Christmas toys for kids

Christmas toys for kids

Posted in the Newport Forum

hopeless

United States

#1 Oct 26, 2012
I never ask for help with anything. If I can't buy it, I do without. Times are tougher this year and I have lost my job. I had a really good job and I attend college too. I don't even have unemployment yet but even when I pick up a new job it want be enough to cover car repairs, rent, utilities, fuel. I am buying only the bear necessities for our home needs. I want my five year old daughter to have a good Christmas, I'm trying to make a way for us but it's tough, normally family members pitch in and buy her gifts as well, but this year everyone is struggling more than ever. I don't want anyone on here bashing. I'm just a drug free mother trying to make a memorable christmas for her kid, I'm sure there are hundereds of others in my shoes. I just don't know where to go. How to start the process. Is there an application process to get signed up
Mom

White Pine, TN

#2 Oct 27, 2012
Is your child in school?
Mom

White Pine, TN

#3 Oct 27, 2012
The reason I ask is because when my kids were in elementary school in Jefferson County there was a program set up for families who were struggling during Christmas that helped parents get their children a few gifts. Also you could check out the Toys for Tots website for contact information for their local office to find out what you'll need to do to get some help. Best of luck to you and your daughter.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#4 Oct 27, 2012
Big mistake posting on here about this people are heartless u need to go thru and read some of the post concerning women wanting help with christmas. If u need help call the churches in morristown they will provide help for u and ur family. Have a great day and i hope things work out for u
:)

Newport, TN

#5 Oct 27, 2012
Yes big mistake posting on here! They started bashing people for this on here months ago!!! Go to the fire dept or somewhere else. People on here will just put you down n bash you. Their are a few people been waiting on a post like this. I can't afford much for my three kids this year but I just told them they can't get as much as they usually do. Christmas isn't about the gifts anyway.
hopeless

United States

#6 Oct 27, 2012
Yes she is in prek. People have always told me to sign her up for toys for tots but I always thought that there were children who had it worse until this year. Now by no fault of my own, I feel we are that famiy. ;( I know, I've saw the threads. I have just never been in this situation before and I don't want my daughter to suffer because of the hardened economy. I just hope a miracle happens in the next 8 weeks. I will check out the website. Thank you
sorry

Morristown, TN

#7 Oct 27, 2012
hopeless wrote:
Yes she is in prek. People have always told me to sign her up for toys for tots but I always thought that there were children who had it worse until this year. Now by no fault of my own, I feel we are that famiy. ;( I know, I've saw the threads. I have just never been in this situation before and I don't want my daughter to suffer because of the hardened economy. I just hope a miracle happens in the next 8 weeks. I will check out the website. Thank you
I'm not being rude but where are the kids grandparents, Can they not help? But like the other posters have said the places they named should help you.
rich wraga

United States

#8 Oct 27, 2012
vote for romney to make things better owebama is killing us all.its a shame we struggle to buy necessities while his family dresses and lives like they won the lottery. show that sob what unemployment is like on Nov.6
Exactly

United States

#9 Oct 27, 2012
hopeless wrote:
I never ask for help with anything. If I can't buy it, I do without. Times are tougher this year and I have lost my job. I had a really good job and I attend college too. I don't even have unemployment yet but even when I pick up a new job it want be enough to cover car repairs, rent, utilities, fuel. I am buying only the bear necessities for our home needs. I want my five year old daughter to have a good Christmas, I'm trying to make a way for us but it's tough, normally family members pitch in and buy her gifts as well, but this year everyone is struggling more than ever. I don't want anyone on here bashing. I'm just a drug free mother trying to make a memorable christmas for her kid, I'm sure there are hundereds of others in my shoes. I just don't know where to go. How to start the process. Is there an application process to get signed up
As you pointed out EVERYONE is having a tough time. You don't have to spend a bunch of money. Christmas isn't about presents anyway. Get whet you can afford and be happy with that.
:)

Newport, TN

#10 Oct 27, 2012
rich wraga wrote:
vote for romney to make things better owebama is killing us all.its a shame we struggle to buy necessities while his family dresses and lives like they won the lottery. show that sob what unemployment is like on Nov.6
Romney will be worse!!! I don't like either of em, but at least Obama has tried to help out the low income. Romney will send even the middle class to the poor house. Js
lol

United States

#11 Oct 27, 2012
[QUOTE who=":)"]<quoted text>
Romney will be worse!!! I don't like either of em, but at least Obama has tried to help out the low income. Romney will send even the middle class to the poor house. Js[/QUOTE]

There are too many people receiving handouts. This can't go on much longer. The few that are working are tired of supporting the dead beats that refuse to work. All osamer has done is enable the ones who don't want to do anything. We can't stand 4 more years of him. If he goes back in you are stuck with him forever. We will be a communist country by the end of the next 4 years are totally controlled by the muslum brotherhood.
cosbytracker

Harmony, NC

#12 Oct 27, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
There are too many people receiving handouts. This can't go on much longer. The few that are working are tired of supporting the dead beats that refuse to work. All osamer has done is enable the ones who don't want to do anything. We can't stand 4 more years of him. If he goes back in you are stuck with him forever. We will be a communist country by the end of the next 4 years are totally controlled by the muslum brotherhood.
these idiots only want a hand out they are to stupid to see beyond their next welfare check.i agree with you completely
:)

Newport, TN

#13 Oct 27, 2012
lol wrote:
[QUOTE who=":)"]<quoted text>
Romney will be worse!!! I don't like either of em, but at least Obama has tried to help out the low income. Romney will send even the middle class to the poor house. Js"

There are too many people receiving handouts. This can't go on much longer. The few that are working are tired of supporting the dead beats that refuse to work. All osamer has done is enable the ones who don't want to do anything. We can't stand 4 more years of him. If he goes back in you are stuck with him forever. We will be a communist country by the end of the next 4 years are totally controlled by the muslum brotherhood.
I work too. I don't get handouts. I'm just saying that Romney will be worse. My opinion... Neither one is a good candidate! We should have a decent person to choose from. I don't even know if I will vote for either! But Romney will bring the rich richer and everyone else will have to fend for themselves!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association Game (Feb '10) 1 hr BellaRosaLinda 352
Lawn Care Service (Mar '14) 2 hr Broke foot 8
April Stokely (Oct '10) 3 hr whatevs 35
Anyone know how to contact Andrew Shelton? (Nov '14) 3 hr proudrebelchick 18
snitches who get out of jail (Aug '10) 4 hr Just wait 35
Julia jones 5 hr omg 24
Ernie Gray???? 8 hr Friend of a friend 15

Newport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newport Mortgages