Fort Hood Hero Once Worked In Newton ...

Fort Hood Hero Once Worked In Newton Restaurant

There are 1 comment on the TV38 Boston story from Nov 7, 2009, titled Fort Hood Hero Once Worked In Newton Restaurant. In it, TV38 Boston reports that:

Share + Nov 7, 2009 5:58 pm US/Eastern NEWTON 1 of 1 Fort Hood police officer Kimberly Munley is seen this photo posted on Twitpic.com by user "hope2forget30" and dated July 4, 2009.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TV38 Boston.

areyoukidding

Nashville, TN

#1 Nov 17, 2009
Allow me to draw a cinematic analogy that I've used before but that fits so well. Near end of the great, elegiac lament to the passing of the old west, "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance," powerful U.S. Senator Ransom Stoddard, played by Jimmy Stewart, returns to his home town out west and confesses to the newspaper editor that his legendary reputation, his entire career, was based on a lie. Up until then, everyone believed that in his youth, Stoddard had shot and killed the notorious villain Liberty Valance (played by Lee Marvin). Now, at long last, Stoddard is coming clean, telling the world that Valance was really shot by a tough-as-nails rancher, played by the great John Wayne. The newspaper editor, having heard the entire story and believing every word of it, is not interested in publishing any of it.

"You're not going to use the story, Mr. Scott?" Stoddard asks incredulously.

The editor famously replies: "No, sir. This is the West, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend."

This is the Matriarchy, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/new_her...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newton-Upper-Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Newton-Upper-Falls, MA (Jan '12) Jan '12 Alissa 1
Debate: Iowa GOP Debate - Newton-Upper-Falls, MA (Aug '11) Dec '11 Nicholas Scala 2
wow. (May '10) May '10 the queen 1
Review: Incredible Tan (Feb '09) Feb '09 Nina 1

Newton-Upper-Falls Jobs

Personal Finance

Newton-Upper-Falls Mortgages