Graphic photos offended Oktoberfest v...

Graphic photos offended Oktoberfest visitor

There are 59 comments on the Hickory Daily Record story from Oct 16, 2008, titled Graphic photos offended Oktoberfest visitor. In it, Hickory Daily Record reports that:

I was offended by the large, graphic photos of dead, dismembered, bloody baby parts that were at my children's eye level at Oktoberfest at the New Testament Christian Fellowship pro-life booth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hickory Daily Record.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“TRUE BLUE AMERICANA”

Since: Mar 09

Engelhard NC

#43 Mar 18, 2010
2003emm3 wrote:
PC has, unfortunately, little to do with this. It has to do with peoples' poor taste. To set up an anti-abortion booth at a beer fest and show gory pictures is abominable taste. That short of $hit belongs in Congress or the state senate where they can debate it until they are red in the face, but not here.
DONT LOOK AT IT!!! Derp de der. retards. I reiterate my point. Stay at home.

“TRUE BLUE AMERICANA”

Since: Mar 09

Engelhard NC

#44 Mar 18, 2010
2003emm3 wrote:
PC has, unfortunately, little to do with this. It has to do with peoples' poor taste.
PC has EVERYTHING to do with this. And I think it's funny that you bring up Europe as an example to go by. The same place that shows uncensored sex and penis symbols as routine comedy on the air. Many of the things that are displayed in the aforementioned countries is MUCH worse than anything that you would have seen at our Oktoberfest. These people (church) have just as much right to their opinions, and the right to express them, as we do ours. Bottom line... free speech.. We CAN NOT dictate what someone (Or group) can or can not say, display or by any other means convey a point without stepping on their CONSTITUTIONAL rights, period. I don't agree with an organization that ONLY awards scholarships to blacks, but I have to deal with it. I don't agree with the "Black proliferation" literature that is routinely handed out on the square, but I have to deal with it. I don't agree with the muslims spreading their hate around here, but I have to deal with it. And furthermore, If we see posters on the square of a Muslim fanatic hell bent on destroying this country (and we did, B. Hussein Obama), you aren't offended but yet someones god given right to express their belief on the Christian side is demonized??? This is going to stop! Whether by diplomacy or just straight up country A$$ kicking, We will get our country back from these "Offended, bleeding heart, no ones opinion but mine counts" nazi's. Hide and watch.

“Investigator ”

Since: Mar 09

Edenton, NC

#45 Mar 18, 2010
HGR1 wrote:
<quoted text>
PC has EVERYTHING to do with this.. Bottom line... free speech.. We CAN NOT dictate what someone (Or group) can or can not say, display or by any other means convey a point without stepping on their CONSTITUTIONAL rights, period. I don't agree with an organization that ONLY awards scholarships to blacks, but I have to deal with it. I don't agree with the "Black proliferation" literature that is routinely handed out on the square, but I have to deal with it. I don't agree with the muslims spreading their hate around here, but I have to deal with it. And furthermore, If we see posters on the square of a Muslim fanatic hell bent on destroying this country (and we did, B. Hussein Obama), you aren't offended but yet someones god given right to express their belief on the Christian side is demonized??? This is going to stop! Whether by diplomacy or just straight up country A$$ kicking, We will get our country back from these "Offended, bleeding heart, no ones opinion but mine counts" nazi's. Hide and watch.
Well said. As a parent, we are A) To protect our children (Don't have them in an "Adult" atmosphere) B) Provide for our children (A safe environment). C) TEACH them right and wrong and not rely on pc bull$hit government agencies to do it for us. They are indoctrinating our kids under your noses and you just "Write it off". If gay's, lesbian's, blacks, chicano's, or any other minority group wants to bring about awareness of a "Sensitive" subject....... it's fine and dandy. But when a white christian group wants to bring about the awareness of innocent children being murdered everyday..... the truth hurts and YOU don't want to see it. It matters not in what venue it is in either. Uptown, downtown, the mall,....wherever. How does that add up other than with one of two simple phrase "double standard" or "Typical liberal" (no difference in the two). It pisses me off to see a large groups "good time" or "Event" totally ruined by just a few A$$holes that get offended about EVERYTHING. Suck it up and get over it or just don't go..... I promise, WE won't miss you. we are tired of you ruining our events and lives. Shut up.

“TRUE BLUE AMERICANA”

Since: Mar 09

Engelhard NC

#46 Mar 18, 2010
SouthernBelle wrote:
No one lives sin free. Before righteously throwing oneself in judgement of others on a particular issue, one should understand that others may also judge them harshly for whatever 'sin' they may be guilty of...no matter how big or small you may think it is.
Oh, just be quite. seriously, shutup.
Jackie

Boone, NC

#47 Mar 22, 2010
The graffic photos shows.... NO CLASS But people Hickory is a red neck town!!!!

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#48 Mar 22, 2010
Jackie wrote:
The graffic photos shows.... NO CLASS But people Hickory is a red neck town!!!!
And you must certainly be a beacon of enlightenment and intelligence in your community.
reading

Lillington, NC

#49 Mar 26, 2010
i lived in charlotte for many years and worked directly accross the street form an abortion clinic. the abortion protesters would stand out there on the grass next to the clinic and had signs of these same pictures showing them directly to the public no matter who drove by. not that i dont beleive in their cause, lets agree, abortion is wrong and it is murder of an unborn child, but i am saying that most of the people who have to be exposed to these graphic pictures have never considered abortion , much less done it. so why do we innoncent bystanders have to be exposed to graphic disturbing photos of dead babies when they should be showing them o the folks patronizing the clinic!

“TRUE BLUE AMERICANA”

Since: Mar 09

Engelhard NC

#50 Mar 27, 2010
reading wrote:
i lived in charlotte for many years and worked directly accross the street form an abortion clinic. the abortion protesters would stand out there on the grass next to the clinic and had signs of these same pictures showing them directly to the public no matter who drove by. not that i dont beleive in their cause, lets agree, abortion is wrong and it is murder of an unborn child, but i am saying that most of the people who have to be exposed to these graphic pictures have never considered abortion , much less done it. so why do we innoncent bystanders have to be exposed to graphic disturbing photos of dead babies when they should be showing them o the folks patronizing the clinic!
I have to tolerate viewing gay pride marches, pictures of blacks swinging from trees, "pro healthcare tragedy pictures" and all kinds of Obama propaganda when I don't want to but YET, I have never considered being involved with any of these groups. nobody says anything about them being "offensive"???? Why not??
I don't want to see it but I "man up" and move on. It offends me that all of you are offended. Zip it hippies. grow up.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#51 Mar 27, 2010
tom wrote:
get over it. Its real life. I bet you let your kids watch t.v. So they see that stuff on t.v
You cannot think that these images are appropriate in an environment that is supposed to be for family fun time.....wow

“TRUE BLUE AMERICANA”

Since: Mar 09

Engelhard NC

#52 Mar 27, 2010
Benefits Pro wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot think that these images are appropriate in an environment that is supposed to be for family fun time.....wow
None of the other images would have been "appropriate" either, what makes these an exception to the rule? Family fun time?? an alcohol fueled party on the square is your idea of "Family fun time"?? Your a sad individual and Ya'll really don't get it do ya? No one ever said "FREEDOM OF SPEECH" had to be unicorns and rainbows....... derp de derr.... We are sick of hearing you bleeding hearts whine about "being offended" or "That's not appropriate", who the hell died and put you in charge of whats "appropriate"???? I don't think your CONSTANT bitching and complaining is appropriate.... what are you going to do to rectify that situation??? huh????

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#54 Mar 27, 2010
HGR1 wrote:
<quoted text>
None of the other images would have been "appropriate" either, what makes these an exception to the rule? Family fun time?? an alcohol fueled party on the square is your idea of "Family fun time"?? Your a sad individual and Ya'll really don't get it do ya? No one ever said "FREEDOM OF SPEECH" had to be unicorns and rainbows....... derp de derr.... We are sick of hearing you bleeding hearts whine about "being offended" or "That's not appropriate", who the hell died and put you in charge of whats "appropriate"???? I don't think your CONSTANT bitching and complaining is appropriate.... what are you going to do to rectify that situation??? huh????
HAHAHAHA looks like you got worked up! HAHAHAHA go look at some dead baby photos they will probably cheer you up.

“SEMPER FI”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#55 Mar 27, 2010
Murdering children is a grizzly business!

The venue of Oktoberfest may have been out of order for these pictures to be displayed, but then again they can be quite "sobbering"!
LIBERALS SUCK

Edenton, NC

#56 Mar 27, 2010
Benefits Pro wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHA looks like you got worked up! HAHAHAHA go look at some dead baby photos they will probably cheer you up.
For a professional, I would think that you could do better than, "I know you are but what am I???" lameass attempt at being funny??? Who cares, it is what it is.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#57 Mar 27, 2010
LIBERALS SUCK wrote:
<quoted text>
For a professional, I would think that you could do better than, "I know you are but what am I???" lameass attempt at being funny??? Who cares, it is what it is.
I am not a professional dead baby poster holder....

“TRUE BLUE AMERICANA”

Since: Mar 09

Engelhard NC

#58 Mar 27, 2010
Benefits Pro wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a professional dead baby poster holder....
I need not comment..........That speaks for itself.
Complete Disaster

Daytona Beach, FL

#60 May 6, 2010
They are 3 & 4? Really! They have no clue what they are looking at honestly, the mother could have told them it was make believe. A 3 & 4 year old are only as impressionable as what comes from the presenterÂ’s mouth. I do agree that something like that would be traumatizing, but present it as something different and then distract and move on. I would be more concerned with a 7 or 8 year old that could actually make the pictures out. Same thing people really, don't make something so dramatic if it doesnÂ’t have to be. It's as traumatizing as you let it be, who is the adult here? If it's you then act like it, distract the child to something more interesting and move on with your life. If not your children are going to grow up dwelling on all the negativity in the world and not know how to accentuate the positive. Life not always fair, it's not always the way we like it (all pretty and non violent) but it's still great to be here and love it anyway, and MOVE ON!
Jamie

United States

#62 May 22, 2010
I was offended by the sale of alcohol and those walking around intoxicated while my teenagers were at Oktoberfest. I was also offended by the cigarette smoke that I had to walk through while walking around the event. Alcohol and smokes should be banned from all the events that take place, especially within the city's limits.

“Investigator ”

Since: Mar 09

Carthage, NC

#63 May 23, 2010
Jamie wrote:
I was offended by the sale of alcohol and those walking around intoxicated while my teenagers were at Oktoberfest. I was also offended by the cigarette smoke that I had to walk through while walking around the event. Alcohol and smokes should be banned from all the events that take place, especially within the city's limits.
I smoke and consume beverages at oktoberfest and I am offended that you are even there.
YOU should be banned from all public events crybaby. Stay at home if you don't like it.
Taylor

Hickory, NC

#64 May 28, 2010
No double standard here wrote:
So she wasn't offended by all the drinking going on, but she's offended by pictures? Ok. So she's OK with her kids being exposed to public intoxication, but not OK with pictures of aborted children. Ok.
You're assertions are absurd. First off, it's Oktoberfest! People drink beer. If you don't like that, then don't go to Oktoberfest and you won't have to witness it. Would it be any different if YOU were going to an anti-abortion rally and a bunch of people started showing up right next to your rally, and they were drinking, celebrating, and having a good time? Wouldn't you be offended by this?(You've already answered yes with your post)
So stop judging people with silly comparisons. Public intoxication does not compare to EXTREMELY graphic pictures of aborted children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marsha Kay Glazebrooks (Sep '15) 21 hr Vick 11
Patrick Beaver library (Feb '09) Jun 23 murderbox 20
Passing gas Jun 22 Eternal truth 5
Abby Rider Jun 22 Nobody 1
What would you do? Jun 21 Eternal truth 12
outlaws mc, hickory, nc (Aug '11) Jun 19 VIPER 96
Outlaws Motorcycle Gang Massacre-30 Years Ago (Jul '09) May '16 Debbie 116
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newton Mortgages