Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#29895 Dec 8, 2012
Happy Birthday Waco!!!!:)

Location hidden

#29896 Dec 8, 2012
Snore wrote:
<quoted text>You pretty much summed it up so eloquently- you beat me to the punch, but spot on Bacon. Mike is simply confused to the umpth power in what he believes. Mike, can't have it both ways. Pick a "weapon". You don't believe in GOD, then you have no business touching The Bible. Get a book about the phylosophy of atheism and THEN make your points about equality of women. Hippocrite. Talking out of your ass as usual and bored to death. And religion is not a science-it's a belief, and philosophy and theology play a role too. More importantly, it you have nothing to believe in, I only think one's life is empty in spirit and has a huge hole in his heart and soul.
Snore, I'm glad you understood my post. TSF does such a fine job explaining his beliefs and I wish I was as good as he is in articulating them. Your post also gets to the point and I agree with you. especially your wording of "Pick a Weapon".

“Anasasis Xenophontis.”

Since: Dec 08

over there.

#29897 Dec 8, 2012
No mike. You can tell me how I think and speculate on my beliefs based on the small amount of known science that we barely have a grasp on, like how we know how old our expanding universe is and how long it took planets to form, but my beliefs are my own and holds no tie to any religion. The big thing you will have to wrap your head around is that we really have no clue. I'm not really fine with that, I have a lust for knowledge, but we are a very ignorant species. You get outside this solar system and there is no absolutes.
You have a vendetta against gods, I get that, but I didn't say I know what it is or who he is, I didn't say he is an alien. The only thing I believe one hundred percent is that there is something else. Spirit world, different plane of reality...where do you draw the boundary? Or are you one of those people that can only believe what they have tangible evidence for? Those same people believed the earth was the center of the solar system....

Btw mike, you keep tellin us what god is or isn't....so what is a god? You sure seem to know what he is and where the boundaries lay.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#29898 Dec 8, 2012
Thanks bacon!

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#29899 Dec 8, 2012
Maumeaux wrote:
<quoted text>John 20:29-31
For real.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#29900 Dec 8, 2012
sevenSecrets wrote:
No mike. You can tell me how I think and speculate on my beliefs based on the small amount of known science that we barely have a grasp on, like how we know how old our expanding universe is and how long it took planets to form, but my beliefs are my own and holds no tie to any religion. The big thing you will have to wrap your head around is that we really have no clue. I'm not really fine with that, I have a lust for knowledge, but we are a very ignorant species. You get outside this solar system and there is no absolutes.
You have a vendetta against gods, I get that, but I didn't say I know what it is or who he is, I didn't say he is an alien. The only thing I believe one hundred percent is that there is something else. Spirit world, different plane of reality...where do you draw the boundary? Or are you one of those people that can only believe what they have tangible evidence for? Those same people believed the earth was the center of the solar system....
Btw mike, you keep tellin us what god is or isn't....so what is a god? You sure seem to know what he is and where the boundaries lay.
Wow seven, I think I hear crickets!

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#29901 Dec 9, 2012
Maumeaux wrote:
<quoted text>After reading your lame posts, I certainly believe in alien sub-life forms such as yourself. Unfortunately, you have yet to evolve from your present state of dog shit.
Oh, look, another childish poster from the opposition. Does your team have any grownups?
Care to actually try and refute my post, or are you just going to personally attack me?
I see you have no rebuttal.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29902 Dec 9, 2012
Snore wrote:
<quoted text>You pretty much summed it up so eloquently- you beat me to the punch, but spot on Bacon. Mike is simply confused to the umpth power in what he believes. Mike, can't have it both ways. Pick a "weapon". You don't believe in GOD, then you have no business touching The Bible. Get a book about the phylosophy of atheism and THEN make your points about equality of women. Hippocrite. Talking out of your ass as usual and bored to death. And religion is not a science-it's a belief, and philosophy and theology play a role too. More importantly, it you have nothing to believe in, I only think one's life is empty in spirit and has a huge hole in his heart and soul.
By your reasoning, no Christian should ever quote the Koran to point to the poor philosophy of Islam. By your reasoning, you should never speak of any religion that you do not believe in. See how your logic fails?
Your reasoning makes zero sense. Ask any teacher if your logic is sound please.

You guys only show how the right wings philosophy must be flawed. It is due to your lack of reasoning abilities.

You have shown nothing I have said to be hypocritical. If you are going to make a charge, be specific.

And you are wrong if you believe atheists feel life is empty and devoid of spirit. Just ask one or two of them. We just do not get our life's meaning from the place you do.

In case you are not aware, this debate is not about whether women should or should not be equal. So why would I need to quote some philosophy? The dispute is whether Christianity promotes equality in general, and equality for women. Thus the book one may reference is the bible, as that is the handbook of Christianity.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29903 Dec 9, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
Snore i've been attacked by atheists more than a few times regarding my faith.Ive been challenged to"prove"the existence of GOD......numerous times.Then i'm told about all the atrocities committed in the name of"religion"......I don't believe in"religion"......I believe in GOD....
So you think that make everything OK? It does not.
The reason one may point to the atrocities of religion is to show the philosophy is poor or maybe not of a god. If the philosophy is poor, it is evidence the god may not be so.
You may claim to not follow religion, but you speak of a religion in which you believe, Christianity. You need not be of a denomination or be active in a church to be religious or of a religion. And thus, you are not removed from the points of the atrocities committed in the name of religion.

What you say about god is all due to religion. You do not think in a vacuum. You do not live in a vacuum.

Do you think the bible is of a god? If so, then you follow religion.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29904 Dec 9, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Wow seven, I think I hear crickets!
So if I do not respond within three hours of someones post, you think I have no rebuttal? You clearly cannot see a trend.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29905 Dec 9, 2012
Maumeaux wrote:
<quoted text>John 20:29-31
You post scripture of the bible. Are you saying this must be true?
If so, then you are of religion.
Lets look closely at this scripture.

29 Then Jesus told him,“Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

The Purpose of John’s Gospel

30 Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. 31 But these are written that you may believe[a] that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

So why is one blessed just because they believe without seeing? The bible does not say, do you have an answer?

I do not believe just because some claim is written. This scripture seems to think if something is written, it is evidence of a true claim. Do you believe claims just because they are "written"? If so, then you follow religion, and that would contradict what you agreed with Waco on.

I see it this way. Any leader would love for you to believe his words are perfect and of a god, just due to it being written. So the motive to say this is strong. But anyone who believes such a claim without evidence is just gullible.

If you fall for this, it makes me understand you falling for all sorts of propaganda that is devoid of evidence.
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

#29906 Dec 9, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> For real.
"Today it is possible to not only read hieroglyphics, but also the ancient cuneiform writings. Astoundingly, the ancient relics have succeeded in silencing many of the Biblical critics. The harmony between Scripture and archaeological findings has shed new light upon the debate."
http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception_arc...

Thought you might want to check this site, a pastor said I should check it because I asked him about Biblical writings "other" than the Bible. It's quite interesting how there is a correlation between the "written word" and "ancient hieroglyphics".

Location hidden

#29908 Dec 9, 2012
Here's an "evolution" theory for those interested:

http://www.livescience.com/25361-monkeys-show...
TSF

Kenly, NC

#29909 Dec 9, 2012
Just walk around in Wall Mart in Lenoir on any weekend and observe the strong evidence of early modern humans interbreeding with neanderthals. Exactly why natural selection has allowed these genetic traits to survive at such frequency in Lenoir and not in other locations around the world has not been clearly explained by science.
emlu wrote:
Here's an "evolution" theory for those interested:
http://www.livescience.com/25361-monkeys-show...

Location hidden

#29910 Dec 9, 2012
TSF wrote:
Just walk around in Wall Mart in Lenoir on any weekend and observe the strong evidence of early modern humans interbreeding with neanderthals. Exactly why natural selection has allowed these genetic traits to survive at such frequency in Lenoir and not in other locations around the world has not been clearly explained by science.
<quoted text>
Hence the "People of Walmart" website TSF. It doesn't seem to be one specific location, it seems to be a "global" thing. I think there might be one in Lillington NC as well.

Location hidden

#29911 Dec 9, 2012
Neanderthal, that is to say..

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#29912 Dec 9, 2012
emlu wrote:
Neanderthal, that is to say..
ODDLY enough, Neanderthals actually had larger brains than CRO-Magnons.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#29913 Dec 9, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you think that make everything OK? It does not.
The reason one may point to the atrocities of religion is to show the philosophy is poor or maybe not of a god. If the philosophy is poor, it is evidence the god may not be so.
You may claim to not follow religion, but you speak of a religion in which you believe, Christianity. You need not be of a denomination or be active in a church to be religious or of a religion. And thus, you are not removed from the points of the atrocities committed in the name of religion.
What you say about god is all due to religion. You do not think in a vacuum. You do not live in a vacuum.
Do you think the bible is of a god? If so, then you follow religion.
I am simply not religious.Any more than you are a Parisian.

Location hidden

#29914 Dec 9, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> ODDLY enough, Neanderthals actually had larger brains than CRO-Magnons.
I appreciate that, Waco. My birth certificate says 'Neanderthal Combo Burger' on it and I knew there was a special scientifically proven reason for my vast thinking ability. LOL

Location hidden

#29915 Dec 9, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate that, Waco. My birth certificate says 'Neanderthal Combo Burger' on it and I knew there was a special scientifically proven reason for my vast thinking ability. LOL
hahaha :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NTNWS 10-26 meth 1.jpg 8 hr LOL 27
driver cam (Feb '13) Sat dave 16
Review: Weecycle Sat Michelle Roark 1
what happened top benji helms? Sat worriedbout benji 1
Who is the best looking hairdresser in Hickory? Fri FanofSexy 1
Ohio home wrecker Fri Repeatly 2
Hickory is gay ! Fri State of Florida 2
Newton Dating
Find my Match

Newton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Newton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Newton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:50 pm PST

Bleacher Report 2:50PM
Browns Overcome Late INTs to Stun ATL
NBC Sports 3:25 PM
Today in the NFL: Josh Gordon makes his return
Bleacher Report 3:37 PM
Ryan, Smith Share Blame for Wasted Opportunity
NBC Sports 8:25 PM
Is this the end of the Mike Smith era in Atlanta?
NBC Sports12:49 AM
Hoyer recovers, leads Browns past Falcons, 26-24 - NBC Sports