Mitt Romney says Obamacare has ruined...

Mitt Romney says Obamacare has ruined Obama's second term. Is he right?

There are 804 comments on the Christian Science Monitor story from Nov 3, 2013, titled Mitt Romney says Obamacare has ruined Obama's second term. Is he right?. In it, Christian Science Monitor reports that:

President Obama speaks at Boston's Faneuil Hall about Obamacare Wednesday. Faneuil Hall is where former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, Obama's rival in the 2012 presidential election, signed the state's landmark health care law in 2006, with top Democrats standing by his side.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Christian Science Monitor.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#360 Nov 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Gee...any state that didn't have a communist movement at that time? no, there wasn't.
no, there is no serious communist movement in Mn at this time.
Whatever it is still alive and well and its been past down which some like to call it now Liberalism and I have been to Minnesota too and its is Liberal too in the modern sense.

COMMUNIST PARTY USA

Minnesota/Dakotas District of the Communist Party USA

http://csminn.cpusa.org/

and here is a book about Minnesota too

Radicalism in Minnesota, 1900-1960: A Survey of Selected Sources

Liberal vs. Conservative Values

Geography: If you grow up surrounded by people who think a certain way, there’s a good chance you’ll think that way, too. Some states are heavily populated by liberals, others by conservatives. New England and the northern Midwest (Minnesota, Wisconsin) have a heritage of liberalism; the rest of the Midwest leans toward conservatism. People in big cities are more likely to vote for Democrats; rural Americans tend to be more conservative.

http://news-basics.com/2010/liberal-vs-conser...
spud

Blakeslee, PA

#361 Nov 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and a higher minimum wage isn't income redistribution?
yo contradict yourself about three times in your own rant. no wonder you don't belong to a party no party would have such a stupid platform...
Did you really say that? No, a higher minimum wage isn't income redistribution. Do you think it's fair to pay someone $7.50 an hour while paying welfare recipients the equivalent of $15 an hour? Do you realize that when you pay someone minimum wage the taxpayer will inevitably pick up the unaffordable costs for basic benefits like housing, food and medical care? Paying the minimum wage transfers these costs from the employer to the taxpayer which is a classic example of corporate welfare. You hear what I'm saying, dog, or do you just want to argue some more?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#362 Nov 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you seem to like running. but then what else are you gonna do? you cannot back up the bullshit you toss out. you cannot back up the crap you parrot without understanding it...you have to run.
run, little girl, run!
Not from you, sailor boy.
spud

Blakeslee, PA

#363 Nov 10, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
that would make you partisan.
ESL?
l wouldn't p1ss on either party if they were on fire. That goes for you too. Sorry but I just don't respect anyone that is totally one sided.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#364 Nov 10, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever it is still
Still waiting for that proof - where are those letters, AnalOriface?

Putting aside on a realf*king idiot would say Lincoln was a communist, where oh where are those letters you promised?

Location hidden

#365 Nov 10, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>l wouldn't p1ss on either party if they were on fire.
Knobjob: if you prefer one party over the other, that would make you partisan, and that is what you gave us.

Something must be blocking your air passages.

And I'm not worried about you pissing on anyone or anything, you strike me as a SQUATTER.

Location hidden

#366 Nov 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and a higher minimum wage isn't income redistribution?
yo contradict yourself about three times in your own rant. no wonder you don't belong to a party no party would have such a stupid platform...
That sure is wealth redistribution when the Government gets involved economically and Minnesota's own Michele Bachmann is for Wealth Redistribution which is that Minnesota Liberalism(Communism) I am talking about and advocate which is why they keep re-electing her.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 at 11:03 AM PDT.

Welfare queen Michele Bachmann loves to suck on government teat

by Kaili Joy Gray

Like many members of Congress, Rep. Michele Bachmann has been a fierce critic of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, blaming the government-backed loan programs for excesses that helped create the financial meltdown in 2008.
And like millions of other home purchasers, Bachmann took out a home loan in 2008 that offered lower costs to the borrower through one of the federally subsidized programs, according to mortgage experts who reviewed her loan documents.

Just a few weeks before Bachmann called for dismantling the programs during a House Financial Services Committee hearing, she and her husband signed for a $417,000 home loan to help finance their move to a 5,200-square-foot golf course home, public records show. Experts who examined the loan documents for The Washington Post say they are confident that the loan was backed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/07/26/9990... #

Location hidden

#367 Nov 10, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for that proof - where are those letters, AnalOriface?
Putting aside on a realf*king idiot would say Lincoln was a communist, where oh where are those letters you promised?
Go look it up Idiot and only an Idiot would keep posting the same nonsense over and over when it was already proven true.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#368 Nov 10, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>Did you really say that? No, a higher minimum wage isn't income redistribution. Do you think it's fair to pay someone $7.50 an hour while paying welfare recipients the equivalent of $15 an hour? Do you realize that when you pay someone minimum wage the taxpayer will inevitably pick up the unaffordable costs for basic benefits like housing, food and medical care? Paying the minimum wage transfers these costs from the employer to the taxpayer which is a classic example of corporate welfare. You hear what I'm saying, dog, or do you just want to argue some more?
artificially inflating a job's worth isn't redistribution of wealth or gov't interference in the market?

making an employer pay out more than the job is worth isn't taking his money?

i am sure you would like a raise, but then you should get better skills that are worth more than putting fries in a bag. minimum wage jobs are not meant to be a living wage, hence the name...

St. Croix valley

#369 Nov 10, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>That sure is wealth redistribution when the Government gets involved economically and Minnesota's own Michele Bachmann is for Wealth Redistribution which is that Minnesota Liberalism(Communism) I am talking about and advocate which is why they keep re-electing her.
Tue Jul 26, 2011 at 11:03 AM PDT.
Welfare queen Michele Bachmann loves to suck on government teat
by Kaili Joy Gray
Like many members of Congress, Rep. Michele Bachmann has been a fierce critic of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, blaming the government-backed loan programs for excesses that helped create the financial meltdown in 2008.
And like millions of other home purchasers, Bachmann took out a home loan in 2008 that offered lower costs to the borrower through one of the federally subsidized programs, according to mortgage experts who reviewed her loan documents.
Just a few weeks before Bachmann called for dismantling the programs during a House Financial Services Committee hearing, she and her husband signed for a $417,000 home loan to help finance their move to a 5,200-square-foot golf course home, public records show. Experts who examined the loan documents for The Washington Post say they are confident that the loan was backed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/07/26/9990... #
oh, the sane people of MN all know that
Bachmann is a nutbag. she's always lived off the gov't teat. she barely, barely won her last election in MN's most far right district, and now she is running away from this area, good riddence, she did nothing but flap her idiotic mouth.
spud

Blakeslee, PA

#370 Nov 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>artificially inflating a job's worth isn't redistribution of wealth or gov't interference in the market?
making an employer pay out more than the job is worth isn't taking his money?
i am sure you would like a raise, but then you should get better skills that are worth more than putting fries in a bag. minimum wage jobs are not meant to be a living wage, hence the name...
Artificially raising a jobs worth via a minimum wage is no more income redistribution than lowering wages by flooding the labor market with illegal aliens. You're lost dog.

St. Croix valley

#371 Nov 10, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>Artificially raising a jobs worth via a minimum wage is no more income redistribution than lowering wages by flooding the labor market with illegal aliens. You're lost dog.
it is not the gov't flooding the market. it is u
US citizens hiring illegals that is flooding the market.

you are talking about the gov't taking others money and giving it to others.

i'm sure you would like a raise...get a better job.

Location hidden

#372 Nov 10, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>That sure is wealth
Copy and paste is the only thing you have.

Too bad you can't think.

Still waiting for proof of those Lincoln letters that no one else knows about, AnalButter.

Location hidden

#373 Nov 10, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>Artificially raising a jobs worth via a minimum wage
What a horrible thought, paying people salaries that almost break the poverty level.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#374 Nov 10, 2013
Who the heck cares what this loser has to say because tomorrow he'll be claiming a position that contradicts the one he's currently making right now.
Reality Bites

AOL

#375 Nov 11, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't dish it out if you don't like it flung back in your face.
We can't demonize you for not being raised to value or apprecitate America.I'm not an Obamite so I have no hate in my heart. We can only pity you for being neglected as a child.
spud

Blakeslee, PA

#376 Nov 11, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>

Lincoln was a communist
Where did you come up with that? What a racist buffoon you are.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#377 Nov 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you seem to like running. but then what else are you gonna do? you cannot back up the bullshit you toss out. you cannot back up the crap you parrot without understanding it...you have to run.
run, little girl, run!
To you I seem to like running but actually to you, I could seem to like anything. Only I know what I like whether having participated in what I like or not.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#378 Nov 11, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>Where did you come up with that? What a racist buffoon you are.
Ron Paul has said the same thing.
(lincoln was a communist)

St. Croix valley

#379 Nov 11, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>To you I seem to like running but actually to you, I could seem to like anything. Only I know what I like whether having participated in what I like or not.
yes, that is the kind of logic i am talking about.

it was even better when you stated someone else liked something they had tried...

yeah, logic isn't really something you are capable of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News News | 18-Year-Old Shot at Latin Festival, Says... 5 hr grounded in reality 1
News Angry seniors lash out at mayor - Sentinel & En... (May '09) Mon Time marches on 180
News Victim of fatal shooting in Dorchester identified Aug 21 Maybe next time 2
News School Officials Say Low-Income Budget Change W... (Feb '16) Aug 21 Next stop Tehran 17
News Woman who hit pedestrians doesn't have a license Aug 20 grounded in reality 1
Finding Dope (Jun '13) Aug 18 Emilia 36
Police Support Rally tomorrow night at 5:30 Jul '16 Terry Sauro 1

Newton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newton Mortgages