No charges in Broughton Hospital pati...

No charges in Broughton Hospital patient's death

There are 1455 comments on the Charlotte.com story from Oct 14, 2007, titled No charges in Broughton Hospital patient's death. In it, Charlotte.com reports that:

“And everyone should have access to health care.”

No criminal action will be taken in the February death of a Broughton Hospital patient who died of asphyxia after a staff member sat on his torso.The death of 27-year-old Anthony Lowery, a patient at the mental health hospital in Morganton, was one of the incidents that led the federal government to stop Medicaid and Medicare payments in August.

On Monday, the district attorney's office that serves Burke, Caldwell and Catawba counties said in a letter to the State Bureau of Investigation that it will not charge the staff member who restrained Lowery in the death. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charlotte.com.

Lester

Smithfield, NC

#1165 Oct 3, 2013
Dede candy wrote:
<quoted text>help stop the abuse of mental pts at broughton hospital
Help the untreated receive the help they need DEDECANDYDEBBIEKAY beginning with you.You should sign up for obamacare and then you would have insurance to get the help you need.

Since: Jul 13

Charlotte, NC

#1166 Oct 7, 2013
Lester wrote:
<quoted text>
Help the untreated receive the help they need DEDECANDYDEBBIEKAY beginning with you.You should sign up for obamacare and then you would have insurance to get the help you need.
i already have healt insurance,but you can sign up for it if you want,so you can get the care you need,Lester good luck
marshville sweetheart

Waxhaw, NC

#1167 Oct 11, 2013
I was sent there not by choice but bc neurologist had me on way to much neurotin and i was hallucinating and no other hospital had room, when i detoxed off it i thought i was in hell. It has scared me bc these people cant function in society ever. I have so much sympathy for them and glad they have a place free of charge to go.

Since: Jul 13

Charlotte, NC

#1168 Oct 11, 2013
marshville sweetheart wrote:
I was sent there not by choice but bc neurologist had me on way to much neurotin and i was hallucinating and no other hospital had room, when i detoxed off it i thought i was in hell. It has scared me bc these people cant function in society ever. I have so much sympathy for them and glad they have a place free of charge to go.
you must still be hallucinating,because they do charge you dear,they also took over 800.$out of my husbands taxes,that is a fact!Im really sry for your pain
Floyd

Smithfield, NC

#1169 Oct 13, 2013
Dede candy wrote:
<quoted text>you must still be hallucinating,because they do charge you dear,they also took over 800.$out of my husbands taxes,that is a fact!Im really sry for your pain
Oh here we go again. Next DebbieKayDeDecandy is going to start that bull crap about the HUGE bill she received for her daughter being in Broughton. Then she is gonna swear she posted a picture on here of the bill. Do NOT waste your time looking for it because there will be NO picture of the bill because there ISNT ANY BILL!!!!!!!!!

Since: Jul 13

Charlotte, NC

#1170 Oct 13, 2013
Floyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh here we go again. Next DebbieKayDeDecandy is going to start that bull crap about the HUGE bill she received for her daughter being in Broughton. Then she is gonna swear she posted a picture on here of the bill. Do NOT waste your time looking for it because there will be NO picture of the bill because there ISNT ANY BILL!!!!!!!!!
what ever wait till it happens to you mister know nothing!
Floyd

Smithfield, NC

#1171 Oct 14, 2013
Dede candy wrote:
<quoted text> what ever wait till it happens to you mister know nothing!
Want everyone to believe you? POST PROOF!
Floyd

Smithfield, NC

#1172 Oct 14, 2013
Dede candy wrote:
<quoted text>i can post anytime I want to.just as all of you do
Yes dear, we know.. But we ALSO know you suffer from attention seeking behavior. Thats the difference. See, we can go away and not posts for weeks at a time but you my dear, can not go for even a day without adding to your twisted story. That is the difference.

Since: Jul 13

Charlotte, NC

#1173 Oct 14, 2013
Floyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes dear, we know.. But we ALSO know you suffer from attention seeking behavior. Thats the difference. See, we can go away and not posts for weeks at a time but you my dear, can not go for even a day without adding to your twisted story. That is the difference.
yes I have gone a long time wo replying before.i do not have this made up thing attention seeking behavior ,thing ever one is talking bout,I just want this people at broughton hospital to stop abusing the pts there,that's all

Since: Jul 13

Charlotte, NC

#1174 Oct 14, 2013
Dede candy wrote:
<quoted text> what ever wait till it happens to you mister know nothing!
the bill is 10300 to be exact
Floyd

Smithfield, NC

#1175 Oct 14, 2013
Dede candy wrote:
<quoted text>the bill is 10300 to be exact
'

Yes, attention seeking behavior is a ILLNESS that you have EVERY symptom listed! And as for the bill, no one believes that either.. And no you can not stay away because you are dealing with this illness,untreated.If you would get the treatment, they you could stay away but you,like most mentally ill persons, do not think there is anything wrong with you. But everyone you encounter in life KNOWS you are spinning yarns because of the attention you receive for it. That is why,you my dear,can not stay away from these forums because you receive the attention you think you deserve from these sites. If you really dont believe you have this illness, prove it. Stay away for a week. You CAN NOT do it. You think you HAVE to have attention. In your mind, it is all about you! You cant stay away to prove you do not have this illness no more than you can post a picture of this bill you think you received. It dont exist. But your mental illness does.

Since: Jul 13

Charlotte, NC

#1176 Oct 14, 2013
Floyd wrote:
<quoted text>'
Yes, attention seeking behavior is a ILLNESS that you have EVERY symptom listed! And as for the bill, no one believes that either.. And no you can not stay away because you are dealing with this illness,untreated.If you would get the treatment, they you could stay away but you,like most mentally ill persons, do not think there is anything wrong with you. But everyone you encounter in life KNOWS you are spinning yarns because of the attention you receive for it. That is why,you my dear,can not stay away from these forums because you receive the attention you think you deserve from these sites. If you really dont believe you have this illness, prove it. Stay away for a week. You CAN NOT do it. You think you HAVE to have attention. In your mind, it is all about you! You cant stay away to prove you do not have this illness no more than you can post a picture of this bill you think you received. It dont exist. But your mental illness does.
I only response to these of you who response to me,so there fore I'm replying back so does that mean you all have this so called disorder?now far as the bill yes it was 10300$ for 2 weeks.That a fact.I was shocked to get the outrage bill.Beleive me or not does not matter it's the truth,Yhat was for my teen daughter,who the behavior center in Charlotte cn sent her against my will,they didnt have any beds available here,so they sent her there .because she was saying she wanted to kill her self.Now while she was there staff member threw her on the bed because she wouldn't go to bed because she also has a sleep disorder .she is just a troubled teen,and is home with me now

Since: Jul 13

Charlotte, NC

#1177 Oct 14, 2013
Floyd wrote:
<quoted text>'
Yes, attention seeking behavior is a ILLNESS that you have EVERY symptom listed! And as for the bill, no one believes that either.. And no you can not stay away because you are dealing with this illness,untreated.If you would get the treatment, they you could stay away but you,like most mentally ill persons, do not think there is anything wrong with you. But everyone you encounter in life KNOWS you are spinning yarns because of the attention you receive for it. That is why,you my dear,can not stay away from these forums because you receive the attention you think you deserve from these sites. If you really dont believe you have this illness, prove it. Stay away for a week. You CAN NOT do it. You think you HAVE to have attention. In your mind, it is all about you! You cant stay away to prove you do not have this illness no more than you can post a picture of this bill you think you received. It dont exist. But your mental illness does.
As far as my brother goes ever word I have said bout him is the truth!
Floyd

Smithfield, NC

#1178 Oct 15, 2013
Dede candy wrote:
<quoted text>As far as my brother goes ever word I have said bout him is the truth!
In your delusional mind only.

Since: Jul 13

Charlotte, NC

#1179 Oct 16, 2013
Floyd wrote:
<quoted text>
In your delusional mind only.
you
Mary

Smithfield, NC

#1180 Oct 16, 2013
I agree with other posters. Dede Candy has some mental problems. What I cant understand,she says she has insurance, why will she not get the help she needs??? Why suffer and make her family suffer when there is help for her????I feel sorry for whoever has to deal with her in real life. It must be very stressful for them.

Since: Jul 13

Charlotte, NC

#1181 Oct 16, 2013
Mary wrote:
I agree with other posters. Dede Candy has some mental problems. What I cant understand,she says she has insurance, why will she not get the help she needs??? Why suffer and make her family suffer when there is help for her????I feel sorry for whoever has to deal with her in real life. It must be very stressful for them.
Really you all are really terrible people ,you all don't know me!For you all to make all these slanders remarks about me is just awful ,For one thing this is suppose to be about my brother,and the pain and suffering he went threw while in the care of broughton hospital ,not about me and the dum hurtful remarks you all have said about me!you all are the ones who put the attention on me.all I want is the attendtion to be put where it belongs.On the mental Heath pts in Broughton hospital ,and anywhere else people are being abused.see that is what people there do not in the drug rehab place because they know these people will sober up and get clean and the truth will be known.People will beleive them,these people think no one will beleive the mentally ill ,hey I'm here to tell you people have break downs,they can recover and live normal life's ,the mentally ill know if they are being abused.someone someday is going to take a stand and fight for there rights as human beings!The mentally ill didnt ask to be sick just as when our body's get sick we don't ask for that,it takes time but with the proper love care UNDERSTANDING,they will get well least some of them will,far as abandon our love ones we are not professional ,that is why we intrust our love ones to these who are!then when this happens what happen to my brother ,who are we suppose to trust?
lorri

Smithfield, NC

#1182 Oct 17, 2013
Dede candy wrote:
<quoted text>Really you all are really terrible people ,you all don't know me!For you all to make all these slanders remarks about me is just awful ,For one thing this is suppose to be about my brother,and the pain and suffering he went threw while in the care of broughton hospital ,not about me and the dum hurtful remarks you all have said about me!you all are the ones who put the attention on me.all I want is the attendtion to be put where it belongs.On the mental Heath pts in Broughton hospital ,and anywhere else people are being abused.see that is what people there do not in the drug rehab place because they know these people will sober up and get clean and the truth will be known.People will beleive them,these people think no one will beleive the mentally ill ,hey I'm here to tell you people have break downs,they can recover and live normal life's ,the mentally ill know if they are being abused.someone someday is going to take a stand and fight for there rights as human beings!The mentally ill didnt ask to be sick just as when our body's get sick we don't ask for that,it takes time but with the proper love care UNDERSTANDING,they will get well least some of them will,far as abandon our love ones we are not professional ,that is why we intrust our love ones to these who are!then when this happens what happen to my brother ,who are we suppose to trust?
yes it is suppose to be about your brother but you have changed the story so many times and made it all about you. You have some pretty serious problems and you do need to seek treatment. People have tried to help you on here and as most mentally ill people, you deny you have a problem. so many posters have told you you need help and you deny it..

Since: Jul 13

Charlotte, NC

#1183 Oct 17, 2013
lorri wrote:
<quoted text>
yes it is suppose to be about your brother but you have changed the story so many times and made it all about you. You have some pretty serious problems and you do need to seek treatment. People have tried to help you on here and as most mentally ill people, you deny you have a problem. so many posters have told you you need help and you deny it..
no you all have made it about me.
Mary

Smithfield, NC

#1184 Oct 18, 2013
Dede candy wrote:
<quoted text>Really you all are really terrible people ,you all don't know me!For you all to make all these slanders remarks about me is just awful ,For one thing this is suppose to be about my brother,and the pain and suffering he went threw while in the care of broughton hospital ,not about me and the dum hurtful remarks you all have said about me!you all are the ones who put the attention on me.all I want is the attendtion to be put where it belongs.On the mental Heath pts in Broughton hospital ,and anywhere else people are being abused.see that is what people there do not in the drug rehab place because they know these people will sober up and get clean and the truth will be known.People will beleive them,these people think no one will beleive the mentally ill ,hey I'm here to tell you people have break downs,they can recover and live normal life's ,the mentally ill know if they are being abused.someone someday is going to take a stand and fight for there rights as human beings!The mentally ill didnt ask to be sick just as when our body's get sick we don't ask for that,it takes time but with the proper love care UNDERSTANDING,they will get well least some of them will,far as abandon our love ones we are not professional ,that is why we intrust our love ones to these who are!then when this happens what happen to my brother ,who are we suppose to trust?
Debbiededecandykay, After reading your twisting story, it is very clear you are only seeking attention. AKA Drama Queen. When proven that the story to are telling could not possibly be true, you change it.. Attention seeking behavior..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New to town Aug 30 State of Florida 2
charter: most dishonest, dumbest of all companies Aug 28 I HATE CHARTER 1
Any reviews of Convergys? Job Wise? (Jan '09) Aug 26 PHFUCKCONVERGYS 201
woodmill winery (Sep '09) Aug 23 JBaldwin 33
Horrible brown water Aug 23 Light-em_up-4_fun 3
black guy near outlaw mc.. biker? (Apr '13) Aug 22 BIG OPE 32
Useless parasite in shady valley Aug 22 Light-em_up-4_fun 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newton Mortgages