Ray Travis gets 10 years in prison fo...

Ray Travis gets 10 years in prison for involvement in Pittman murder

There are 43 comments on the Newton Daily News story from Aug 19, 2008, titled Ray Travis gets 10 years in prison for involvement in Pittman murder. In it, Newton Daily News reports that:

Newton resident Ray Robert Travis, who pleaded guilty to a reduced charge in the October 2007 stabbing death of 19-year-old Jerry Alden Pittman II, will spend at least seven years in prison before he is ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newton Daily News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Nugget

Rosamond, CA

#1 Sep 22, 2008
This disgusting excuse for a man, gets 10 years in prison! How appalling! He should rot right along with Tyler Oberhart and Justin Robuck. The same goes for Mishana Cornejo (the sober driver) and Courtney Hummel (the pig that handed the murder weapon to Tyler Oberhart)!
Absolutely Sickened

West Des Moines, IA

#2 Sep 24, 2008
I agree with you Nugget. In less than 10 years Ray Travis will be out of prison and will be someone's neighbor. What a scary thought.. In a year Courtney Hummel will be out of jail and will be able to hand over another murder weapon to another murderer. Courtney's hands are as bloody as Tyler Oberharts and Justin Robucks. Mishana Cornejo will also serve only a year before getting out to have the opportunity to drive murderers to and from another murder scene.. I am ABSOLUTELY SICKENED by all of this.
Deadsy88

Oklahoma City, OK

#3 Feb 12, 2009
We, as a society need to wake up and realize that this antiquated justice system no longer works! It lines the pockets of judges and lawers alike while the true victims are victimized a second time by a system that in all reality perpatrates crimes daily itself by not fully carrying-out even the smallest of penalties.
I say adopt other countrys stances on crime if you understand what I am saying.
In China these SCUMBAGS would not be waiting around for their Pre-Parole in their cable T.V. ready cells!!!
Their corpses would be the bad smell in the woods! And no, I am not saying turn into a comunist country for all the Libs. I am just saying we as a society need to become much tougher on all crime period!
Zeke

Nashville, TN

#4 Feb 17, 2009
Deadsy88 wrote:
We, as a society need to wake up and realize that this antiquated justice system no longer works! It lines the pockets of judges and lawers alike while the true victims are victimized a second time by a system that in all reality perpatrates crimes daily itself by not fully carrying-out even the smallest of penalties.
I say adopt other countrys stances on crime if you understand what I am saying.
In China these SCUMBAGS would not be waiting around for their Pre-Parole in their cable T.V. ready cells!!!
Their corpses would be the bad smell in the woods! And no, I am not saying turn into a comunist country for all the Libs. I am just saying we as a society need to become much tougher on all crime period!
" We, as a society need to wake up and realize that this antiquated justice system no longer works! It lines the pockets of judges and lawers alike while the true victims are victimized a second time by a system that in all reality perpatrates crimes daily itself " It dam sho does. Look at these victims of this broken system http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Zeke

Nashville, TN

#5 Feb 17, 2009
Nugget wrote:
This disgusting excuse for a man, gets 10 years in prison! How appalling! He should rot right along with Tyler Oberhart and Justin Robuck. The same goes for Mishana Cornejo (the sober driver) and Courtney Hummel (the pig that handed the murder weapon to Tyler Oberhart)!
" This disgusting excuse for a man, gets 10 years in prison! " Want ot see disgusting? Lokk at the case of " shotgun " Mary Winkler, she only served five months in a cushy mental hospital and has only a few years left to serve of the probation a Tennessee judge gave her.
Ashley

Morris, IL

#6 May 26, 2009
Ray travis is someones friend and son. you wouldnt be talkin that way if it was your child or your best friend. i understand what happened was wrong. but honestly if it was you on the end of things and it was your child or your best friend you wouldnt be talkin so much crap. maybe peolpe she go to jail for being dicks too, you dont think that people are hurting because of this? have some respect, its bad enought that it happened and you have to go around and slander it even more. How dare you!! you feel our pain then you talk shit.
oscar

West Des Moines, IA

#7 Jun 4, 2009
Hey Ashley, when you feel the pain Jerry felt while he was being beaten and stabbed to death by those evil monsters maybe someone will give a crap about what you have to say.Until then,shut your cake hole!!!! P.S.ANYBODY who supports murder is wrong !
amanda friedson

Waterloo, IA

#8 Jun 6, 2009
Hey Mishana and Kourtney... I'm just sending some love. You aren't evil monsters and these haters find more to do with their time grow up, I'll still be here sending my love. Wow, something is wrong with the water in Newton. I guess when you swing knives at other people and try to be tough, ya just might get stabbed, eh? You guys have more than done your time and I wish someone would say something to MY face about you two in a shady manner cause I got your back. I love you guys and you should blow off these crap hater comments and ditch that loser town.
MUCH LOVE
amanda friedson

Waterloo, IA

#9 Jun 6, 2009
ANYONE WHO SUPPORTS CONDESCENDING IDIOTS WHO DON'T KNOW THE WHOLE STORY IS WRONG!!! PS. PS. WHO THE FUCK IS STILL TALKING ABOUT THIS CRAP ANYWAY... DO YOU PEOPLE HAVE NO LIFE? SOME OF YOU RETARDS AREN'T EVEN FROM IOWA SO WORRY ABOUT YOUR OWN STATE AND STOP PRETENDING TO SAVE THE WORLD. DON'T PERPETRATE THE FRAUD!! WE LOVE YOU KOURTNEY AND MISHANA!! KEEP YOUR HEADS UP AND BRUSH YOUR SHOULDERS OFF!!!
amanda friedson

Waterloo, IA

#10 Jun 6, 2009
YEA, THIS PERSON OBVIOUSLY HAS NO LIFE. HEHE... SO SAD!!
Nugget

Rosamond, CA

#11 Aug 3, 2009
Yeah, obviously Jerry has no life. Moron! If you were in court you would have heard Tyler Oberhart telling DCI AGENTS not once but three times that Jerry did not have a knife. You also would have heard that Courtney Hummel handed Tyler one of the knives used to MURDER Jerry. So, your comment above about Jerry swinging a knife is B.S.
It just goes to show what type of person you are to try and justify your "friends" actions.
P.S. I do know the whole story. Every last drop of it. I'm related to Jerry.
JUST DOWN THE STREET

Charles City, IA

#12 Aug 5, 2009
It's sad that they chose to ruin there lives all over some "grass".....You have one kid dead and 4 others that will have no life all becouse they were to stupid to think about there actions.....Sure shows how they were , or should I say weren't raised.......
1111888876544kkk

Indianola, IA

#13 Aug 5, 2009
I dont know who this amanda girl is but she is sticking up for worng people...Oberhart always had a temper and his whole life spent time getting into trouble...same with courtney and cornejo...those girls should be in prison for 10 years if not more...we dont want them here in newton, by them i am referring to Satan
Trent81

Newton, IA

#14 Aug 6, 2009
i was in jail with ray travis before he got sent to prison.. i think he should of got life in prison too.. he would make jokes about stabbing people while i was there with him.. talk about messed up!
JFK

Des Moines, IA

#15 Aug 8, 2009
Ray travis should spend the rest of his life in prison .He was beating Jerry while those other monsters were stabbing him. Those words came straight from his mouth in the courtroom.Courtney Hummel and Mishana Cornejo should spend the rest of their lives in prison as well.While on the witness stand Courtney Hummel stated that she gave Tyler Oberhart the knife when he got out of the car.Moments later he used that knife to murder Jerry.Mishana Cornejo was the driver to and from the scene of the crime.She testified that she knew Justin Robuck had a "sweet new butterfly knife"[her words]in his pocket.They all got off with less than a slap on the wrist.It sounds like this "amanda" is just as sick and twisted and riddled with evil as they are !She supports murder!
jimmy

Newton, IA

#16 Oct 19, 2009
all of them will burn in hell anyways so who give two shits about any of them. amanda you're probably a white trash ho. so go hang yourself and hopefully your friends will too while they're in jail.
JFJ

Des Moines, IA

#17 Nov 2, 2009
Right on Jimmy !
Foust

Des Moines, IA

#18 Jan 29, 2010
im sticking up for amanda, courtney, ray, and mishana. They are good people who were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. No amanda doesnt support murder but courtney, ray, and mishana didnt murder anyone. its really sad to hear this news. Maybe its time to legalize marijuana and end this bull shit violence. Plus Jerry obviously had some problems him self for using drugs and he should know that when you do stuff like this and you fuck someone out of money that there will be consequences. He just decided to fuck over the wrong person and look what happened. I am not justifying murder but i am saying that when you mess with illegal drugs and you start fucking people than trouble always follows and this case it was murder. My sympathy goes out to everyone in this crime including the families. I myself have lost a brother so i know how hard it is on families.
JFJ

United States

#19 May 22, 2010
Hey Foust, You don't know any of the real details of this case. Ray Travis did participate in a murder. He beat the victim in the head while Oberhart was sitting on him and stabbing him,Robuck was busy holding the victims legs down and stabbing him . Ray Travis was given a deal in exchange for his testimony.Autopsy report reveals head wounds from the weapon Ray Travis used. Courtney and Mishana Knew what these people were up to and encouraged it .Courtney Hummel Provided Oberhart with his murder weapon .Supporting any of these people is supporting murder .Good people don't do what these people did.The Amanda person is probably just some piece of trash these evil monsters met in jail.
mrsallison

Dubuque, IA

#20 May 23, 2010
i knew ray and tyler personally they were almost always hateful unless they wanted u to get them weed im glad they are behind bars although for the crime they commited i think they should rot in hell

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It's that time again.... (Oct '14) 13 hr Rebel Fighter 2
News Your 2 Cents' Worth Submit brief anonymous comm... (Jul '09) Jul 11 Victim Side 177
News Rivals rip Clinton's use of planted questions - (Nov '07) May '15 RayOne 120
Maytag Corporation Sucks (Mar '07) May '15 Chris 77
supino free to brag about muders Feb '15 revenge 1
Eric Carter (Nov '14) Dec '14 Sindy 3
Brett Daughtrey (Jul '10) Nov '14 bigmouth 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newton Mortgages