First Prev
of 8
Next Last
tngirl

United States

#1 Dec 1, 2012
anybody know who was driving the suv that hit the ohio family
Driver

Knoxville, TN

#2 Dec 1, 2012
Yes. Why do you need to know?
Thorn

Elizabethton, TN

#5 Dec 1, 2012
Per WATE the driver has been identified as Dan B. Williams, 39, of Newport.

http://www.wate.com/story/20234428/one-person...
Sooo sad

Duluth, GA

#6 Dec 1, 2012
Praying for
Both parties

This is. True tragedy. Does
Anyone know his status or the other passengers?
Wow

Faith, NC

#7 Dec 1, 2012
Where did he work?
Wondering

Knoxville, TN

#8 Dec 1, 2012
Someone had posted he is a preacher (on Facebook) does anyone know if there is any truth to that?

The driver is identified as Dan Williams 39. If so where does/did he preach?
know

Atlanta, GA

#10 Dec 1, 2012
Wondering wrote:
Someone had posted he is a preacher (on Facebook) does anyone know if there is any truth to that?
The driver is identified as Dan Williams 39. If so where does/did he preach?
Self proclaimed preacher I do believe. He is married and attends Crossroads I do believe.
Yo momma

Knoxville, TN

#11 Dec 2, 2012
He is not a preacher, does not claim to be. He does attend Crossroads. He has a wife and 2 children. It is a tragedy for all involved. He is not a bad person but has made a horrible mistake. Please show some respect for his family as well.
Wondering

Knoxville, TN

#14 Dec 2, 2012
Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously have not kept up with him since high school. Dan really settled down and has served The Lord and his church the last several years. Been very involved in missions and raising money for an orphanage in Ecuador. Yes, if the facts stated are true, he made a terrible mistake and will suffer consequences. It is terrible for both families...especially for the little girls that lost their mother. However, let he who hath no sin cast the first stone. Dan has a family that will suffer as well. Therefore, don't judge and pray for both families involved.
I remember him from school but never knew him as a druggie or drunk. It's hard for some people to pray for someone who gets drunk and drives the wrong way on the interstate and kills an innocent person but he has innocent family who are also hurting. I don't know how bad he is hurt but if he lives he being a nobody special in this town unlike others will likely spend the next few years behind bars. People are quick to throw stones but according to GOD'S WORD sin is sin and there are no big ones or little ones. It's all the same to God.

I will also add its not my family that he killed. If it were I'm sure my feelings would be more harsh and I'd be calling for his head. Just sayin.
Stone

Ontario, NY

#15 Dec 2, 2012
It is a shame that he killed the mother by being drunk and driving down the interstate the wrong way. The father and kids were hurt too, Im glad they are alive and sad for their whole family. I don't know this Dan Guy and if he has family they must be saddened to know that Dan's actions turned him into a murderer. Tragic!
Wondering

Knoxville, TN

#16 Dec 2, 2012
He does have family. A wife and kids. And a mother that I'm sure loves him no matter what. Just like you would love your kid no matter what. It is a sad situation. So many people are effected by one man's decision to pop some pills and have a few drinks and then drive.
wrath

Morristown, TN

#17 Dec 2, 2012
if he live right why was he out drunk and kill this mother has people not to know you cant get out here and drive drunk stay home its to late to say he made a mistake he knew better any body driving on wrong side of interstate i am sure he has being out all night no mistake he just didnt care now look at these childred and father should have know not to come throught cocke county if you dont get rob they will kill you because it was a mistake get real a drunk is a drunk a drug addict is worthless. this family was going onvacation. where was he going just no where. so sorry for this family
Reality

Morristown, TN

#18 Dec 2, 2012
I am a mom so I can see all sides of this. I truly feel for the family who lost their mom and am praying for them. However this man has a wife and children who are hurting. I am also praying for them. And as hard as it may be to believe I am praying for him. He did make the decision apparently to drive while impaired so yes he will have to face his consequences. But that doesn't prevent him from hurting or being sorry. I pray for everyone because we all make mistakes.
long horn

Duluth, GA

#20 Dec 2, 2012
Reality wrote:
I am a mom so I can see all sides of this. I truly feel for the family who lost their mom and am praying for them. However this man has a wife and children who are hurting. I am also praying for them. And as hard as it may be to believe I am praying for him. He did make the decision apparently to drive while impaired so yes he will have to face his consequences. But that doesn't prevent him from hurting or being sorry. I pray for everyone because we all make mistakes.
Very well said
Stone

Ontario, NY

#22 Dec 2, 2012
To Reality...you say we all make mistakes. I have never killed anyone. Accidentally or on purpose. Murder is no accident!
just proves

Kingston, TN

#23 Dec 2, 2012
do we really know what someone will do ????? we think we know someone and what they will or will not do...but is not the case.....is so so sad for all involved :(
really

Morristown, TN

#24 Dec 2, 2012
Good lord watch the video. This family was on vacation to Disney world. They are nothing left in the area of the van where the mom died, she must have been mangled or cut in half. Dan you are a selfish POS for doing this. Sad situtation.''

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/243729/2/1-d...
stewie

Johnson City, TN

#25 Dec 2, 2012
Murphys wrote:
There's extra hot place in hell for Dan B. Williams you low life sack of crap. I hope your recovery is long and very very very very painful.
If you truly feel that way, there's a place in Hell for you also.
you to

Talbott, TN

#26 Dec 2, 2012
Murphys wrote:
There's extra hot place in hell for Dan B. Williams you low life sack of crap. I hope your recovery is long and very very very very painful.
Murphy's you need to worry about your own soul. With talk and hate like this where do you think you will go. You have to watch your tongue and forgive. I pray for both families.
please

United States

#27 Dec 2, 2012
Just let the thread die it is not helping anyone.In either way. Wishing him to hell or praying for everyone. Just let this go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 12 min WTSenior 152,358
what about dcs just coming to your home (Apr '10) 3 hr constitution 123
Resturants 4 hr Starving 21
Newport Girls who trade IT for dope. (Nov '10) 6 hr Ray Gahagen 39
Janice's Restaurant 6 hr Roma 1
Deepa Gregg 7 hr seeya 11
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 8 hr qwerty 9,475

Newport Jobs

Newport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Newport News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Newport

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]