|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Been gone on vacation but back to see the clowns are still at it. Chilli J, if you worked 10 - 12 hrs a day it would be in a bar bent over a drink. The work involved would be the lifting of that drink to your fat lips.
More sweeping assumptions and generalizations about and labelling of me, a guy who doesn't politically goose step with you and your fellow CONs? LOL I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to study hard and work hard to succeed. I continue to work hard to stay on top. I'll hope for the best, even for you angry, bitter, envious, whiny CONs. Since you appear to be projecting your own personal problems on others, I hope you kick that drinking habit!*grin*
Kangaroid

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Judged:

"If you want find the most hate filled people in america, look for a liberal lecturing other people about how important it is to not hate people for their beliefs"
Lol yup
http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/20...

“Dump Brownback ”

Since: Oct 10

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Judged:

Kangaroid wrote:
"If you want find the most hate filled people in america, look for a liberal lecturing other people about how important it is to not hate people for their beliefs"
Lol yup
The stupid, it reeks.
up yours

Coffeyville, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

NO!!!

“Dump Brownback ”

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Judged:

We need a smylie for the feeble emotional responses of the little boys here.
Get Real

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Judged:

Kangaroid wrote:
Lol yup
Find this to be true. If someone started a thread about the sun shining today Kangaroo would turn it into a race issue filled with hate.

“Dump Brownback ”

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Judged:

Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Find this to be true. If someone started a thread about the sun shining today Kangaroo would turn it into a race issue filled with hate.
Assertion is not argument. Support your position with facts or concede you are blowing smoke.

White racists feel increasingly under siege and rightfully so, for those who have been under their thumbs are no longer there and not going back there. This is difficult for them. In years past they could consider emigrating to South Africa or Rhodesia. No longer. Maybe Ganymede.

And thus we have the spectacle of American right-winger embracing Vladamir Putin these days. The American right's obsession with communism was of course based on fear, but also on envy at the extent of their totalitarian apparatus.
Get Bent

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Judged:

Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Find this to be true. If someone started a thread about... damn near anything other than feeding your fragile, childlike ego... you turn it into another excuse to lambast, harangue, and dry hump anyone you don't agree with.

Exactly how many people *are* you stalking here, anyway?

“Dump Brownback ”

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Judged:

Get Bent wrote:
<quoted text>
Find this to be true. If someone started a thread about... damn near anything other than feeding your fragile, childlike ego... you turn it into another excuse to lambast, harangue, and dry hump anyone you don't agree with.
Exactly how many people *are* you stalking here, anyway?
Again, assertion without evidence.
Get Real

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, assertion without evidence.
Evidence? All anyone has to do is go to any thread on Topix and the evidence is there, maybe you should go back and review what you have posted.
Yogi and Booboo

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

I think we should arm all bears!
We will TAKE those picinick baskets!!!

“Dump Brownback ”

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence? All anyone has to do is go to any thread on Topix and the evidence is there, maybe you should go back and review what you have posted.
In other words, you got nothin'. You think a loud mouth makes your lies believeable? It doesn't. It just reveals you as the liar and the coward that nyou are.

iif there was evidence, you could post it. since there's not, you like and huff and puff like the weak willed little whining titty baby that you are.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

Another firearm extremist, kills an unarmed innocent minor in FL. This time because, by the shooter's own admission, he didn't like the kid's taste in music, or the volume at which the unarmed kid chose to play it.

The "Castle Doctrine" is bad law, because it allows the angry, paranoid, scared, spineless firearm extremist to decide that day if he feels like murdering an unarmed innocent, anytime, anywhere, for any reason.

Bad legislation like these "Stand Your Ground" Laws were created by the NRA and they create bad outcomes like this one. Leaving shoot to kill decisions to shooters is just asking them to shoot first and lie later.

The shooter was such a model citizen that he "forgot" to talk to the PD until he learned that they had his tag number. Then, during the trial, neither the PD, nor his girlfriend corroborated his self-serving testimony.

http://politix.topix.com/story/10467-outrage-...
Jay Armstrong

Fort Scott, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Judged:

Chilli J,

There will always be individual, anecdotal, extreme cases of firearms misused, and my heart goes out to any innocent victims and their loved ones. But, overall, most people in the US are safer and better served by guaranteeing the fundamental right to bear arms.

The foundations of the "Castle Doctrine" and "Stand your Ground" have their roots in pre-Revolutionary War times when the British tried to prevent colonists from protecting their families and homes.

Then, as now, individual citizens cannot rely solely upon armed law enforcement agencies or the military to adequately protect them from all threats, nor can they be confident that firearms in the hands of criminals, the military and law enforcement will never be misused.

Ask your local law enforcement agency (rural, major city, etc) how quickly they can guarantee responding to an armed break in, robbery, rape, etc.

Britain, for example, bans firearms for its citizens. Consider the attempted beheading of British soldier, Lee Rigby, after he was run over by two Islamic extremists and lay helpless.

My primary residence is in Texas. I can pretty much guarantee that, had someone there tried to chop off the head of a pedestrian hit by a car, the outcome would have been very different and better, at least for the pedestrian.

There are tens of thousands of violent, well armed gang members in Texas, many with ties to drug rings. I understand some of them use hand grenades and have portable rockets, etc. Their reach goes to Kansas and well beyond.

Seriously, I would like to know what you would do if a couple of drug addicts or gang members with handguns tried to carjack you and your loved ones.
Fear For Sale

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Judged:

"Mr. Armstrong" (or whatever your name happens to be)...

First, you write:

"There will always be individual, anecdotal, extreme cases of firearms misused, and my heart goes out to any innocent victims and their loved ones. But, overall, most people in the US are safer and better served by guaranteeing the fundamental right to bear arms."

Okay. And then following your little history lesson, you conclude with:

"There are tens of thousands of violent, well armed gang members in Texas, many with ties to drug rings. I understand some of them use hand grenades and have portable rockets, etc. Their reach goes to Kansas and well beyond.

"Seriously, I would like to know what you would do if a couple of drug addicts or gang members with handguns tried to carjack you and your loved ones."

So... you acknowledge these "individual, anecdotal, extreme" cases... while residing in a state where drug gangs walk around with individual arsenals (sometimes "extreme," sometimes not)... a place where, to believe the picture you paint, carjackings and beheadings are rampant, frequent, everyday occurrences (read:*not* "anecdotal," *not* "extreme").

This is very, very typical of extremist, theocratic partisant hackery, as practiced by the Fringe Right. You peddle the same product as the National Rifle Association: fear.

Only when people are engulfed, dripping with fear... will the go out to load up on firearms, ammunition, assault weapons, etc.(We can save that whole childish "Is there really such a thing as an 'assault weapon?' " debate for another time. Or we can just scroll back to one of the other two dozen times it was debated in this thread.)

Sadly, this strategy has been practiced by the NRA and gun manufacturers for decades. Anytime a Democratic president is elected, the Fear Factory goes into overdrive. "Buy your guns now, before the guhv-mint kicks down your door, takes all your guns, shoots your wife and daughter, rapes your dog (or shoots the dog and rapes the womenfolk? I can never keep up!), milks your cows, burns down your house, leaves the toilet seat up, and puts toilet paper on the roll the wrong way!"

The fear is sold... gobbled up by those foolish enough to buy it... and the Democratic president is voted out, or terms out... and everyone now has more guns in their closet than they started with... the guhv-mint never having knocked on their door with no more intent than to take a census.

So... which is it? It seems to me that certain shootings, mass shootings, criminal activities etc. are "extreme" and "individual" and "anecdotal"... when they fail to help you market your fear.

Sorry... but I'm just not buying it.:)

P.S. This is the part where you respond with (semi-)fictionalized accounts of your military service, law enforcement experience etc. in a desperate effort to boost your credibility on this issue. ;)
guns and ganja

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Judged:

Keep gun laws as they are. Don`t change anything. Then legalize marijuana for medicinal and recreational use. Use the Farm Bill to start growing hemp. Watch crime and unemployment and the deficit go down. The best bipartisan compromise that could ever happen. This is doable , Americans unite for common sense.

“Dump Brownback ”

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Judged:

guns and ganja wrote:
Keep gun laws as they are. Don`t change anything. Then legalize marijuana for medicinal and recreational use. Use the Farm Bill to start growing hemp. Watch crime and unemployment and the deficit go down. The best bipartisan compromise that could ever happen. This is doable , Americans unite for common sense.
I could agree in whole as long as we also get summary execution of white scum who execute black teenagers with their private firearms like Zimmerman and the other one by black volunteers using their bare hands. Put Zim naked in the center of the arena then admit fifty naked Brothers slowly while a staccato beat is played on oil drums. Oh, the beauty of such a sublime event. That it would strike terror in the hearts of scum like Jerry makes it all the more delicious.
Rocks

Belton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Judged:

The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
I could agree in whole as long as we also get summary execution of white scum who execute black teenagers with their private firearms like Zimmerman and the other one by black volunteers using their bare hands. Put Zim naked in the center of the arena then admit fifty naked Brothers slowly while a staccato beat is played on oil drums. Oh, the beauty of such a sublime event. That it would strike terror in the hearts of scum like Jerry makes it all the more delicious.
Ahh look it made a poopie.
Ralphy

Milford, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Judged:

The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
The usual gay leanings of the roo. And what did the court rule on Zimmerman?? You would have voted for Barney Frank if you lived in his state.

“Dump Brownback ”

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Judged:

Ralphy wrote:
<quoted text> The usual gay leanings of the roo. And what did the court rule on Zimmerman?? You would have voted for Barney Frank if you lived in his state.
Barn's from Massachusetts, genius.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Newton Discussions

Search the Newton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KS Who do you favor in the Kansas governor's race? Jul 26 what 140
Victims of John Durman speak out after North Ne... May '14 Adrian Pardoe 1
rentals in towanda May '14 just a girl 1
Carl J. Rans Feb '14 Marjorie Rans Sweney 1
KS Kansas Voting Disqualification Amendment - Ment... (Oct '10) Feb '14 Modern Human 199
Some Kansas GOP lawmakers would rather religiou... Feb '14 A New Day 1
KS Who do you support for Governor in Kansas in 2010? (Oct '10) Feb '14 livin on a prayer 690
•••
•••
•••
•••

Newton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Newton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••