Wuthnow files to retain Harvey Co. sheriff's post

Mar 1, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Newton Kansan

“We want to further the positive impact on the youth of this community.”

Sheriff Arlis "A.J." Wuthnow filed for re-election Friday, choosing Leap Day to officially enter the election race for the office. via Newton Kansan

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Former Newton Resident

Iola, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2008

Judged:

Lets just hope he beats Jolliff, the last thing Harvey COunty needs is him back as a Law Enforcement Officer.

Since: Jan 07

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2008

Former Newton Resident wrote:
Lets just hope he beats Jolliff, the last thing Harvey COunty needs is him back as a Law Enforcement Officer.
AMEN
Name

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2008

Nah, we need Joliff to clean out all the dead wood in the HV Co SO. The rest of the county operation could use a cleaning out too. It's time for all those good old boys to move to Arkansas.
Current Newton resident

Newton, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2008

Former Newton Resident wrote:
Absolutely! Jolliff is the last person we need back in a position of power in this town or county. Vote to Keep AJ Sheriff!
Scared

Hutchinson, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2008

Jolliff as Sheriff? That makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2008

Name wrote:
Nah, we need Joliff to clean out all the dead wood in the HV Co SO. The rest of the county operation could use a cleaning out too. It's time for all those good old boys to move to Arkansas.
Joliff is the one that needs to move to Arkansas, he is over in Yoder at the Police Academy corrupting new officers from all over the State.
Byron Motter ran a good solid department for many years, I would hate to see Joliff come in and screw it all up.
ditto

Newton, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2008

AJ has done a heck of a job, and why change something that is not broken. Put joliff back in and lord help us thats the last thing we need back in Newton, he has been gone for a few years for a reason lets hope thats it many more to come, not to mention T Walton.. both are disasters in the making... GO AJ!!!!!
New to this

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2008

So what is it you don't like about Joliff and Walton?
New to this

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2008

And why does this thing say I'm from Toledo? I'm in Newton.
Scared

Hutchinson, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2008

Jolliff is a joke. He was hated by all officers of the Newton P.D. The only way he got antwhere was because of Chief Ron Jackson. I don't think any Law Officer in Harvey County respects him.
Harvey County

Meade, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

Jolliff isn't respected by any officer in the county, I have heard that he is a backstabber and a lier. Don't trust Jolliff, vote for AJ or T. Walton, both are better than Jolliff.
Scared

Hutchinson, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2008

Out of all of them, I think T. Walton would be the best choice
Larry

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

Name wrote:

a vote for jollif is a vote for corruption 22yrs ago when he was a officer in newton i caught my 16yr old son and his friend also 16 leaving jollifs fathers liqour store withtwo kegs of beer I took the beer and the boys to the police dept filed charges and nothing ever happened i guess if your son is a cop you can sell beer to minors Is that what kind o person you want in charge' we finally got the
atf involved to clean it up
will leave Harvey County

Newton, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2008

If Jolliff makes sheriff I will leave my hometown of Newton and move somewhere else. He is as corrupt as they come, Why doesn't any one bring up the real reason he is no longer working for the police dept.
Stephanie

Newton, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

I trust T. Walton, he has my vote. AJ has questionable business practices that are enough to call into question his decision making.

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2008

will leave Harvey County wrote:
If Jolliff makes sheriff I will leave my hometown of Newton and move somewhere else. He is as corrupt as they come, Why doesn't any one bring up the real reason he is no longer working for the police dept.
I have heard rumors, but not the whole story. SO do you know the real reason he left? If so please fill us in. I know the new Chief had to clean up alot of issues left by Jackson, like Nightingale, Mcmichaels, Peck and a few others. I had hoped to move back to Harvey County, but will not do so if Joliff becomes Sheriff.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Newton Discussions

Search the Newton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KS Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutio... (Oct '10) Wed jeffry helms 5,739
Carl J. Rans Feb '14 Marjorie Rans Sweney 1
KS Kansas Voting Disqualification Amendment - Ment... (Oct '10) Feb '14 Modern Human 199
Some Kansas GOP lawmakers would rather religiou... Feb '14 A New Day 1
KS Who do you support for Governor in Kansas in 2010? (Oct '10) Feb '14 livin on a prayer 690
KS Who do you support for Attorney General in Kans... (Oct '10) Feb '14 The Kangaroo 174
supppsoed profit Dave Hammar (Oct '12) Jan '14 HelpUGOaway 11
•••
•••
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••