive
and so competive. there wouldnt be so mouch
insanity today. there is too mouch stress today
John Morrison

Worcester, MA

#16 Dec 22, 2012
im a retired factory worker with no children or wife. im glade that i naver had kids in this god
forsakin and unforgivin world of needin a
collage degree to have a good life. i know that
things are only gonna get mouch wurse then
today. us humens have overcomplicated things
here. and its drivin everybody crazy. we are putting too mouch pressure on our kids today.
we had it a lot easyer then the kids of today do
John Morrison

Worcester, MA

#17 Dec 22, 2012
and anouther thing our econimy has distroyed our
truditional family structure of the mouther staying
home to take care of the house and the children
. it is i beleave one of the biggest negitive impacts
on our sociaty today. the fact that both poeple
have to work to make ends meet. we need to bring
our truditional industral jobs back home and
uncomplicate our sociaty. cause we are. our own
wurst enermy. today life is too exspancive and too
complicated
NOTthechildren

Bryn Mawr, PA

#19 Dec 24, 2012
NO!

National Data Base is another data base to hacked and/or exploited by the government and/or who they eventually sell to.
anonymousnetruth teller

El Monte, CA

#20 Jan 6, 2013
Actually that would be a waste of time and money most aspergers people are peaceful
Remeron

Saint Petersburg, FL

#21 Jan 6, 2013
John Morrison wrote:
your ideal would interfear with poeples confindentality and there recovery path.it would
stop poeple from getting help in an emergency
chituation. cause there are times when poeple
would valuntarly enter a hospital for help. your
ideal would cause a lot of sufferin. cause no one
would get help on there own
The hospitals are already killing people cause they are ABUSIVE !

It is well documented that many people experience involuntary psychiatric treatment as an assault. Some describe it as similar to rape where the assault strikes to the core of your body, mind and soul. As with sexual assaults, our mental health system needs to respect the very basic human requirement at such times that &#8213;No means &#8213;No . It is also well documented that many suicidal people are struggling with complex personal histories of trauma. For these people, involuntary psychiatric treatment further traumatises them, often worsening or indeed sometimes triggering suicidal feelings. More generally, if we understand suicidality as a crisis of the self – i.e. rather than the consequence of some &#8213;mental illness&#8214; (see below)– then it simply does not make sense to further attack an already fragile sense of self. It is hard to imagine anything less helpful for the suicidal person than to be assaulted by those you seek help from at a time of such crisis.

So suicidal people avoid the hospital and carry it out.

http://www.communitylaw.org.au/mhlc/cb_pages/...
no more drugs

Edmonton, Canada

#22 Jan 9, 2013
For me, I would like to know what peole are taking mind altering drugs..

In my opinion the people with aspergers/depression/personali ty disorders arent worrisome.

Its those who take psychotropic medication...

Oh, and many (normal) people take it.. its given for insomnia, arthritis, sadness, high blood pressure, anxiety, rambuncious kids, stressed out mom, stressed out dad, chronic back pain, menopause, perimenopause, loss of a job, etc

Noone of those ailments fall under the category of mental illness....(its after taking the pills/or trying to stop them that appears to bring on mental illness..)
Pot Heads

Minneapolis, MN

#23 Jan 9, 2013
Would everyone in Colorado and Washington be on the registery?

After all they live in states with legal Pot sales.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 4 dead, 2 hurt 'mud-bogging' in Ga. (Dec '07) Mon Cletus Robinson 11
News Plan for Affordable Housing to Go Back to Oxfor... Aug 30 FWM 1
News Subway celebrates 50 years' of growth at tumult... Aug 28 Richard 5
News Recording studio sets up shop in Bethel Aug 26 Donald Trump 2
News New York man faces extradition to Connecticut (Jan '08) Aug 25 getreal81 3
News Police Seek Help Finding Easton Couple As Landf... Aug 25 American Gentlema... 1
News Son of missing couple reportedly surfaces Aug 24 American Gentlema... 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newtown Mortgages