Hickory teen dies in crash after chase

Dec 7, 2007 | Posted by: Charlotte.com | Full story: Charlotte.com

A Hickory teenager died Thursday night after leading a trooper on a chase through Catawba County and crashing his car into a tree.

Roey Chance Parsons, 18, was flung from the 1999 BMW he was driving when it slammed into a tree off N.C. 10 in Hickory and split in two, said Trooper R.G. Griffin of the Highway Patrol.

Shortly after 8 p.m. Thursday, Trooper Brian Perkins noticed the BMW speeding on U.S. 321, about seven miles west of Newton, said Lt. Everett Clendenin.

When Perkins turned on his blue lights and tried pulling the BMW over, the driver increased his speed, taking Perkins on an eight-minute chase through Catawba County and into Hickory, Clendenin said. Read more

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 32 of32
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
dang

Hickory, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2008

TitoFTW wrote:
<quoted text>
I've lost plenty of friends close to me, but none doing something this stupid. Some I lost with me in Iraq.
I had a couple friends that comitted suicide when I was younger, but I didn't go to their funerals. I won't attend a ceremony for someone who took the coward's way out. Just as I wouldn't celebrate the life of someone that died running from the cops.
Insensitive,(to this)yes. A lout, no.
If you're offended by what I have to say, then (A) Grow thicker skin,(B) don't read it, or (C) Argue pointlessly about it. Either way I don't care, so tough shit.
'Scuse me for calling you a lout. You're a turd!
Kelsey

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

You know, Im not going to be like some and say you're heartless or anything like that, its Gods place to judge you, not mine. But I know for a fact that he wasnt hiding anything in his car. And I know for a fact that he wasnt high when he ran, because he was coming home from work, and he worked for his uncle who goes to my church.

If you dont care, why are you replying to everyone elses posts? You are the one arguing pointlessly. We have a point - Chance was a good guy. Speeding was his problem, whats yours? Everyone makes bad decisions, some just have greater consequences than others.
Justin

Fairview, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

You know i had no idea of this page and believe me if i did i would have commented before this. Chance was a good friend of mine and for yall to judge him is absured. Yea Chance had problems in the past, but you know what he moved down to Hickory and made a change in his life and life for God. You know every one has there problems, and Chance was speed. So i ask you whats your problem and how would you like it for people to comment you on it. Now dont get confuzed and think im supporting what he did that night, because im not. What Chance did was a bad decision, and this one cost him his life. What bad decsions have you made in YOUR life. My point is this dont be so quick to point out someone elses faults when you have some of your own. Chance was a good person that was saved by God's grace. He was a brother to all and including me, he was the type if guy to drop what he was doing to come help you out with a situation. So for the people who are so hard hearted to say well thats what he gets, to you i say i will pray for you.
God Bless
max

Fairview, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

I will pray for u tito! For god so loved the world that he grave his only begotten son, that who so ever bliveth in him shall no perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
max

Fairview, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

by the way is that all u do is trash peoples comments...! GROW UP!

“webstreetnet.com”

Since: Aug 08

Newton

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

The Police should have a way built into cars to disable it. Nobody should go out over fear of a ticket. This just sucks all around.
cody parsons

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2011

Jack Schitt wrote:
This young man dictated his own fate. Let us all be lucky he didn't kill anybody else. "Parent of 4" - that would include harm to my own child. He had a choice, and from the atricle in the Hickory Record, has made mistakes in his life before. Wake up people and see this for what it is! He died breaking the law evading police. That is how I will remember him!
. He was my brother and I miss him every day he made mistakes but it shouldn't of cost him his life and your an ass hole and I hope one of your children meets a similar fate so you can know what my mom endured and I hope some one like you posts something like this and your dead childs siblings have to read it so maybe they can explain my hate for a holes like you
grouchoparx

Davidson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2011

Judged:

I just hope that all of you young people who are grieving here will learn a lesson from this tragic event that took this young man's life. A vehicle is a deadly weapon that can take your life in a moment's notice. Maybe in his memory, you can honor his life by taking a vow and promise yourself not to drive wrecklessly, and for God's sake, if a law enforcement officer blue lights you, take the consequence of whatever you deserve and pull over immediately. In your life, you grow in wisdom. Please live long enough to reach this stage. To the family and friends, I give you my condolences, and hope that peace and comfort will soon come. Don't allow another tragedy like this to happen. You can prevent it with your good decisions in life from this point on. God bless all of you in this time of sorrow.
Yankee Clipper

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2011

Judged:

Lesson Learned Don't F...With The Police!
Storme G

Taylors, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

I knew Chance parson he was a great guy went to church had job, graduate 2 years before lived with his grandparents, He was the type guy that always make you smile, He wreck in my stepfather parent's yard it was sad time For all the Youth at Winkler Grove Baptist Church but what gave me peace is that HE was saved and one day i will meet him in glory
WellDuhh

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2011

Why would anyone put an 18 year old in the seat of a BMW ? do they not remember when they were 18?
thats like giving a 2 year old a loaded gun and telling him to be careful with it. My lord people stop spoiling your kids with expensive gifts.
it wont make up for the bad parenting nor does going to church make it ok.
With that said Im am sorry for the familys loss, I can't imagine how hard it must be for the family but you must move foreward and learn from the past.
God Bless
Dave

Newton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2011

WellDuhh wrote:
Why would anyone put an 18 year old in the seat of a BMW ? do they not remember when they were 18?
thats like giving a 2 year old a loaded gun and telling him to be careful with it. My lord people stop spoiling your kids with expensive gifts.
it wont make up for the bad parenting nor does going to church make it ok.
With that said Im am sorry for the familys loss, I can't imagine how hard it must be for the family but you must move foreward and learn from the past.
God Bless
Or... You could explore the option that he may have purchased this car on his own, just a thought...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 32 of32
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Newton Discussions

Search the Newton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 46 min State of Florida 54,859
Disability cracking down on scammers (Jul '11) 4 hr pls be informed rp 95
Diane Lail aka Casey Jenkins is a cyberstalker ! 6 hr Westboro Juggalo 3
I heard of that menace Casey Jenkins Thu just for your info 3
Complete Laser Clinic Reviews? (Sep '12) Thu Lee 82
KKK in Newton Thu Jackson 3
City Lunch in Lincolnton, NC (Aug '13) Thu Jackson 18
•••
•••
•••
•••

Newton Jobs

•••