fred oberman

Mcpherson, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

I'm from Pratt and we'er looking at a smoking ban.
I had heard the ban in Newton really worked well.
Then I talked to some citizens of Newton and seemed to have found that the ban is not enforced.
No one is going to light up in Applebees.......Tell me what you know about enforcement. Is it enforced at the Hotels.....Newells....The bars......
Did the city commision pass a law they new they could not enforce??????
Isaac

Moundridge, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2008

I have seen hardly any smoking in Newton public areas anymore. Especially Applebees (we go there a lot) there are no lights. The bowling alleys: smoke free and VERY much more enjoyable now!

Tell Pratt city council to go for it!
sheila

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

Businesses in Newton are suffering due to the ban. Several are just disregarding the ban and getting attorneys to fight back.
Naturally, Applebees, is not suffering. Resturants show the least damage due to bans. In and out. It's where people go to hang out and socialize, bars, bingo, bowling, that get slammed the worst.
AJK

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2009

I am originally from Newton and return there on leave at least one month out of the year. I am currently an avid smoker. While it does inconveniece myself to stand so many feet away from a door, I believe it is in the best interest of the people of Newton as a whole. There are many people who are completely disgusted by the sight of smokers and I understand that. I gladly remove myself from a group of non-smokers in order not to offend them. The problem I believe is that non-smokers do not make any accomidations for those that do. I will be turning 21 soon and will be back in Newton and I do not agree that I cannot have a smoke with my first acoholic beverage in the states. I believe that smoking in bars and clubs should be left up to the actual facility. But once again I state that I am willing to deal with walking 50 or so feet to have my cigarettes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Newton Discussions

Search the Newton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KS Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutio... (Oct '10) Tue jefffry helms 5,752
Carl J. Rans Feb '14 Marjorie Rans Sweney 1
KS Kansas Voting Disqualification Amendment - Ment... (Oct '10) Feb '14 Modern Human 199
Some Kansas GOP lawmakers would rather religiou... Feb '14 A New Day 1
KS Who do you support for Governor in Kansas in 2010? (Oct '10) Feb '14 livin on a prayer 690
KS Who do you support for Attorney General in Kans... (Oct '10) Feb '14 The Kangaroo 174
supppsoed profit Dave Hammar (Oct '12) Jan '14 HelpUGOaway 11
•••
•••
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••