papa pestos restaurant

papa pestos restaurant

Posted in the Newton Forum

TWO DINERS

Sanford, NC

#1 Jan 9, 2013
My wife and I went to Papa Pesto's January 9, 2013. The temperature was about 63 degrees. and the interior is not inviting at all. We had an Attraction's book coupon for a "buy-one-get-one-free " Italian pasta meal. I asked the waitress if they accepted these coupons and she said , "yes, but you have to order from the dinner menu and that would have been about $30.00. There are a lot of Italian places we'd go before we'd go to a C- place like this. She took the lunch menus back and brought the dinner ones. There was nothing on the coupon that indicated you had to order from the dinner menu, PLUS, they have a second coupon in the book that states $10.00 off of a DINNER meal. My wife and I eat out at least 700 times a year. We don't always use a coupon and usually go back to the ones that honor them to show our appreciation. We definitely won't go back to Papa Pesto's. I predict they'll be closed shortly, as many before them like Brown Sugar, Bela Habiba,and quite a few others have
Naxhika Buedros

Sanford, NC

#2 Apr 16, 2013
TWO DINERS wrote:
My wife and I went to Papa Pesto's January 9, 2013. The temperature was about 63 degrees. and the interior is not inviting at all. We had an Attraction's book coupon for a "buy-one-get-one-free " Italian pasta meal. I asked the waitress if they accepted these coupons and she said , "yes, but you have to order from the dinner menu and that would have been about $30.00. There are a lot of Italian places we'd go before we'd go to a C- place like this. She took the lunch menus back and brought the dinner ones. There was nothing on the coupon that indicated you had to order from the dinner menu, PLUS, they have a second coupon in the book that states $10.00 off of a DINNER meal. My wife and I eat out at least 700 times a year. We don't always use a coupon and usually go back to the ones that honor them to show our appreciation. We definitely won't go back to Papa Pesto's. I predict they'll be closed shortly, as many before them like Brown Sugar, Bela Habiba,and quite a few others have
I definitely agree.
I had a similar experience, but I stayed to try it anyhow.
Two words: Pig swill.
I think they'll be closed by Christmas.
Tim Bellows

Sanford, NC

#3 Apr 21, 2013
I had the misfortune to eat at this dump.
Just walking into this place makes
you want to run back out of the door.
The waitress I had looked like an ex-hooker.
She had more miles on her than any I've ever
seen. What a, "rhymes with runt."
The food was horrible.
Since I was there....I tried it.
Big mistake.
A day after I ate there, I puked up that slop
until I thought I'd die.
It took 3 days to get back to feeling better.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE !!!!
Jane Meadows

Sanford, NC

#4 May 4, 2013
My best friend and I ate at Papa Pestos last
Wednesday and I'll have to agree with the other
people who have posted their thoughts on this site.
I would rate Papa Pestos as the absolute worst
restaurant, ever.
The interior is so awful and the waitress we had
was pathetic.
Three helpful words that will save you a lot
of grief:
DON'T GO THERE !
Sarah Randolph

Sanford, NC

#5 Jun 4, 2013
They're closed.
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Larry Bentley

Sanford, NC

#6 Jun 9, 2013
Sarah Randolph wrote:
They're closed.
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
You said it perfectly.
That place was doomed to close the day it opened.
I ate there twice, even though the first time was bad.
I thought it was just a fluke, but it wasn't.
It was bad, bad, bad.
What other dump will go in that place next?
The only business that would go there and be successful would
be a legal brothel.
Other than that....nothing !

Since: Aug 10

Morganton, NC

#7 Jun 9, 2013
Did they not just open a location on Fairgrove Church where Burger King used to be many years ago?
Jeff Monroe

Hickory, NC

#8 Jul 7, 2013
bill875 wrote:
Did they not just open a location on Fairgrove Church where Burger King used to be many years ago?
If they did, I predict they'll be gone within less than a year.
Six months is probably closer.
They're done, no matter where they go.
That location is as bad as the Highland one, if it's true.
Surely the hateful, obnoxious, trashy looking waitress won't
go with them. That would give them zero chances of making a
go of it.
notsure

United States

#9 Jul 8, 2013
Jeff Monroe wrote:
<quoted text>
If they did, I predict they'll be gone within less than a year.
Six months is probably closer.
They're done, no matter where they go.
That location is as bad as the Highland one, if it's true.
Surely the hateful, obnoxious, trashy looking waitress won't
go with them. That would give them zero chances of making a
go of it.
Papa Pestos have opened on Fairgrove Church Rd. They have remodeled the inside of the building and it looks nice. There business has picked up alot at this location. Go by there at lunch and they have a very good crowd and also lots of takeouts. We have been there numerous times and the food is always very good. The service has also been good, they usually have 3 to 4 waitress during lunch and they all have been very friendly. You can get a delicious sub with fries and drink for $6.50 and it is a large serving. The strombolis and pizza are alot better than any other place aroung here. Most everything is made fresh and from scratch there on location. Give them a try, you might change your opinion. No, I am not related to anyone there, nor do I work there. My husband and I enjoy eating there and wish Alex, one of the owners and chef, who works from opening till close, good luck at this location.
Gao

United States

#10 Sep 13, 2013
I love coming back into town to see local owners opening new joints. Papa pestos is starting to become one of my favorite places to eat. The sauce(s) taste authentic, with a hint of Greek flavor.
And the service is genuine. Especially Tikka, one of my favorite server's personality/heart!!!

--g

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AA Entertainment (Mar '12) 18 hr new 71
known illegal immigrants being employed (Oct '15) Apr 18 Ithink 37
Deluxe inn room 211 Apr 17 Curious Pete 2
Prostitution at deluxe inn Apr 17 Curious Pete 2
turn in your charter cable equipment (Jun '13) Apr 17 susan 15
Farewell Keith Hobart Lane Apr 16 old pal 1
restaurants that have gone out of business (Oct '12) Apr 14 Kilroy 85

Newton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance