First Prev
of 5
Next Last
HorsePucky

United States

#87 Sep 12, 2012
1truth wrote:
<quoted text>
He/she has a God given right to believe in what ever faith he wants. Calling names only makes you look bad not him/her.
This is my point republicans only believe in Freedom of Religion if it's their religion. LDS are wonderful people on a whole, I just chose not to have them running our country nor do I want any religion running our country. I think people need to know who they are voting for that's all.
1truth wrote:
<quoted text>
He/she has a God given right to believe in what ever faith he wants. Calling names only makes you look bad not him/her.
HorsePucky is a he!
1truth wrote:
<quoted text>

This is my point republicans only believe in Freedom of Religion if it's their religion.
That is an interesting statement! You believe that only republicans believe in their religion and if it is not their religion than there will be no freedom of religion ...which to me is what your statement says.
Most religion sects believe that it....meaning...you do not belong to their religion sect then you will not go to heaven. I believe there will be no religion sects (i.e. Baptists, Catholic, Mormons..etc...) in heaven! I believe that it makes no matter what religion gets you to heaven as long as you get there and Jesus will sort it out during the millennium! Let me know if I am wrong!
1truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I just chose not to have them running our country nor do I want any religion running our country.
As I remember there were similar desires (religion running our country) when a Catholic ran for president....that being JFK! As I remember he did not let his religion interfere with his duties as president!

Below is what Romney said on the subject (in 2007)..

"Almost 50 years ago another candidate from Massachusetts explained that he was an American running for president, not a Catholic running for president. Like him, I am an American running for president. I do not define my candidacy by my religion. A person should not be elected because of his faith nor should he be rejected because of his faith.

"Let me assure you that no authorities of my church, or of any other church for that matter, will ever exert influence on presidential decisions. Their authority is theirs, within the province of church affairs, and it ends where the affairs of the nation begin.
1truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I think people need to know who they are voting for that's all.
I totally agree....tis the reason the U.S. is in the mess it is today!

“Hydrogen Bomb ”

Since: Aug 10

Bikini Atoll, Marshall Islands

#88 Sep 22, 2012
Conservative

United States

#89 Sep 22, 2012
Ivoting for ROMNEY/RYAN in November.

Yeah!
Independent

United States

#90 Sep 23, 2012
Obama Medicare plan No voucher but maybe a bill
Full story: Tri-cityherald.com

It's not just the 1 percent who'll feel the pinch. And take note, baby boomers: The Medicare you get won't be quite as generous as what your parents' generation enjoys.

I wish more people would wake up and understand this entire scenario!! The Pres.,Senator's and congrees people receive a salary and free medical for life serving only one term. Fact check it. They should be required to have the same plan the people do, then you would see real change fast.
The government claims that there are too many baby boomers getting ready to retire and it's going to make the SSI system go broke. It wouldn't be going broke if the government was taking care of the money that we paid into it instead of stealing it. Once the money is paid into it, it should still be there for the baby boomers, unless some politician has stickey fingers and has his hand in the cookie jar!
I just watch CBS 60 minutes coverage of Mitt Romney and he said he will not change medicare for the present and people 55 or older, Obama plan is to cut $791 billion from medicare for seniors and the elderly.
MY MIND WAS JUST MADE UP I WILL VOTE ROMENY NOW.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Courtney lyodd (Oct '15) 5 hr lol 42
News English Mountain Football (Nov '08) 7 hr My little pony 4,677
amber hall conard 8 hr bull 1
Megan Jones (Jun '10) 9 hr Megan_Chris 51
Looking for a woman 10 hr Looking 1
James Michael Keller piece of shit 11 hr Shocked 5
Is Newport/Cocke county for sale 11 hr Wake up folks 5

Newport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance