Silver
#1 Aug 17, 2012
Has anyone heard about state bar revoking his license for cheating his clients?
Civil

Morganton, NC

#2 Aug 29, 2012
Yes, our case has been on hold because of this douche bag. He still owes us $7,000 in debt claiming our case as dismissed by the DA because he never informed us to show in court.
Scott

Wake Forest, NC

#3 Aug 30, 2012
C. Gary Triggs of Morganton was suspended for five years. The suspension is stayed upon Triggs' compliance with numerous conditions. The DHC found that Triggs failed to promptly deliver to the IRS funds withheld from employee paychecks, failed to properly identify, hold, and maintain the separate identity of funds held in trust, utilized entrusted funds for an unauthorized purpose, entered into business transactions with a client, failed to transmit the terms of the transactions in writing to the client, failed to advise the client in writing of the desirability of independent legal advice, failed to afford the client a reasonable opportunity to obtain such advice, and failed to obtain the client's informed consent.
info

Forest City, NC

#4 Oct 24, 2012
Gary Triggs is scheduled for yet another disciplinary hearing by the NC State Bar. Maybe this time they will be tired of slapping his hand and do something!
he screwed me too

United States

#5 Oct 25, 2012
Disbarred today October 25, 2012
ROGER FLEMING

Garner, NC

#6 Oct 29, 2012
It's about time they removed that piece of crap, but they have missed a couple of more in Morganton,NC.
true justice

Forest City, NC

#7 Oct 30, 2012
Maybe Gary Triggs and his good friend/client Alex Nelson can get together now and watch soaps and jerry Springer during the day- looks like they both will be unemployed now!
wonder

Morganton, NC

#8 Nov 5, 2012
how long did the bar take his licenses ? years I would think.
he screwed me too

Matthews, NC

#9 Nov 21, 2012
Final order of disbarment has not been filed yet. Should be any day. NC bar web site will keep you updated. Becomes public knowledge once it is filed.
curious2

Ellenboro, NC

#11 Dec 18, 2012
final order !!!! look at

http://www.ncbar.com/orders/triggs,%20gary%20...

Its about time!
Johnny on the Spot

Swannanoa, NC

#12 Dec 24, 2012
Why no news in Morganton or Hickory newspaper about Triggs permanent disbarment. It's online per the link above.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#13 Dec 24, 2012
Johnny on the Spot wrote:
Why no news in Morganton or Hickory newspaper about Triggs permanent disbarment. It's online per the link above.
It says nothing in the document about a 'permanent' disbarment that I saw.
thelaststraw

Morganton, NC

#14 Dec 27, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
It says nothing in the document about a 'permanent' disbarment that I saw.
if you read the disbarrment order- I think you will see this is not something that will go away in a few days. It doesnt say that he will automatically be eligible for re-enstatement of his law license. Triggs already had that chance more than once - He does not deserve to be a lawyer!
Amber

United States

#15 Jan 2, 2013
He handled my divorce and child custody well. However, when it was time for my ex hubby to terminate his rights and change my sons last name, Gary got slack but so did Susie. She never did her job. The whole office got complacent. My sons last name never got changed. I hope Gary gets it together.
he screwed me too

Thomasville, NC

#16 Jan 3, 2013
Amber who is Susie? You must have used him prior to his going rogue the last 10 years! He had certainly built a nice reputation for himself pre 2000 and has destroyed himself and countless other people since then.
he screwed me too

Knoxville, TN

#17 Apr 30, 2013
Word is he is asking for a Stay on the Disbarment in order to practice law awaiting his appeal of this decision.
True Justice

Miami, FL

#19 Apr 30, 2013
Some people need to be fried. Is this guy the pedophile?
Morganton NC

Morganton, NC

#21 Aug 24, 2013
I also had dealings with this unscrupulous so-called attorney. I read the disbarment from the links above. In some ways, yes, it sounds serious for him, but in some of what I read, the panel that disbarred him barely slapped his hand yet again, which really fries me! The disbarment does NOT say anything about "permanent" disbarment, rather it says "until he demonstrates...that he has reformed...understands his obligations to his clients...that permitting him to practice law will not be detrimental to the public...or legal profession...". My personal dealings with Triggs has well demonstrated to me that he DOES NOT CARE about his clients, and that he DOES NOT CARE what the panel thinks or has to say. Why it was not deemed newsworthy in Morganton or the surrounding area, I don't know. You would think the news media would want to ALERT and PROTECT the public from a predator. This man took money of mine as well and wasted a LOT of precious time for me and my loved one. All I can say to all of you out there is BEWARE!! BEWARE!! When you go to hire an attorney, don't be like me, naive and trusting. Just because the legal folks are SUPPOSED to be trustworthy does NOT mean they ARE trustworthy. I have found out by PAINFUL experience. My name was not listed in that disbarment, but the same acts of outright dishonesty, false promises, dodging my phone calls and letters, taking immediate actions only after it appeared there might be some consequences to him, yep... ALL of that was part of my personal experience with Triggs. It also appears to me that he has great disdain for women in particular. Just take great care when selecting an attorney. There are good and honest ones out there, I have one now working on behalf of my loved one. But the "snake" ones don't wear nametags, so just BEWARE!! Especially when it pertains to such important matters as when you have to hire an attorney. Those are LIFE ALTERING decisions. Respectfully ... Carolyn
Morganton NC

Morganton, NC

#22 Aug 24, 2013
Oh, to add clarification to my previous comment that in a way, the panel only slapped Triggs' hand yet again, I am referring to the manay paragraphs of the disbarment where the panel "dismissed the claim" "for lack of "clear, cogent and convincing evidence" (see pages 15, 16, and 17 of the disbarment).
http://www.ncbar.com/orders/triggs,%20gary%20...
lenoir

United States

#23 Nov 17, 2013
i had the misfortune to hire gary in 1998 on a federal drug case and was charged extreme rates for phone calls and a couple trips to charlotte and statesville case did not go to trial because i signed a guilty plea for a total of maybe 20 hrs i was charged a rate that you would not believe later while in prison i learned that he helped write the statements for a witness against me to get the federal indictment against me this is clearly a conflict of interest i dont know if it is to late to recover any of the outragest fees i was charged because he knew it was unethicial to take my case waiting to see......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jury selection begins in trial of Lincolnton ma... (Dec '11) Fri mir 2
Complete Laser Clinic Reviews? (Sep '12) Jul 30 mooksmom 119
outlaws mc, hickory, nc (Aug '11) Jul 26 THE BREEZE RETIRED 79
AA Entertainment (Mar '12) Jul 26 Freakfella 60
William Jenkins cheats on Casey Jenkins (Feb '14) Jul 24 ted 5
Houses for rent Jul 23 Misty 1
why do you swim and let your kid's in lake hickory Jul 23 roger 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newton Mortgages