Dog will not be returned to area family

Dog will not be returned to area family

There are 3 comments on the Marion County Record story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Dog will not be returned to area family. In it, Marion County Record reports that:

Volunteers are being threatened and spokeswoman Laura Zang, of Golden Retriever Freedom Rescue of Denver, Colo., wants people to hear all the facts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marion County Record.

Barbara Kaslow

New York, NY

#1 Jan 8, 2011
I am with the rescue group on this one. I was squarely for some of the Katrina dog owning victims triumphing over some of a rescuers who came across as sanctimonious.
See the movie "Mine".
"Caring for a dog in a rural setting" does not mean allowing the dog to develop 6 advanced diseases that clearly come from severe neglect. Instead of using their son's autism as an excuse for sympathy I wish these people would absorb the fact that these multiple diagnoses would certainly case the current caregivers to withhold their family dog, which they slowly got around to retrieving. I hope their next dogs will be treated better than their Golden and Basset, but it sounds like they are more defensive.
Barbara Kaslow

New York, NY

#2 Jan 8, 2011
I am with the rescue group on this one. I was squarely for some of the Katrina dog owning victims triumphing over one of the rescuers who came across as sanctimonious.
See the movie "Mine".
"Caring for a dog in a rural setting" does not mean allowing the dog to develop 6 advanced diseases that clearly come from severe neglect. Instead of using their son's autism as an excuse for sympathy I wish these people would absorb the fact that these multiple diagnoses would certainly cause the current caregivers to withhold their family dog, which apparently they slowly got around to retrieving. I hope their next dogs will be treated better than their Golden and Basset, but it sounds like they are more defensive.
I hope their autistic son does well!
Becca

White House, TN

#3 Jan 9, 2011
How dare these people pull out the 'disability card' in hopes that people will be outraged that an autistic boy's dog was taken... anyone who allows their animals to be ravaged by internal parasites is a bad owner. No collar, no chip, no tags, no vaccinations.... do they have ANY vet records??! Whatever happened to the Bassett? They do not deserve to get the dog back and, in fact, I would go so far as to say they need to be educated about pet ownership. Having a pet doesn't simply mean getting one and dumping out some food for it every now and then. It means vet care and keeping them home, not roaming the streets, and it also means LOOKING FOR YOUR PET WHEN IT IS LOST!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MASSIVE Government failure (Feb '16) Jun '16 sadstatesquestion... 3
Kansas Christian Home Scam Jun '16 sadmistakeNewton 2
Fun Jun '16 New in Town 1
News Anti-abortion activist goes to trial over lette... May '16 spocko 19
Hollywood Violence Comes to the Streets of Hess... (Feb '16) Feb '16 USA USA USA USA 2
News Conflicting sides of Kansas shooter Cedric Ford (Feb '16) Feb '16 USA USA USA USA 2
News After Hesston shooting, a look at workplace vio... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Lawnmower man 1

Newton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newton Mortgages