KFC. (Kentucky Fried Crap)

KFC. (Kentucky Fried Crap)

Posted in the Newton Forum

aln

Greenville, SC

#1 Aug 18, 2008
I recently went to the "new" KFC in Lincolnton and was APPALLED. I got the buffet (which I should have looked at first, but sadly did not). It was $9.00 - and the price was NOT on the menu board. The sides were AWFUL: yams, spinach, pinto beans, cold green beans, stuffing, mash potatoes and yellow rice. NO Corn or macaroni even though they offer them as sides for a meal-deal. They also gave us Styrofoam plates each time- which is Horrible for the environment.

Basically we now know why everyone in Lincoln County would rather wait in line for 45 mins at Bojangles...

Make sure to please pass the word... KFC STINKS!!! New management please!!!
KFC lover

Clarksville, TN

#2 Nov 28, 2008
aln wrote:
I recently went to the "new" KFC in Lincolnton and was APPALLED. I got the buffet (which I should have looked at first, but sadly did not). It was $9.00 - and the price was NOT on the menu board. The sides were AWFUL: yams, spinach, pinto beans, cold green beans, stuffing, mash potatoes and yellow rice. NO Corn or macaroni even though they offer them as sides for a meal-deal. They also gave us Styrofoam plates each time- which is Horrible for the environment.
Basically we now know why everyone in Lincoln County would rather wait in line for 45 mins at Bojangles...
Make sure to please pass the word... KFC STINKS!!! New management please!!!
I truely beg to differ, everyone can have an off day as I'm sure happened at KFC. My family and myself eat at KFC at least once per week as well as a number of friends and am completely happy with the offerings. Bo's on the other hand can only be tolerated in small doses with the extreamly greasy and brittle hard fried chicken. please try KFC again.

Since: Oct 08

BFE

#4 Nov 30, 2008
Aln, I agree with you 100% KFC is Kentucky Fried Crap! I haven't tried the one in Lincolnton but I do or have frequented the one is Denver. Talk about OFF days, apparently that is all they have! You go through the drive-thru you BETTER make sure your order is right because 1/2 the time it isn't or you receive someone Else's order or they forget to put in a meal or something. The last few times I got KFC I was sick as a dog! I haven't ate there since. As far as the buffet I would have looked at it before you paid for it. Bojangles is So much better regardless of it's grease (just gives it more flavor) what I don't understand is how come there was never a line at Bo's before they moved up the street?
billy

Auburn, AL

#5 Dec 3, 2008
Former Yankee 516 wrote:
Aln, I agree with you 100% KFC is Kentucky Fried Crap! I haven't tried the one in Lincolnton but I do or have frequented the one is Denver. Talk about OFF days, apparently that is all they have! You go through the drive-thru you BETTER make sure your order is right because 1/2 the time it isn't or you receive someone Else's order or they forget to put in a meal or something. The last few times I got KFC I was sick as a dog! I haven't ate there since. As far as the buffet I would have looked at it before you paid for it. Bojangles is So much better regardless of it's grease (just gives it more flavor) what I don't understand is how come there was never a line at Bo's before they moved up the street?
no such thing as a (former) yankee

BFE

#6 Dec 3, 2008
Then you can call me Yankee!

“NY to NC”

Since: Jun 08

Finger Lakes region NY

#7 Dec 3, 2008
I took my elderly mother to the Lincolnton KFC- it was filthy inside and out, the $9 buffet was cold and sparse. There were only 2 other tables occupied, yet I had to wipe down one myself because they were all so nasty. BTW- the Senior Citizen discount on that buffet? 50 cents. I won't go back there.
billy

Auburn, AL

#8 Dec 3, 2008
quit bitching or go back to n.y.

I once heard the best favor one southerner could do for another was to put a yankee on a bus.
Another Yankee

Shelby, NC

#9 Dec 3, 2008
Billy must like it nasty, and by the way, we won the war. We'll go where we want, when we want. It would take 2 Southerner's to afford the bus ticket.

“NY to NC”

Finger Lakes region NY

#10 Dec 3, 2008
billy- You really shouldn't get so upset- our standards are just apparently a bit higher than you're used to. I have absolutely no problem if you enjoy the atmosphere and prices at KFC; I was just stating my personal experience there.
Have a great day :D
billy

Auburn, AL

#11 Dec 3, 2008
NYtoNC wrote:
billy- You really shouldn't get so upset- our standards are just apparently a bit higher than you're used to. I have absolutely no problem if you enjoy the atmosphere and prices at KFC; I was just stating my personal experience there.
Have a great day :D
I was not the one bitching about the price and our standards are much higher here. as far as takeing two of us to buy a bus ticket? why are you here?? we have 14 New yorkers fresh off the buss, just come begging for jobs. nothing available in your great state. by the way,that bus goes both ways. want a return ticket?

BFE

#12 Dec 3, 2008
Billy, This isn't a bash yankee site, you can go to Craiglist Rant and Rave section for that! This site is about KFC If you cannot add anything about KFC go to another post. BTW Here is a dictionary term for former:
for⋅mer1   /ˈf&#5 96;rmər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [fawr-mer] Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1. preceding in time; prior or earlier: during a former stage in the proceedings.
2. past, long past, or ancient: in former times.
3. preceding in order; being the first of two: Our former manufacturing process was too costly.
4. being the first mentioned of two (distinguished from latter ): The former suggestion was preferred to the latter.
5. having once, or previously, been; erstwhile: a former president.
And you wonder why employers want us Yankees in the workplace? Hmmmm...
billy

United States

#14 Dec 4, 2008
Former Yankee 516 wrote:
Billy, This isn't a bash yankee site, you can go to Craiglist Rant and Rave section for that! This site is about KFC If you cannot add anything about KFC go to another post. BTW Here is a dictionary term for former:
for⋅mer1   /ˈf&#5 96;rmər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [fawr-mer] Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1. preceding in time; prior or earlier: during a former stage in the proceedings.
2. past, long past, or ancient: in former times.
3. preceding in order; being the first of two: Our former manufacturing process was too costly.
4. being the first mentioned of two (distinguished from latter ): The former suggestion was preferred to the latter.
5. having once, or previously, been; erstwhile: a former president.
And you wonder why employers want us Yankees in the workplace? Hmmmm...
I don't know that you people are wanted in our workplaces, what i do know is that yankees beg very well for jobs and they work for nothing. I have 14 under me that i abuse every day. once again, if all you have is to complain about the south, go home yankee. It goes like this, once a yankee always a yankee. you can take the yankee out of new york, but you can not take new york out of the yankee. Thus no such thing a former. Once, Always, Forever.

BFE

#15 Dec 4, 2008
I'm not a yankee from NY, don't make that assumption that we all are. Don't worry you little redneck heart Billy. I do plan on moving back to the North in Feb. I've had enough of all you rednecks and your backwoods thinking!

“NY to NC”

Finger Lakes region NY

#16 Dec 4, 2008
LOL- seems I've acquired my very own stalker... someone found the need to look up and comment on a bunch of my old posts.
Yes, I'm from NY- upstate- FingerLakes- wine country- hills and lakes, absolutely beautiful country- very much like here in NC. Just for the record, I moved here because my entire family has moved to Lincoln County over the past dozen years. In spite of the *very few* small minded hate-filled people (who are still angry they lost the war) that may be {lurking} here... I love Lincoln County. I have met a lot of wonderful people from all walks of life, who are either natives or made the choice to settle down here. I won't be going anywhere any time soon.
Especially not to KFC.
billy

Auburn, AL

#17 Dec 4, 2008
NYtoNC wrote:
LOL- seems I've acquired my very own stalker... someone found the need to look up and comment on a bunch of my old posts.
Yes, I'm from NY- upstate- FingerLakes- wine country- hills and lakes, absolutely beautiful country- very much like here in NC. Just for the record, I moved here because my entire family has moved to Lincoln County over the past dozen years. In spite of the *very few* small minded hate-filled people (who are still angry they lost the war) that may be {lurking} here... I love Lincoln County. I have met a lot of wonderful people from all walks of life, who are either natives or made the choice to settle down here. I won't be going anywhere any time soon.
Especially not to KFC.
Dearest NY. I have only been ribbing you about being a yankee. some of my dearest friends are from up north. I've only been trying to get you to argue with me about any and everything. please stay in old NC and continue to state your mind. No stalker. I promise.
Fred

Ballarat, Australia

#20 Mar 31, 2013
KFC lover wrote:
<quoted text>I truely beg to differ, everyone can have an off day as I'm sure happened at KFC. My family and myself eat at KFC at least once per week as well as a number of friends and am completely happy with the offerings. Bo's on the other hand can only be tolerated in small doses with the extreamly greasy and brittle hard fried chicken. please try KFC again.
As it is known here KGS Kentucky Greasy Shit, the best crap for a major heart attack.
kfc customer service

Murfreesboro, TN

#22 Feb 7, 2014
Here at kfc we pride ourselves in low quality high priced goods. We know what your asking and I'll answer it. Yes goods because it may be genetically modified food but at least it's edible. Sadly we did have to stop making fresh Potatoe wedges because of employee stupidity too many were cutting fingers and hands off we had to stop for insurance purposes. We receive online applications because we really don't care who is working for us or if their even human as we ourselves have wondered quite often. Please visit our website for coupons at www.kentuckyfriedchicken.com
Thank you for your loyalty as customers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Complete Laser Clinic Reviews? (Sep '12) 11 hr Carolinaskies 132
Any reviews of Convergys? Job Wise? (Jan '09) Jul 25 Undecided 207
mike kinder Jul 25 joshua 1
Where did Spring go? (Feb '15) Jul 24 Bored 2
Head Jul 24 Bored 1
where is the best fried chicken locally (Jul '12) Jul 23 Chicken Man 48
Abby Rider Jul 21 blacksnake 8

Newton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance