Effort targets state's German Russians

Effort targets state's German Russians

There are 1 comment on the The Wichita Eagle story from Mar 11, 2007, titled Effort targets state's German Russians. In it, The Wichita Eagle reports that:

Dave Deutschendorf remembers all too well the stories his father would tell the family about his life in Russia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Wichita Eagle.

Shari McNamar

United States

#1 May 3, 2007
I'm an Oklahoman and found your article when I googled for Oklahoma Germans from Russia. My Great grandparents immigrated here from Russia in 1901. I have tried to look for information, but it is difficult. I do think it is true that the first generation immigrants were not open to talk about their life in Russia. I too couldn't figure out how come I was German but my great grandparents and most of their children were from Russia. The only real lead I have is my great grandfater's obituary that says he was born in Berlin, Russia and a census that says that he and his wifes mothers were natives to Germany. Thanks for the interesting article and if you do have room for an Oklahoman in your research I would be delighted. Thank You! Shari McNamar (Rothenberger)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
drunk drivers Jun '17 Sick of drunks 1
News Ottawa plucks city manager from Fort Scott (Aug '07) Dec '16 BTT 17
Grave site local man Lonnie E. Baker (Nov '16) Nov '16 Mike Baker 1
News Investigator has connections in county (Jan '11) Nov '16 go get another job 3
MASSIVE Government failure (Feb '16) Jun '16 sadstatesquestion... 3
Kansas Christian Home Scam (Jun '16) Jun '16 sadmistakeNewton 2
News Classified Ads (Sep '15) Sep '15 galen ames 3

Newton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newton Mortgages