Iowa baby died after being placed on ...

Iowa baby died after being placed on stove-top

There are 95 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 2, 2010, titled Iowa baby died after being placed on stove-top. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Authorities say a 5-month-old Newton boy burned to death in his car seat when the seat was placed on a glass stove top that was accidentally turned on.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Leo

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Apr 2, 2010
where were the parents!!!???????
My God!!!!!!!!
What's wrong with people!!!!??????
Tim

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Apr 2, 2010
If they had to put the kid up to keep the dog away, why not get rid of the dog. For gods sakes, where are the effin parents. They should be charged for being idiots.
Sig Sauer

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Apr 2, 2010
We really should have an IQ test before taking a baby home from the hospital. That this wasn't neglect is a disgrace! Just a sickening story all around.
Somebodys Nana

New Caney, TX

#4 Apr 2, 2010
Put the dog outside. Put the carseat in the crib. There are a hundred better alternatives to putting the baby on the stove!
Sad

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Apr 2, 2010
How incredibly sad! I agree, what's wrong with these people?

Do you not think that even if you were stupid enough to put a car seat on a stove, that you would at least be close enough to the child where you would smell something starting to burn?!?

A 5 month old baby also moves and wiggles, what if the child would have wiggled and caused the car seat to fall off the stove? I mean obviously the parents weren't close enough to the child or they would have smelt it!

How about taking the baby out of the car seat and holding the baby? Weird concept! Or how about putting the dog outside, or in a kennel, or in the basement, or locked in a room? More weird concepts!

Poor baby :(
picklesnorkie

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Apr 2, 2010
Sad....they did pay the ultimate price for their stupidity though.
You are so smart

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Apr 2, 2010
Instead of sounding so condescending, try and use your head a bit more in answering the question “What's wrong with these people?“ You state the obvious, but what good is regurgitating the facts? Give me a break.
Sad wrote:
How incredibly sad! I agree, what's wrong with these people?
Do you not think that even if you were stupid enough to put a car seat on a stove, that you would at least be close enough to the child where you would smell something starting to burn?!?
A 5 month old baby also moves and wiggles, what if the child would have wiggled and caused the car seat to fall off the stove? I mean obviously the parents weren't close enough to the child or they would have smelt it!
How about taking the baby out of the car seat and holding the baby? Weird concept! Or how about putting the dog outside, or in a kennel, or in the basement, or locked in a room? More weird concepts!
Poor baby :(
Bonnie

Redwood Falls, MN

#8 Apr 2, 2010
They should at least put the car seat on a counter not the stove! How could they not hear the baby screaming and crying in pain.
OMG

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Apr 2, 2010
What were they thinking? Poor kid didn't have a chance from the beginning.
Sad

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Apr 2, 2010
You are so smart wrote:
Instead of sounding so condescending, try and use your head a bit more in answering the question “What's wrong with these people?“ You state the obvious, but what good is regurgitating the facts? Give me a break.
<quoted text>
My apologies that I am so condescending to people that are idiots. I have no sympathy for people who put their children in harms way. What good is it for you to lash out at me? Give me a break.
Tooner

United States

#11 Apr 2, 2010
Why didn't they just put the dog in the oven?
dum dums

Cook, MN

#12 Apr 2, 2010
One less future person for the government to take care of.

Since: Feb 09

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Apr 2, 2010
OMG.. I just can't even read this story. How awful.. Poor little baby
The Big Bopper

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Apr 2, 2010
You are so smart wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a true liberal. Maybe you could get some stimulus money and do a research project?
Blah Blah Blah

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Apr 2, 2010
The dog was more important than the baby. Honestly, what kind of parent would put their baby on the stove top, regardless if they knew in their mind that nothing could possibly happen? Apparently the worse! Poor baby...
MN Sucks

Janesville, WI

#16 Apr 2, 2010
Wow after reading these comments I can see how Jesse the Body Ventura became governor of this state. it was an accident and you are reading 1 paragraph and making judgement. These people lost their child in a horrible accident and you are all calling them idiots. Karma baby...karma. You will all get yours
Jeff T in MPLS

United States

#17 Apr 2, 2010
This did not happen over a 3 minute span of time...I would be highly interested in what the parents were doing, where they were and how long they would leave a baby in a car seat up at such a height. Was there no concern the baby could rock himself off of an appliance? If the baby could rock to turn on the stove, he could rock the seat to the edge.

Too bad this is Iowa...otherwise we might get a real investigation.
Sad

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Apr 2, 2010
MN Sucks wrote:
Wow after reading these comments I can see how Jesse the Body Ventura became governor of this state. it was an accident and you are reading 1 paragraph and making judgement. These people lost their child in a horrible accident and you are all calling them idiots. Karma baby...karma. You will all get yours
Would you put your infant on a stove top? Or anything high up? Yes, probably an accident, but by people who actually thought it was okay to put their infant on a stove top.
Doobie Brother

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Apr 2, 2010
MN Sucks wrote:
It's the 2nd of the month - the Greyhound going home must have WiFi. Enjoy your check from my labor.
Maudie1979

Ocala, FL

#20 Apr 2, 2010
An accident that he burned to death...that I am sure of. I am sure that wasn't the intention when they placed him on the stove. HOWEVER...I am also sure that at some point he started to fuss and cry and them wail as babies that that age do anyways...So my main concern would be where the parents were. Obviously they were nowhere near the baby to hear him screaming (which I am 100% sure he was) or the other possibility is that they really didn't care that he was screaming and never went and checked on him. I think charges should be filed because of that fact right there. That has to be negligence of some sort or endangerment of a child wouldn't you think????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ray Travis gets 10 years in prison for involvem... (Sep '08) Jan 27 Melissa 44
Eric Carter (Nov '14) Dec '15 Wolfman Mike Bowman 4
News Trump wants to track Muslims in United States Nov '15 Asp 3
News Clinton says no email apology: 'What I did was ... Sep '15 Ho Dee Doo 42
It's that time again.... (Oct '14) Jul '15 Rebel Fighter 2
News Your 2 Cents' Worth Submit brief anonymous comm... (Jul '09) Jul '15 Victim Side 177
News Rivals rip Clinton's use of planted questions - (Nov '07) May '15 RayOne 120
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newton Mortgages