Horse Riding Lessons in Hickory, North Carolina

May 12, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Associated Content

A popular thing in the Hickory, North Carolina area is riding horses and if you're a novice don't let that stop you.

Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Wednesday Aug 6
serious rider

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2009

Judged:

Foothills Equestrian Center, at 531 Starnes Lane in Bethlehem (very close to Hickory, North Carolina) is the place for riders of all levels. Certified Instructors serve all age groups and levels with group and private instruction covering everything from basic beginning horsemanship and recreational riding though advanced dressage, jumping cross country, colt training and competition. They proudly support youth development by hosting a 4-H horse club, and Intercollegiate program for Lenoir Rhyne University, and Appalachian State University. Horse training and boarding are available with daily turnout, veterinary and farrier services, private riding trails, lighted indoor and outdoor arenas with jumps.
Visitor are welcome!
www.foothillsweb.com
MWD

Hickory, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2009

Judged:

who has money to put there child in horseback riding classes...you checked the economy lately? oh, i guess you have, you are advertising on topix...free advertising.
Jake

Carthage, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

Another a&& hole using this for free advertising. SPAM./
Uncle Sam

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

If I want to ride a horse, I'll do it in Gatlinburg, Tn in the MOUNTAINS... NOT Bethlehem!

“Foothills Equestrian Center”

Since: Nov 10

Hickory, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2010

Yes, I do agree that the economy has been hard on folks. All of the labor at Foothills is provided by working students. Students may work off all or part of the cost of riding while learning job skills and developing a resume.
Our college programs offer scholarship opportunities and the competing riders get a lot of financial support from local businesses who support the development of leadership and teamwork in young adults.
We do our best to make the positive aspects of horsemanship available to all who wish to enjoy it. The world is a better place for the gift of horses. Maybe you should try it too! There are worse places you can spend your time and energy.
I am interested in all comments!
Jbieleber

Hickory, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2011

I don't think it's a waist of money because they are following there dreams and let me tell you something they never say never,
And I love horseback riding and it's fun but somethings I can't do mAny tricks on the horse I never give up and I keep trying and I
NEVER SAY NEVER just like Justin Bieber he kept trying and look were he's now he's famous and just remember NEVER SAY NEVER!!!!!!
really

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2011

Jbieleber wrote:
I don't think it's a waist of money because they are following there dreams and let me tell you something they never say never,
And I love horseback riding and it's fun but somethings I can't do mAny tricks on the horse I never give up and I keep trying and I
NEVER SAY NEVER just like Justin Bieber he kept trying and look were he's now he's famous and just remember NEVER SAY NEVER!!!!!!
Really? You really just quoted Justin Bieber? Are you the dude who tatted his face on your back? I cant even take your comment seriously....lame. haha
Mom in Bethlehem

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2011

You don't want to take your children to Foothills Equestrian! Dana was abusive to my daughter and I wouldn't send my worst enemy there!
JLM

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2014

I whent to foothills and took lessons as a child for about three years and I was not treated very good by Dana, she is very much an arrogant mentally troubled woman her traumatic past haunts her present and she takes it out on everybody else.
also the only thing Dana sees in anyone is money, if you don't have money or a nice expensive quality horse nice car and a horse trailer she would rather not even bother with you.
I would not refer anybody to foothills Equestrian Center.
grace

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Aug 5

Mom in Bethlehem wrote:
You don't want to take your children to Foothills Equestrian! Dana was abusive to my daughter and I wouldn't send my worst enemy there!

Did your daughter tell you that!?, cause Dana is the best instructor ive met! Your daughter was probably just being difficult! I board my horse at Foothills and I recommend it for anyone who wants there horse and their family treated amazingly. They are very organized, they have sign up sheets for your horse if the need to have a vet check up, their teeth done, ferriers and more. You couldn't be more wrong about Dana and everyone else there! They are welcoming and kind and invite you to do activities or trail rides with them! Foothills Equestrian Connection is amazing!
grace

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Aug 5

JLM wrote:
I whent to foothills and took lessons as a child for about three years and I was not treated very good by Dana, she is very much an arrogant mentally troubled woman her traumatic past haunts her present and she takes it out on everybody else.
also the only thing Dana sees in anyone is money, if you don't have money or a nice expensive quality horse nice car and a horse trailer she would rather not even bother with you.
I would not refer anybody to foothills Equestrian Center.
First of all are you freakin stupid!? Dana is not mentally troubled and definitely doesn't judge people! Get your facts right!
deb

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Aug 6

Haven't you people learned that this website is nothing but a waste dump and u can't have a decent conversation without someone using the thread to start drama! Thats about all that's on here. Should have known that this wouldn't be very good advertising.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Newton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 38 min TSF 58,113
Disability cracking down on scammers (Jul '11) 2 hr Just saying 167
Brad Adkins 19 hr Yep 3
outlaws mc, hickory, nc (Aug '11) Tue Angela spence 63
exgirlfriends Aug 18 Me too 25
I seen a black bear in Maiden Aug 17 Tammy 12
fred t foard parent's Aug 16 parent 2

Search the Newton Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Newton Jobs

•••