Judged:

Hi, Ellen,

Just want to say I enjoy your posts. Well thought, crafted, written and never any offensive language even when your opponent oh so deserves it. I try to emulate your cool comportment but I admit I do fail too often. I try using "non-vulgar" language and I pretty much succeed, my profesdsion having taught me that when insulting someone, do it with subtlety and in fine language. I sort of do that and I believe it is what infuriates LRS the most along with the birthers.

As to citizenship, well, good thing I'm here and not there, lol. My last child, a daughter, was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, from an Italian mother (my wife)and me. To seemingly complicate things further, I was a diplomat at the time, ha ha. But, and here it is, my daughter retains Argentine, Italian and Canadian citizenships. 3 passpoprts, no problem. So much for diplomatic niceties.

I don't want to argue about US laws, and I won't propose it in Topix of course, but I believe that a child born of diplomatic parents in the US is "jus soli," and at 21, he can become American if he so desires, as it is my contention that the parents cannot choose to abrogate the child's birthright any more than Obama's Indonesian father coult renounce his citizenship for him when he was not of age. Anyhow...

I beg you, please please don't ever mention I was in the diplomatic corps. You're the only one who knows.