Wal-Mart rations sale of ammunition

There are 40 comments on the KCCI-TV Des Moines story from Jan 31, 2013, titled Wal-Mart rations sale of ammunition. In it, KCCI-TV Des Moines reports that:

The nation's largest retailer is limiting ammunition sales at its stores across the country to three boxes per customer, per day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KCCI-TV Des Moines.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#21 Jan 31, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I used to reload so I have ammo cans full. I sold several guns so first I went to the range and shot up all the ammo for the guns I sold. I got a great new ,270 and a .223. I sold my o6. It wasn't accurate enough for me. I love my .308 and my 6.5x55 and 7x57. They all have great glass on them and are very accurate. I sold the most beautiful 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser that I bought it in the grease about 15 years ago, It was made in 1905 and I had a new perfect bayonet and frog. The dealers mouth was watering. They have shut down all those guns from Europe being sold here. Those were the days
I have a Krag in 6.5x55. I have to reload for it as the current factory loads are ALL loaded for Mauser actions. My Krag won't take those. Lovely Cartridge. Love it. I'd retire the Krag for a 6.5 in a Mauser but the prices have jumped thru the roof. I'll stick with what I have. Mine was made in 1915 and I've added micro-meter sights,fully adjustable. Several hundered yards body shots are not uncommon. 139 gr bullets give GREAT ballisitic co-effiency. Even down loaded to compensate for the weaker action. Its my favorite deer rifle. But of late the AR is looking good. With 75 gr Nosler Ballistic tips its pretty damn awsome. Great knockdown with little damage to meat areas. Not a nad varmint gun either with the right loads. Coyotes think they are safe after the first shot and slow down to an amble gait,thinking they are either out of range OR the shooter guesses why bother. NEVER give a coyote that second chance. If you do,he just gained a college education in,like,30 seconds. He WILL not forget. YOU won't get a second chance. Working a bolt,while time consuming,diminishes the time you have to have drop that yodel pup. Great on Ground Hogs too. No destroyed pasture or crops. Works for me......

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Dump American Eagle

#22 Jan 31, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Darn! What's a murderer to do?
Buy more ammo FOOL. THATS the liberal way..... STOCKPILE, Just like Loghner did.... Just like the movie shooter did.... Just like the ..... Oh never mind. Just load up like ALL the liberal shooters of late have done...... Libs hate guns because they are terrified of what THEY might do if not restrained by a Nanny Government to tell them what to do.... And they WILL obey. Because its the law. Right.....

Since: Jan 13

United States

#23 Jan 31, 2013
That's 21boxes a week. Not bad the libertards think it's hindering the firearm owners but it actually gives multiple people to have a chance of buying what they need. Spread the wealth. I know that I have buying some daily and will continue to.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#24 Jan 31, 2013
I bought a couple of boxes at a time through the years and put it away. It adds up to a good supply on hand so I am set. I knew this day was coming many years ago so made sure to be set. A gun without ammo is just another club to hit someone with.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#25 Jan 31, 2013
the right to bear arms is right.....to get bullets and magazines is not a Constituional right.
Ronald

Minneapolis, MN

#26 Jan 31, 2013
Then there's the possibility of droping ammo around the blue cities with no powder in the casings, only a primer and bullet.

A primer will propel the bullet into the barrel but not out of the barrel.

So the barrel is plugged and the next loaded round shot in the gun will blow it up, one gun out of circulation.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#27 Jan 31, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Buy more ammo FOOL. THATS the liberal way..... STOCKPILE, Just like Loghner did.... Just like the movie shooter did.... Just like the ..... Oh never mind. Just load up like ALL the liberal shooters of late have done...... Libs hate guns because they are terrified of what THEY might do if not restrained by a Nanny Government to tell them what to do.... And they WILL obey. Because its the law. Right.....
You have enough to worry about without my help, oki. Woo-hoo!
DENG

Nanjing, China

#28 Jan 31, 2013

REAL DEMOCRACIES, LIKE IN CHINA, DON'T NEED GUNS.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#29 Feb 1, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Another part of Obama's fairness plan..... Ammo,each according to his need,depending on supply. Like Obama,this too will pass.
seems more like Walmart's plan...what happened to first come first serve?

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Dump American Eagle

#30 Feb 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
seems more like Walmart's plan...what happened to first come first serve?
Oh,you can buy all you want. 3 boxes at a time. Just go to the end of the line and wait your turn.....

“Denny Crain”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#31 Feb 1, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>I have a Krag in 6.5x55. I have to reload for it as the current factory loads are ALL loaded for Mauser actions. My Krag won't take those. Lovely Cartridge. Love it. I'd retire the Krag for a 6.5 in a Mauser but the prices have jumped thru the roof. I'll stick with what I have. Mine was made in 1915 and I've added micro-meter sights,fully adjustable. Several hundered yards body shots are not uncommon. 139 gr bullets give GREAT ballisitic co-effiency. Even down loaded to compensate for the weaker action. Its my favorite deer rifle. But of late the AR is looking good. With 75 gr Nosler Ballistic tips its pretty damn awsome. Great knockdown with little damage to meat areas. Not a nad varmint gun either with the right loads. Coyotes think they are safe after the first shot and slow down to an amble gait,thinking they are either out of range OR the shooter guesses why bother. NEVER give a coyote that second chance. If you do,he just gained a college education in,like,30 seconds. He WILL not forget. YOU won't get a second chance. Working a bolt,while time consuming,diminishes the time you have to have drop that yodel pup. Great on Ground Hogs too. No destroyed pasture or crops. Works for me......
Long ago I bought 3 6.5x55 Swedish Mausers. I have sold the full military ones and kept my deer rifle. I made a mistake and put a Timney trigger on it when I should have stayed with the two stage military. Great deer gun and a pleasure to shoot. Why overgun and shoot things that hurt you. I like my .243 with 100 garin bullet for deer too

“Denny Crain”

Location hidden

#32 Feb 1, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
the right to bear arms is right.....to get bullets and magazines is not a Constituional right.
You are so wrong and the courts have ruled that way

“Denny Crain”

Location hidden

#33 Feb 1, 2013
Ronald wrote:
Then there's the possibility of droping ammo around the blue cities with no powder in the casings, only a primer and bullet.
So the barrel is plugged and the next loaded round shot in the gun will blow it up, one gun out of circulation.
I guess you have never heard of a cleaning rod
Ronald

Minneapolis, MN

#34 Feb 1, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you have never heard of a cleaning rod
Criminals won't figure it out, boom.
TwoCents

Valparaiso, IN

#35 Feb 5, 2013
Ronald wrote:
Really ? then how did Bruce Lee's son Brandon die ?
Besara

Des Moines, IA

#36 Feb 5, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Darn! What's a murderer to do?
You'll find a way.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#37 Feb 5, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Bass pro has a 10 box limit but the shelve are empty on so many calibers
Went to Bass Pro last weekend, and the only small caliber stuff they had left was .17HMR (plenty of it in stock), and .22LR snake shot (6 boxes). They did get a shipment in of .380ACP and .45ACP but it was going fast (Winchester).

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#38 Feb 5, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Went to Bass Pro last weekend, and the only small caliber stuff they had left was .17HMR (plenty of it in stock), and .22LR snake shot (6 boxes). They did get a shipment in of .380ACP and .45ACP but it was going fast (Winchester).
The closest Walmart to me got in THREE boxes of ammo today. 20 rds of .223, 20 rds of 7.62x39 & 50 rds of .38 special...... They have a list up of what they don't have which ranges from .22lr to .45ACP. They have some shotgun shells but those are mostly #8 shot. Ammo is a hard commodity to find now......

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#39 Feb 5, 2013
Have Seen It Before wrote:
<quoted text>The closest Walmart to me got in THREE boxes of ammo today. 20 rds of .223, 20 rds of 7.62x39 & 50 rds of .38 special...... They have a list up of what they don't have which ranges from .22lr to .45ACP. They have some shotgun shells but those are mostly #8 shot. Ammo is a hard commodity to find now......
I'm good on .380ACP for now, but I could definitely use more .22LR, 9mm and .45ACP. Think I might make a couple stops on the way home.
Ronald

Minneapolis, MN

#40 Feb 5, 2013
TwoCents wrote:
<quoted text>Really ? then how did Bruce
Lee's son Brandon die ?
Following documents it's not smart to shoot a gun with a bullet stuck in the barrel because they normally blow up.

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/archive/i...

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/defensive...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/archive/in...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

Lee was shot by a gun that had a bullet stuck in the barrel BUT the round shot from the gun was a blank. A blank has no bullet in it so Lee was shot by a gun loaded with a bullet in the barrel instead of the chamber. Of course the bullet would be propelled down the barrel like a normal bullet from a normal shell.

Very sad and rare occurance, only in Hollywierd would it occur. Guns used in moviemaking should have a special feature that prevents a bullet from exiting the barrel. That is what the Military does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Danbury man faces assault charges after ex-wife... (Feb '08) Aug 17 In the know 417
News Bridgeport incumbents battle for ballot spots Aug 10 James 1
Denise ison Aug 4 Just curious 1
Baseball Aug 2 CherylM 1
New Sandy Hook school. Jul 30 Sammy 1
News Barack Obama to go to Orlando to pay respects t... Jun '16 RalphB 10
News Public safety minister rejects call to change c... Jun '16 lotsa Reg Flag news 1

Newtown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newtown Mortgages