co-op busters & gamblers
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Lonzo Babbles

Knoxville, TN

#123 Jul 20, 2012
the big backer wrote:
Morgan, your big backer that was parking his big white truck at the Food City every Sat. night has changed his style and is parking his big jeep with his big lights on top for his girl friend to come by to get him every Sat. night.
Please,I ask again, what is a big backer? I once heard some farmer telling others how big his backer was. Now, I fully understood his his story but what does big backer have to do with elections?
Bon Jovi

United States

#124 Jul 21, 2012
Shuttle wrote:
This horse about the Co-Op has been beat to death. Williams "clan members" you must be slow to catch on so we'll revue one more time. For starters, the manager of a Co-Op sits in that position AT THE LEISURE OF THE BOARD. Popular vote of the board dictates a hiring/firing of a manager. That being said, Jimmy was popularly voted off his chair by the board. This is in the bi-laws. Grab a copy and read it before you make empty accusations. Secondly, the entire principal of any Co-Op is not to make a large profit. Profit has absolutely nothing to do with it. The purpose of the establishment is to create equal breaks on price between farmers large and small. Ideally, the business should make enough money to cover overhead such as equipment maintenance, utilities, employee pay/ benefits, etc..... To do this prices must be fairly priced depending on the amount of a product bought weather in a large or small quantity. This goes back to keeping it equal to large and small farms alike. Remember me saying that earlier? Ok, good. Your not bright so it's good to revue. Finally, Hensley making a profit is opposite of what the business is supposed to do. The money made was not put into building improvements, employee salary or anything else constructive for the business. He made a profit by going against principle and raising the price of items sold at the store at a mark up percentage. What's done is done. No amount of bashing the current board or manager is going to change the past. If your so passionate about the events feel free to protest at the Co-Op. Hand out Ifliers and petitions and piss and moan about how unfair things were. A person most often does get upset when their meal ticket is taken from them, but it's easier to sit behind a key board isn't it???
I heard that the coop lost a million dollars since last year.....

Charlotte, NC

#125 Jul 21, 2012
what's HEARD and what really is, is 2 different things. Rumors and financial records dictate the truth from BS

Landrum, SC

#126 Oct 29, 2013
rest of the county wrote:
<quoted text>
As I told you I am not Joyce and I have not spoken to Charles Lewis Moore in more than 2 years and don't plan to speak to him . He has hurt enough people in this county by taking their land that most people want nothing to do with him. I don't care who he is for . May be best man win.
Can you tell me how he took their land? He has bought some notes from our bank and we are worried he is trying to foreclose because our property is next to his. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
josh nease and sis franklin 2 hr BR549hh 8
Becky Mitchell 2 hr brenda 27
News English Mountain Football (Nov '08) 4 hr Playoffs 2,660
Tyler Cornett 4 hr KTR 1990 4
Meth heads 4 hr Fir Sure 13
meth houses 4 hr Hitect hillbilly 27
Buffy Accord!! 4 hr Rio 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newport Mortgages