frugalmom

Asheville, NC

#1 Mar 19, 2009
does anyone know where I can find fels naptha bar soap in this area? I'm going to make my own laundry soap.
jojo

Clayton, NC

#2 Mar 22, 2009
I looked all over for it and finally ordered it off line. I make my own laundry soap also. someone told me ace hardware would order it for you too.

“Thug-Jitsu Expert ”

Since: Sep 08

Newton NC

#3 Mar 22, 2009
During the 1920s and 1930s, Fels Naptha was often said to be the preferred soap for washing a child's mouth out who had used bad language. Numerous people from this era attest to having been disciplined in this way. The size of the bar made the discipline all the more dramatic lol...With that being said , With a little research I found that you'll Just about have to buy it online..Unless you get lucky and find it local ,Then it will be three times the price probably

http://www.soapsgonebuy.com/ProductDetails.as...

http://www.amazon.com/Dial-04303-5-5oz-Fels-N...

http://doitbest.com/Laundry+Soap+and+Spot+Rem...
frugalmom

Lincolnton, NC

#4 Apr 1, 2009
I finally found it in stock at a store in Hickory Ace Hardware 2310 N Center St. right beside Planet Fitness on 127----the manager said they have carried it for years----I was just getting ready to order it on line---he said it was $1.29 a bar

“Thug-Jitsu Expert ”

Since: Sep 08

Newton NC

#5 May 14, 2009
Gotta say , Ive tried this and was skeptical. Its So good that I have quit buying Laundry soap from the store period. Everyone needs to try this. Its So cheap per load its unbelievable. It works Way better than Store bought.
debitoot

Junction City, KS

#6 Jan 14, 2010
I had a heckuva time finding Fels-Naptha, too, but finally did, at my local supermarket. Wally World didn't have it, neither did K-Mart or Target. But all the Dillons and Kroger grocery stores in my area carry it - for a mere $1.29 a bar. If you don't have a Dillons or Kroger, I'd recommend checking out whatever grocery stores you do have. I've had great luck for many years with getting grocers to order items that the discount stores would not even consider ordering for customers.

(Also, if you do buy Fels-Naptha from Ace Hardware, and/or order it online from Ace, you won't have to pay shipping if you have them just send it to the store. I don't even know if Ace Hardware carries this stuff,[someone who posted on here thought they did], but I do know I've ordered things from Ace online and picked the items up at the store, so I would have zero shipping charges).

LOVE the Fels-Naptha stuff. I originally made my own detergent with this, to save money...I am now so hooked on Fels Naptha (the scent as well as the cleanliness), that I wouldn't use anything else!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why men don't have to pay child support anymore... 13 hr ZYX765 1
Democrat Judge Robert A. Mullinax, Jr. is Fair-... (Oct '10) Thu test 12
News Tru-D SmartUVC Deployed at Frye Regional Medica... Sep 27 Former patient 1
Complete Laser Clinic Reviews? (Sep '12) Sep 27 Carolinaskies 135
Any one else hear about Jeremy Sextons gay affair? Sep 26 Gives good head 8
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in North Caro... (Oct '10) Sep 23 asdf 32
outlaws mc, hickory, nc (Aug '11) Sep 22 wade_wisrman 98

Newton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newton Mortgages