Oberhart receives formal sentence to ...

Oberhart receives formal sentence to life in prison

There are 4 comments on the Newton Daily News story from Nov 1, 2008, titled Oberhart receives formal sentence to life in prison. In it, Newton Daily News reports that:

Newton resident Tyler Ray Oberhart was formally sentenced Monday to life in prison with no chance of parole for first-degree murder in the October 2007 stabbing death of 19-year-old Jerry Alden Pittman II.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newton Daily News.

Nugget

Lancaster, CA

#1 Nov 7, 2008
Good riddance!!! You deserve the senence you got! The world is a safer place without you.
Rob Wilson Jesus

United States

#2 Nov 13, 2008
I was just locked up with Tylers bitch ass, and he told me and some other cell mates, "The only thing they have on me is stabbings in the leg. I actually stabbed him in the stomach, but nobody could prove that. I told my lawyers this in the beginning when I was all scared, and that's why they didn't put me on the stand. I'll be able to beat this on appeal."
Let me tell you what, I'm going to the District attorney in Newton or Marshalltown or wherever that bitch committed this crime, and I'm giving him the name of his cell mate and my own testimony so that cock holster doesn't get out on appeal.
Nugget

Lancaster, CA

#3 Nov 19, 2008
To, Rob Wilson Jesus
We're happy your compelled to do the right thing and contact the District Attorney's office in Newton. Hope to see some follow through on this.
P.S. Tyler's victim is a member of my family.
Foust

Westside, IA

#4 Jan 29, 2010
this is really a sad story especially when it involves a murder of an individual. My prayers go out to the families involved in this crime. I personally new some of the people involved in this crime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Your 2 Cents' Worth Submit brief anonymous comm... (Jul '09) Feb '18 tom winn 187
Maytag Corporation Sucks (Mar '07) Dec '17 Gary Hoebbel 80
News Alleged sexual assault victim describers her ni... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Dirty2 1
Baby momma drama (Feb '17) Feb '17 Confused on every... 1
News 2017 Hot Rod Power Tour Dates and Locations a "... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Quad cities crusers 1
News The Latest: Pence says Clinton should not compa... (Oct '16) Oct '16 YouDidntBuildThat 1
Some people have the nerve (May '16) Aug '16 Old man 2

Newton Jobs

Personal Finance

Newton Mortgages