They explain on the back of your bill that it's for:
A FIXED CHARGE TO RECOVER MINIMUM MONTHLY
SYSTEM OPERATING COST.
What?
How utterly ridiculous!
Every day some executive says,
"how can we cheat our customers and make even more
money."
Absolute morons scamming us more and more.
Why can't we all get together like the
Bank of America $5.00 per month charge on
using debit cards.
Another example of cheating the public.
Former PNG Employee

Bristol, VT

#2 Dec 13, 2011
That $10.00 fee is the only thing they really let you see. As a former employee I can tell you the things you do not know about and what they tell you are most of the time bold faced lies. I am guessing I am somewhat of a good person since that bothered me. It doesn't make your word worth anything if it starts to become where anything you say has not value to it. I would as word of advice with your bill make sure you look at it closely there have been times where the utility commission has given them the go ahead to over charge. In cases of mistakes they make they only alert businesses to the issue but when it comes to customers to save money on the phone support they would rather not tell you because it decreases their profits. Also any scheduling date usually is a lie too... I'm sorry got way too old for me when I knew the way they handle things is not OK.
another way steal money

Greensboro, NC

#3 Sep 22, 2012
Why customers have to pay minimum monthly charges when the customers are not using the services?
Can the company like piedmont natural gas come up a clever way to do business rather tell more lies to steal money from customer?
clever way to do business offer more choices to customer to pay bills and plus save $, too.
can't understand why I have to pay this stupid services when not using the services. this kind of trick is another way to gain more profits.
someday sunlight can heat home and piedmont natural gas will run out of business.... they need to look harder before rip customer off...
petition4change

Hudson, NC

#4 Sep 24, 2012
why not start a petition on www.change.org for those of you who are dealing with PNG? what sucks is when you live in a complex that only allows you to use PNG for your heating.
wifey

Apex, NC

#5 Sep 25, 2012
If someone starts the petition i would sign it..I was just decussing that crazy charge with a co worker and we both think it is crazy if i didn't have to have it i wouldn't but my water is gas also so go figure but my bill would only be maybe 5 to 10 a month in stead 20 to 25.. this is crazy... a rip off
Pari

Charlotte, NC

#6 Oct 12, 2012
I started one. Please spread the word.
http://www.change.org/petitions/piedmont-natu...
wifey

Apex, NC

#7 Oct 15, 2012
SIGNED
Randy

High Point, NC

#8 Nov 2, 2012
They need that extra money so thier employee's can sit in resturants and on the sides of roads all day and kill time!
They remind me of NCDOT workers, just in white trucks instead of yellow!
They damn sure don't spend any of it on Customer Service!
David Browning

Winston Salem, NC

#9 Dec 3, 2012
Natural gas prices are down, and this is their way of boosting profits. Keep in mind our wonderful regulator let them do it.
Pat

Fort Mill, SC

#10 Mar 8, 2013
Even better, they say they can't pro-rate this fee. I moved and had 10 days worth of service and they charge the full 10 dollars for that month. Granted, it's only a matter of a few dollars, but the fact they just bend you over and give you no choice is amazing. Couldn't be happier to get out of that rotten state and away from Piedmont.
Daryl

Lincolnton, NC

#11 Mar 8, 2013
believe me, they are a shady company! they came to change a regulator on the main and did not tighten things enough, which in turn let gas leak all night and they still charged me for it. I asked for a credit (partial) and they gave me some crap. Their gonna get theirs real soon from the Lord!!
I work Here

AOL

#12 Apr 7, 2013
I still work for the company,They have 1,000,000,000 plus customers.At 10$ a month thats 10,000,000,000.00 before they sell 1 therm of gas...Thanks for my raise suckers!!!
Bunky

Atlanta, GA

#13 Apr 9, 2013
you know your azz is lyin. your azz don't work for that dam company. get your azz on up out of here before i call the dam cops.
Bill Tallant

Sanford, NC

#14 Apr 12, 2013
TELL IT LIKE IT IS wrote:
Do you know that every time you pay your
Piedmont Natural Gas bill they add a $10.00
charge?
SYSTEM OPERATING COST.
What?
How utterly ridiculous!
money."
using debit cards.
They get away with stealing.
They have no heart.
Corporate thieves.
Atlast

Raleigh, NC

#15 Apr 20, 2013
Why not use that 10 dollars as insurance for the in-home gas line repair they say we are responsible for if repair is needed. Or better yet...why not give us a refund!!! BTW-could not find the petition page.
Sarah Randolph

Sanford, NC

#16 Jun 4, 2013
TELL IT LIKE IT IS wrote:
Do you know that every time you pay your
Piedmont Natural Gas bill they add a $10.00
charge?
SYSTEM OPERATING COST.
What?
How utterly ridiculous!
money."
using debit cards.
And, they'll cheat you again, and again, and again,
and again, and again,and again, and again,and again, and again,
and again, and again,and again, and again, ad infinitum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New to town Aug 30 State of Florida 2
charter: most dishonest, dumbest of all companies Aug 28 I HATE CHARTER 1
Any reviews of Convergys? Job Wise? (Jan '09) Aug 26 PHFUCKCONVERGYS 201
woodmill winery (Sep '09) Aug 23 JBaldwin 33
Horrible brown water Aug 23 Light-em_up-4_fun 3
black guy near outlaw mc.. biker? (Apr '13) Aug 22 BIG OPE 32
Useless parasite in shady valley Aug 22 Light-em_up-4_fun 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newton Mortgages