created by: CitizenTopix | Oct 7, 2010

Kansas

3,410 votes

Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutional Amendment Question 1

Click on an option to vote

  • Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain below)
Comments
4,981 - 5,000 of 6,001 Comments Last updated Thursday Aug 7
Sammi

Lake Orion, MI

#5196 Apr 4, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, instead you should have to get your head examined. Buying a gun for an 11 y/o sounds pretty disgusting. Why not buy her a quart of Jim beam and a stripper pole while you're at it?
<quoted text>
I'll leave that to the experts.
<quoted text>
That's not what responses to mass murders are saying. I suppose your "less than two seconds" figure is accurate if the assailant is a Super Marine or something. Doesn't sound like that describes Lanza, the Newtown mass murderer.
<quoted text>
If you consider a minor inconvenience to be an attack, sure.
If criminals are apprehended alive, their noncompliance with reasonable gun laws are additional things prosecutors can charge them with.
Your whine would make sense if there was a reasonable argument to not inconvenience you a little to prevent children from dying.
AMEN roo!!!
seriously

Houston, MO

#5198 Apr 6, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
More NRA scarespeak buzzwords. "UN Small Arms Treaty." Why in the World would any firearm extremist here think that we'd ever agree to abide by it or why any of you would believe any non-firearm extremist politician could get legislation passed that would ban all firearms? Angry, scared little firearm extremists! Pretend like you've got a pair, will ya?
You are just an idiot pussseeeee. Go troll somewhere else. LMAO
popo

Wichita, KS

#5199 Apr 6, 2013
I broke that birdbath for you cause I knew you hated it, cause we're the same. I hate that thing too. A stork, wrapped around a tree branch, that's the stupidest thing I've ever seen before. You know that's how the plague started, back in the day. It was from a little disgusting birdbath in someone's backyard that rats some made sex to birds in it and created a whole new type of AIDS.
Dopey

Olathe, KS

#5200 Apr 6, 2013
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just an idiot pussseeeee. Go troll somewhere else. LMAO
Amen!

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#5201 Apr 6, 2013
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just an idiot pussseeeee. Go troll somewhere else. LMAO
So name calling makes you all big and bad? LOL I post where I want to and, within reason, post what I want to. I get it! You firearm extremists need to have a human killing machine in your hands to feel like you're tough. You're still not. You're sad, scared little guys who are an embarrassment to us sporting firearm enthusiasts! I pity you, pooky!:)
Bjx

Wichita, KS

#5202 Apr 6, 2013
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just an idiot pussseeeee. Go troll somewhere else. LMAO
I like Justin timberlake
Three Hole

Olathe, KS

#5203 Apr 7, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
So name calling makes you all big and bad? LOL I post where I want to and, within reason, post what I want to. I get it! You firearm extremists need to have a human killing machine in your hands to feel like you're tough. You're still not. You're sad, scared little guys who are an embarrassment to us sporting firearm enthusiasts! I pity you, pooky!:)
Troll enthusiast.
Gregg Tomlinson

Los Angeles, CA

#5205 Apr 15, 2013
Why are "gun owners" so paranoid of 'home invasions'? Is that what you REALLY ask??? As a recently moved resident of Los Angeles, California, all I can say is that you are one UNINFORMED Country Bumpkin. Ever talk to a survivor of a home invasion? That's OK, neither has anyone else.......cause there AIN'T NONE dip-shit!!!

Home invasions started with the interjection of Asian gangs. There M.O. is very simple: KILL every living thing, and then take what you want. Their weapons of choice: SEMI-AUTO SHOTGUNS, and FULLY AUTO AK 47's. They prey on neighborhoods where they KNOW people are too afraid to "rat-them-out"...for fear of retaliation.

Now, Mr know-it-all, how long before they move into other neighborhoods??? Care to bet your life on it? We thought the same thing...until they started moving into WHITE neighborhoods.

With a Police response time of 7 min.(which is GREAT)....you and your family have been DEAD for FIVE MINUTES! These guys freakin' BLOW & GO dude!!! They're light, fast, armed to the teeth, and work in teams of four...plus a driver waiting in a vehicle outside.

The ONLY remote defense is: a LARGE dog (to slow them down outside), plus a SMALL dog to RAISE HELL inside the house (awakening owners), then a VERY WELL ARMED FAMILY that can guard ALL perimeters and TAKE DOWN ANY ONE who attempts to enter.

Hope this helps. And I sincerely hope YOU "grow-up" powder-puff, and get out of your 'bubble'.

“Dump Brownback ”

Since: Oct 10

Junction City KS

#5206 Apr 16, 2013
Gregg Tomlinson wrote:
Why are "gun owners" so paranoid of 'home invasions'? Is that what you REALLY ask??? As a recently moved resident of Los Angeles, California, all I can say is that you are one UNINFORMED Country Bumpkin. Ever talk to a survivor of a home invasion? That's OK, neither has anyone else.......cause there AIN'T NONE dip-shit!!!
Home invasions started with the interjection of Asian gangs. There M.O. is very simple: KILL every living thing, and then take what you want. Their weapons of choice: SEMI-AUTO SHOTGUNS, and FULLY AUTO AK 47's. They prey on neighborhoods where they KNOW people are too afraid to "rat-them-out"...for fear of retaliation.
Now, Mr know-it-all, how long before they move into other neighborhoods??? Care to bet your life on it? We thought the same thing...until they started moving into WHITE neighborhoods.
With a Police response time of 7 min.(which is GREAT)....you and your family have been DEAD for FIVE MINUTES! These guys freakin' BLOW & GO dude!!! They're light, fast, armed to the teeth, and work in teams of four...plus a driver waiting in a vehicle outside.
The ONLY remote defense is: a LARGE dog (to slow them down outside), plus a SMALL dog to RAISE HELL inside the house (awakening owners), then a VERY WELL ARMED FAMILY that can guard ALL perimeters and TAKE DOWN ANY ONE who attempts to enter.
Hope this helps. And I sincerely hope YOU "grow-up" powder-puff, and get out of your 'bubble'.
Gregg, how many times have you, your family members, or your neighbors been victimized by home invasion attacks?

The enthusiasm you express above show well all that is wrong with your paranoid fantasies. If Juction City was having, say, five home invasion attacks a night, a position like yours would be quite reasonable. Since home invasion attacks are, however, about as rare as eclipses of the sun and the moon your position is not unlike that of the poor asses who bought fallout shelters in the 1960s. IOW, you've been punked by grifters like the NRA and the gun store selling you crap you don't need because of your concern over your vulnerable manhood.
TheCataclysmicAb yss

Shawnee, KS

#5207 Apr 16, 2013
It only takes one time to lose your life. It's of little interest how "unreasonable" you think it is. Your safety is your responsibility, the police are not your babysitter. As I've read through some of these comments, I saw you claimed no one has been able to articulate the necessity of particular firearms or magazines that exceed a certain capacity. Your demand for a sound argument is made through fallacious appeals to emotion that delineate the anti-gun position. To say, through inductive reasoning, it's viable to give up your means for adequate defense because the probability of needing it is seemingly remote is absolutely asinine. Especially when you are talking about something that could potentially end your life. Firearms cannot function by themselves, and no amount of frivolous gun laws are going to prevent a motivated person from getting a firearm and killing people, or killing people with some other tool. The only thing such legislation accomplishes is punishing law abiding citizens. Violent people exist, and until we address the causation of incipient criminal behavior, we will not see an improvement. I understand the need for a solution, but forcing citizens to be waiting victims is not the path we need to take. A firearm is simply a tool, nothing more. If a child marks on a wall with a crayon, the proper course of action is to address the issue of that child through education and discipline. The wrong course of action would be to take crayons from all the children in the neighborhood, with the idea that if the child didn't have that crayon the wall would be fine. That does nothing to fix the issue which was the action, not the utensil, and there will always be another item that can be used to mark on the wall. Hold criminals responsible for their actions and stop wiping the blood from their hands and splashing it on inanimate objects. The fact that the criminal element can't effectively be controlled does not justify seeking out a scapegoat to control as a substitute.

“Dump Brownback ”

Since: Oct 10

Junction City KS

#5208 Apr 16, 2013
TheCataclysmicAbyss wrote:
To say, through inductive reasoning, it's viable to give up your means for adequate defense because the probability of needing it is seemingly remote is absolutely asinine.
Oh, really? What do you do to protect yourself from rape by North Korean elite troops, because, God knows, no matter how remote the possibility, it is certainly within the realm of the possible that they will land by parachute in the field across from your house and bust in the door because on the Pyongjiang social networks yours is the most desirable keister in the world. So you must have electrodes attached to your rectum that have identification software for the kim chee smell on their farts, by your paranoid schizophrenic logic.
Especially when you are talking about something that could potentially end your life.
You could get trampled by a buffalo stampede too but I don't see you advocating for cattle guards to be installed before your hermitage.
Firearms cannot function by themselves, and no amount of frivolous gun laws are going to prevent a motivated person from getting a firearm and killing people, or killing people with some other tool.
Maybe, maybe not. If guns were not so readily available from stores that proclaim "Guns! Guns! Guns!" just like tiddy bars proclaim "Girls! Girls! Girls!" perhaps they'd lose whatever motivation they had. considering the type of loser-slackers who are committing mass murder with toys that spoiled brats like you demand be available to anybody and everybody with no questuions asked, it's even more likely.
The only thing such legislation accomplishes is punishing law abiding citizens.
How so? Does not having meat inspected so they get e coli similarly "punish" them?

What do "law-abiding citizens" need with assault rifles? Those who want them may be technically "law-abiding" but they are not good citizens if they want them.
Violent people exist, and until we address the causation of incipient criminal behavior, we will not see an improvement.
Agreed in the general sense. A fascination with firearms is definitely an aspect of "incipient criminal behavior".
I understand the need for a solution, but forcing citizens to be waiting victims is not the path we need to take.
That is what you do with your silly demand that nothing be done to take firearms out of the hands of those who would use them for ill.
A firearm is simply a tool, nothing more. If a child marks on a wall with a crayon, the proper course of action is to address the issue of that child through education and discipline. The wrong course of action would be to take crayons from all the children in the neighborhood, with the idea that if the child didn't have that crayon the wall would be fine. That does nothing to fix the issue which was the action, not the utensil, and there will always be another item that can be used to mark on the wall. Hold criminals responsible for their actions and stop wiping the blood from their hands and splashing it on inanimate objects. The fact that the criminal element can't effectively be controlled does not justify seeking out a scapegoat to control as a substitute.
If crayons were routinely used to kill you'd have a point. Instead all you offer is silly whining, typical of those arrested development cases queer for their toys like you.
Bud

Garden City, MO

#5209 Apr 16, 2013
Gregg Tomlinson wrote:
and FULLY AUTO
Ooh full auto. My grandma's got one of those.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#5210 Apr 16, 2013
More whiny firearm extremists! My favorites are the guys who say: "Sure, angry, emotionally and mentally disturbed fellow firearm extremists are now routinely murdering babies with human-killing firearms, so our current firearm Regs. just don't work.

But none of them babies murdered, so far, were mine and I'm pretty sure I can be everywhere all the time, to protect 'em, so let's not change the Regs." Your own selfish insecurity overrides the murdered babies' safety? You should be ashamed, dudes!
TheCataclysmicAb yss

Shawnee, KS

#5211 Apr 16, 2013
That's about the ad hominem filled response I expected. I would suggest looking into the subject, from the mindless drivel in your reply it is quite apparent you are seriously misinformed about the topic. Judging by the infantile name-calling, maybe you should ask an adult. I have no interest in a "debate" with a media parrot
gunowner

United States

#5212 Apr 16, 2013
TheCataclysmicAbyss wrote:
That's about the ad hominem filled response I expected. I would suggest looking into the subject, from the mindless drivel in your reply it is quite apparent you are seriously misinformed about the topic. Judging by the infantile name-calling, maybe you should ask an adult. I have no interest in a "debate" with a media parrot
good luck getting a logical debate on this forum, and as for them actually looking up the facts...... They watch to much CNN and hope and pray the clueless government will save them.
The debate isn't over background checks U don't have any issue with doing one every time I buy a new gun for my collection. My problem is with the government thinking that putting more laws and restrictions on legal law abiding gun owners will solve anything. Impose the current laws and prosecute criminals. But that probably makes to much sense to those who are dependent on the federal government.

“Dump Brownback ”

Since: Oct 10

Junction City KS

#5213 Apr 16, 2013
gunowner wrote:
<quoted text> good luck getting a logical debate on this forum, and as for them actually looking up the facts...... They watch to much CNN and hope and pray the clueless government will save them.
You talkin' to me, you simpering little worm? I have no illusion "government" or anyone else will "save" me (from what, you don't say, because apparently you're under the illusion there is something from which I need saving). As Jimmy Carter said, "the people get the government they deserve," and considering how we have so many stupid people like you we'll always be dealing with messes like these. Such is life.
The debate isn't over background checks U don't have any issue with doing one every time I buy a new gun for my collection. My problem is with the government thinking that putting more laws and restrictions on legal law abiding gun owners will solve anything.
Wanna bet? When reasonable gun restrictions exist, those who commit mass murder don't bother to apply to purchas guns because they know they will be turned down. If that causes a problem for whiny little tiddy babies like you, so much the better. If it causes a heartache for an idiot gunfag like you, wonderful. You are too stupid to own guns anyway.
Impose the current laws and prosecute criminals.
Oh, really? Which ones? This shibboleth from gun marketing grifters like NRa is utterly meaningless. You have to catch the criminals first, and the crimnals' lobbies like the NRA don't want that because they're too busy selling toys to clowns like you with manhood issues.
But that probably makes to much sense to those who are dependent on the federal government.
Oh, really, you coward? Who paved the roads in your county? I bet you get military retirement or something like it. If not in your immediate family there's going to be someone on social security or whatnot.
gunowner

United States

#5214 Apr 16, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
You talkin' to me, you simpering little worm? I have no illusion "government" or anyone else will "save" me (from what, you don't say, because apparently you're under the illusion there is something from which I need saving). As Jimmy Carter said, "the people get the government they deserve," and considering how we have so many stupid people like you we'll always be dealing with messes like these. Such is life.
<quoted text>
Wanna bet? When reasonable gun restrictions exist, those who commit mass murder don't bother to apply to purchas guns because they know they will be turned down. If that causes a problem for whiny little tiddy babies like you, so much the better. If it causes a heartache for an idiot gunfag like you, wonderful. You are too stupid to own guns anyway.
<quoted text>
Oh, really? Which ones? This shibboleth from gun marketing grifters like NRa is utterly meaningless. You have to catch the criminals first, and the crimnals' lobbies like the NRA don't want that because they're too busy selling toys to clowns like you with manhood issues.
<quoted text>
Oh, really, you coward? Who paved the roads in your county? I bet you get military retirement or something like it. If not in your immediate family there's going to be someone on social security or whatnot.
Really, all this from a person who doesn't have an original thought of his own.
Like I said before if you cannot answer a simple question with your own opinion instead of "I'll leave it to the experts" then nothing you say carries any weight.
Also like I said before with all the name calling you like to do, Grow up and let me know when you're ready to have an adult conversation.
Bud

Garden City, MO

#5215 Apr 16, 2013
gunowner wrote:
<quoted text> good luck getting a logical debate on this forum, and as for them actually looking up the facts ... too much CNN hope and pray the clueless government will save them ... more laws and restrictions ... makes sense to those who are dependent on the federal government.
Agreed, spot on, nice.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#5216 Apr 16, 2013
Hypocrites much, firearm extremists? You insist we MUST maintain the status quo with ineffective, lax firearm Regs. now in place But the firearm status quo just isn't working for us reasoning adults.

Our firearm Regs. have enabled firearm extremists to commit one escalating murder of innocents after another. You offer no reasonable alternatives, so it's time for grown ups to offer them to you.

Will anyone take away my or your sporting firearms? No. Nobody needs semi-auto firearms or high-count magazines for "self-defense". It's time for you scared little guys to grow up and give them up.
TheCataclysmicAb yss

Shawnee, KS

#5217 Apr 16, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
Hypocrites much, firearm extremists? You insist we MUST maintain the status quo with ineffective, lax firearm Regs. now in place But the firearm status quo just isn't working for us reasoning adults.
Our firearm Regs. have enabled firearm extremists to commit one escalating murder of innocents after another. You offer no reasonable alternatives, so it's time for grown ups to offer them to you.
Will anyone take away my or your sporting firearms? No. Nobody needs semi-auto firearms or high-count magazines for "self-defense". It's time for you scared little guys to grow up and give them up.
Yes I'm sure the criminals will be the first to turn their firearms in. The stupidity is mind blowing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KS Kansas Voting Disqualification Amendment - Ment... (Oct '10) 4 min DC master tech 221
KS Who do you favor in the Kansas governor's race? 1 hr The Kangaroo 197
Debate: Immigrants & K-12 - Newton, KS Aug 6 JB Lehman 1
Victims of John Durman speak out after North Ne... May '14 Adrian Pardoe 1
rentals in towanda May '14 just a girl 1
Carl J. Rans (Feb '14) Feb '14 Marjorie Rans Sweney 1
Some Kansas GOP lawmakers would rather religiou... (Feb '14) Feb '14 A New Day 1
•••
•••
•••

Newton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Newton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Newton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Newton
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••