Caraluzzis continue family tradition with third store opening i...

There are 44 comments on the NewsTimes.com story from Oct 29, 2008, titled Caraluzzis continue family tradition with third store opening i.... In it, NewsTimes.com reports that:

Continuing a family tradition nearly six decades in the making, the Caraluzzi family has opened their market, this one in Newtown.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsTimes.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Aug 08

Newtown

#4 Oct 29, 2008
After shopping at Caraluzzi's today, I found the prices were great - significantly lower than Big Y and Stop & Shop. I will continue to shop at Caraluzzi's until they disappoint me.
Family Owned

New Rochelle, NY

#5 Oct 29, 2008
Congratulations to the Caraluzzi's for keeping a family business in the family and continuously delivering a great product!
Love their stores

Brookfield, CT

#6 Oct 29, 2008
I love shopping in their stores. They offer good prices and a good selection. It's great to hear that a small local family owned and operated store is doing well in these tough times.
Clowns to the left

Jamaica Plain, MA

#7 Oct 29, 2008
What a joke. Caraluzzi's use other people's money to fund scholarships with their name on it, while at the same time using the event as a free advertisement to not only promote their liquor store but to sell the wine for the tasting.
LAIDOFF

Newtown, CT

#8 Oct 29, 2008
When I went to the store on a Friday afternoon, there were no less than 50 Middle School children runnuing around, playing tag, being loud and overall quite obnoxious. Now, why was there no attempt by store management to halt this behavior? Could it be they were fearful that mommy would not shop there if Junior and Little Muffy were scolded? Totally inappropriate behavior was rewarded by silence on the part of the management. Six Flags is in Massachusettts not Newtown.
Dr Deep

Sandy Hook, CT

#11 Oct 29, 2008
They need to kick the dirty indians out of the Redding Ridge Market.
Its a slap in the face to all Reddingites that they have to put up with nasty indians everyday. I just want a fresh coffee and a sandwich and not have to smell B.O
carl

New Milford, CT

#12 Oct 29, 2008
bitter prick. those little bastards probably spent a few hundred dollars on energy drinks, chips and candy. screw mommy and daddy those "obnoxious" kids are the future revenue source for that store. gotta look to the future sometimes....like finding a new job right?
Peggy

North Haven, CT

#14 Oct 29, 2008
No scum shop at Caraluzzis like they do at that disgusting CTown..
Stuck In Traffic

Middletown, CT

#15 Oct 29, 2008
Love their stores wrote:
I love shopping in their stores. They offer good prices and a good selection. It's great to hear that a small local family owned and operated store is doing well in these tough times.
This is not small Mom & Pop operation. That died nearly 30 years ago. This is a well oiled machine. Matt Caraluzzi is no idiot, he learned well from Tony Sr. All The Best!
The Hose

New Britain, CT

#17 Oct 29, 2008
Clowns to the left wrote:
What a joke. Caraluzzi's use other people's money to fund scholarships with their name on it, while at the same time using the event as a free advertisement to not only promote their liquor store but to sell the wine for the tasting.
Well, we see that you're bitter about everything, not just politics. Crab!
McCain

Exeter, NH

#27 Oct 29, 2008
Imagine how repulsed they feel when you come in.
Dr Deep wrote:
They need to kick the dirty indians out of the Redding Ridge Market.
Its a slap in the face to all Reddingites that they have to put up with nasty indians everyday. I just want a fresh coffee and a sandwich and not have to smell B.O
All Nice Stores

AOL

#30 Oct 29, 2008
Their Stores are Great.
They are Clean and the prices are cheaper than Big-Y and Stop & Shop
and much, much cleaner.
Keep up the good work and don't pay
any attention to the Negative Comments.
Some people will complain about anything.
dump

Amen, France

#31 Oct 29, 2008
bethel food is a dump. why doesnt the health inspector ever go in the back area of the store where customers don't see?
bethel food

Amen, France

#32 Oct 29, 2008
All Nice Stores wrote:
Their Stores are Great.
They are Clean and the prices are cheaper than Big-Y and Stop & Shop
and much, much cleaner.
Keep up the good work and don't pay
any attention to the Negative Comments.
Some people will complain about anything.
which caraluzzi is this?
BillyBob

AOL

#34 Oct 30, 2008
LAIDOFF wrote:
When I went to the store on a Friday afternoon, there were no less than 50 Middle School children runnuing around, playing tag, being loud and overall quite obnoxious. Now, why was there no attempt by store management to halt this behavior? Could it be they were fearful that mommy would not shop there if Junior and Little Muffy were scolded? Totally inappropriate behavior was rewarded by silence on the part of the management. Six Flags is in Massachusettts not Newtown.
I just hit them with my cart as they are running by me. Not a problem as they cry lying on the floor !!
ohno

Ridgefield, CT

#36 Oct 30, 2008
Caraluzzis love creating hardships for the little guy (liquor stores and markets and who knows what else!) and Taking business away from others such as Anconas located in georgetown/branchville which is a family owned business and it sure beats caraluzzis.in Georgetown. Well Caraluzzi decided to build their market right up the street from Anconas. WHY DO THAT! GREED and money. Huge liquor store in Bethel puts hardships on the little liquor stores. Plus their prices are way to high in there. So on and so on. Money Money Money for them. People come last! They think they can do what they want, wherever they want, without a care in the world to others.
close the book

United States

#37 Oct 30, 2008
I would like to shop more at Caraluzzi's..but mostly use the Wine-Liquor Store in Bethel..I purchased the best L.I Duckling from the Bethel Store..it was bigger and better tasting than the SuperMarket Chain..the Veggies are priced just right--and the store made Italian Sausage is also the best I have had..their Chicken has been lower priced when FRESH(last time I was there)..and the cashiers are nice..and they carry everything.

Since: Aug 08

Newtown

#38 Oct 30, 2008
ohno wrote:
Caraluzzis love creating hardships for the little guy (liquor stores and markets and who knows what else!) and Taking business away from others such as Anconas located in georgetown/branchville which is a family owned business and it sure beats caraluzzis.in Georgetown. Well Caraluzzi decided to build their market right up the street from Anconas. WHY DO THAT! GREED and money. Huge liquor store in Bethel puts hardships on the little liquor stores. Plus their prices are way to high in there. So on and so on. Money Money Money for them. People come last! They think they can do what they want, wherever they want, without a care in the world to others.
What kool-aid have you been drinking? When is business competition wrong? If Ancona's was losing business, then they need to make improvements to retain their customers. You must be one of those "spread the wealth around" communists we have been hearing about lately.
close the book

United States

#39 Oct 30, 2008
I used to shop Ancona's Market..I grew up in that Branchville neighborhood..Caraluzzi's is a better market..I have even been in the Ancona home in Ridgefield..they are a nice family..but business is a differant situation..Ancona's Market has a clutter that Caraluzzi's doesn't seem too have--when starting to learn cooking-I was a shopper in Branchville's Ancona' Market..it was a nice experiance(no problems at all)..but by comparison..well I have not seen inside Ancona's in about 20-years..but Caraluzzi's is very nice also..there is another store up on STONY HILL ROAD called CAPRI PIZZA..it also has a much nicer charm than any Pizza Chain Resturant..there are differances to be had.[end]
Dave

Burlington, VT

#42 Oct 30, 2008
ohno wrote:
Caraluzzis love creating hardships for the little guy (liquor stores and markets and who knows what else!) and Taking business away from others such as Anconas located in georgetown/branchville which is a family owned business and it sure beats caraluzzis.in Georgetown. Well Caraluzzi decided to build their market right up the street from Anconas. WHY DO THAT! GREED and money. Huge liquor store in Bethel puts hardships on the little liquor stores. Plus their prices are way to high in there. So on and so on. Money Money Money for them. People come last! They think they can do what they want, wherever they want, without a care in the world to others.
The liquor prices are among the highest around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teachers rally against standardized tests 52 min Phillys Faringdon 18
SBA = Stinky Black Animal 2 hr jiggers 4
News Memorial Day parades, services 15 hr BPT 8
News Baby boomers take on entrepreneurship May 23 American Gentlema... 1
News Warrant details police sergeant's steroid ring May 16 CTM 5
News Danbury man faces assault charges after ex-wife... (Feb '08) May 11 Whos in the no 196
News For some long-term unemployed, hope arises: A j... May 9 American Gentlema... 1
More from around the web

Newtown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]