Peak Motors on hwy 321

Peak Motors on hwy 321

Posted in the Newton Forum

jim

Asheville, NC

#2 Sep 3, 2013
anytime you buy from one of these people take the car to a mechanic before you buy. If they refuse walk away. My daughter went there. They allowed us to take to a mechanic and when we went back with a list of issues they did not care. They would not neg on the price so we walked. and never went back. They seem to have good looking cars but under the hood nothing but issues.
american

Statesville, NC

#3 Sep 6, 2013
i have heard nothing but good about them, there is always some assumed risk with a used car , if you don,t want that risk exposure take out a second mortgage and buy a new car
Bad economy

Hickory, NC

#4 Oct 3, 2013
Oh yea just go get another mortgage with the economy already bad. I say if your spending 8,000 on a car it shouldnt have problems the first week and you tell them about it and they put it in the garage and the problem still dont get fixed. I have heard nothing but bad things about this place and that is the problem my daughter had with her car. Have you bought a car there mr american....dont just speak on hear say. you know its crappy when you only get a 300 mile warranty, where else do they do that at?
tim

North Wilkesboro, NC

#5 Oct 4, 2013
i used to work at a shop that did work for these guys. they always kept us busy fixing their cars. however this was close to 8 years ago so the place could have went downhill since. that's always the problem with used cars. they're hit & miss. one could buy a used car & have no problems for years & another could buy a car & have problems right away. did you go back to them with the problem? how did they handle it?
bad economy

Hickory, NC

#6 Oct 10, 2013
My daughter called and took car back up there and the problem didn't get fixed so by that time her 300 mile warranty was up so she didn't bother cause she would have went the hell off on them
american

Greenville, NC

#7 Oct 12, 2013
bad economy wrote:
My daughter called and took car back up there and the problem didn't get fixed so by that time her 300 mile warranty was up so she didn't bother cause she would have went the hell off on them
The problem with topix is you never know if the complaint you are reading about comes from a customer or a competitor of the business they are truly or falsely complaining about
concerned citizen

Simpsonville, SC

#8 Oct 18, 2013
bad economy wrote:
they fixed my car even after the warranty ran out, but I've paid perfect and been nothing but nice to them so they took care of me. We even came back for my wife's new car. They have good prices, carfaxs free, a warranty instead of selling them all as is.

I think some people on here got repossessed and have bad feelings since. I financed thru my finance company and had the vehicle checked out by my mechanic, which they were ok with. I have nothing but good things to say. If your car broke down blame your mechanic that you paid to check it over.
I was nice to them so they had no problem helping me out, but they are used cars. So have them checked by Real mechanics.
concerned citizen

Simpsonville, SC

#9 Oct 18, 2013
Bad economy wrote:
Oh yea just go get another mortgage with the economy already bad. I say if your spending 8,000 on a car it shouldnt have problems the first week and you tell them about it and they put it in the garage and the problem still dont get fixed. I have heard nothing but bad things about this place and that is the problem my daughter had with her car. Have you bought a car there mr american....dont just speak on hear say. you know its crappy when you only get a 300 mile warranty, where else do they do that at?
i was happy with my warranty, every where else we went did no warranty. Did you have the car checked out before you bought it?
TIM

Lenoir, NC

#10 Oct 21, 2013
tim wrote:
i used to work at a shop that did work for these guys. they always kept us busy fixing their cars. however this was close to 8 years ago so the place could have went downhill since. that's always the problem with used cars. they're hit & miss. one could buy a used car & have no problems for years & another could buy a car & have problems right away. did you go back to them with the problem? how did they handle it?
Where did you used to work Tim?
TIM

Calhoun, TN

#11 Oct 23, 2013
Bad economy wrote:
MOST PLACES SELL AS IS . 300 MILES IS GOOD BECAUSE THEY INCLUDE IT IN WITH THE PRICE ON MOST CARS.
tim

Easley, SC

#12 Nov 1, 2013
worked at grease monkey
fair chance

Readyville, TN

#13 Sep 2, 2014
I think they are the best in town. EveRy time u buy anything u should get it checked out. Duh, they have good prices and they are good people. I have bought 3. And I'm looking at another one there. Take every car u look at buying to your shop, regardless where you are shopping. That's common sense. They sell warranties and even got me and my wife fiNanced through an awesome credit union.
Debbie

Norcross, GA

#14 Oct 8, 2014
tim wrote:
worked at grease monkey
that explains it, grease monkey, I'm sure they have skilled technicians working there, not!
Monkeybusiness

Pittsburgh, PA

#15 Oct 8, 2014
Debbie wrote:
<quoted text>that explains it, grease monkey, I'm sure they have skilled technicians working there, not!
Tim was saying he knows Peak Motors brought vehicles in for service and repairs, in an effort to sell a decent car, but that it's been a while since he worked there, so he's supposing that things may have changed and the people running Peak Motors now aren't as conscientious. How does that make him worthy of a witchy remark from you?....unless you bought a car from Peak Motors and it broke down, even though you took it to Grease Monkey for an inspection before the purchase. How are your actions Tim's fault? Haters gonna hate.
Joseph Carol

Lenoir, NC

#16 Feb 17, 2015
peak motors has been good to me ive bought 8 cars and we are waiting to get another one when we get our taxes back soon ive sold the cars and made money each time
i wont go anywhere else
to each his own
Timothy drake
#17 Apr 21, 2016
I bought A 3 year warranty on my truck, the finance manager there that be set up with a Credit Union debt help my credit a bunch. Every other car lot told me I have bad credit and there was nothing they could do for me. But at least Peak Motors was honest work with me and got me a great deal I won't go anywhere else

Since: May 15

Location hidden

#18 Jun 9, 2016
Debbie wrote:
<quoted text>that explains it, grease monkey, I'm sure they have skilled technicians working there, not!
skilled enough that i left there for a much better higher paying technician job.
Momma

United States

#19 Oct 21, 2016
Well I just bought my granddaughter a car n 3 days later the check engine light came on. I took it back and they fixed it.. replaced the O,2 sensor ...now another 3 days n the light is on again. Will talk to my rep there and hopefully we will get the car fixed. I runs great, so I'm not gonna bad mouth them.....yet..I just want the light off.
!
mechanic on the side

Lenoir, NC

#20 Nov 21, 2016
What kind of car did you buy for your granddaughter?
mechanic on the side

Lenoir, NC

#21 Nov 21, 2016
Momma wrote:
Well I just bought my granddaughter a car n 3 days later the check engine light came on. I took it back and they fixed it.. replaced the O,2 sensor ...now another 3 days n the light is on again. Will talk to my rep there and hopefully we will get the car fixed. I runs great, so I'm not gonna bad mouth them.....yet..I just want the light off.
!
What kind of car did you buy for your granddaughter?
Maybe I can help!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sheriff Election part 2 6 hr TheStraightUpHonest 24
best restaurants for breakfast 7 hr 6hr free parking 178
Derek Reed 13 hr Itsnice 17
kalyn kiziah 21 hr britt 4
Mr. Tire vs. Clark Tire Sat Rufus the sock mo... 8
New police cars with a thousand horse power engine Fri Will 2
Bmw plant coming to hickory Fri Max 1

Newton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance