Newport Admin Collins fired by Council

Posted in the Newport Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
byebye

Morristown, TN

#1 Mar 13, 2013
It's about time . Betwin him and that clown Herst there wasn't a truth between them. One down one to go to get us back on track and move forward to some jobs here.
GIMME A BREAK

Morristown, TN

#2 Mar 13, 2013
byebye wrote:
It's about time . Betwin him and that clown Herst there wasn't a truth between them. One down one to go to get us back on track and move forward to some jobs here.
You got that right!!! When didn this happen?
Concerned Citizen

Morristown, TN

#3 Mar 13, 2013
Its funny that one of those council members that voted him out, their vote should be invalid because they do not even live in the city limits! Its a shame that the 3 council members that voted him out only did that becuase of personal issues with him. Scott did a really good job as city administrator. People dont realize all the things that he has started and the things he worked on really has helped our town in the long run. It takes time to fix a town that was left to ruins. He was working very hard to repair and create great things for this town.
aquarius

Morristown, TN

#4 Mar 13, 2013
like what surely not that old river walk we need jobs stores like other towns, what has he done?
travis owenby

Morristown, TN

#5 Mar 13, 2013
aquarius wrote:
like what surely not that old river walk we need jobs stores like other towns, what has he done?
he was doing city business with that Knoxville attorney, what is that about
byebye

United States

#6 Mar 13, 2013
He brought one job. His wife. Who started at more salary than people who had worked for the City for ten years. Now THAT is Scott Collins. About time our Council grew some balls. Thanks Kathy and all who voted to say BYE BYE. It was past due.
Newport citizen

United States

#7 Mar 13, 2013
Byebye=Kathy Holt. Kathy quit hiding behind fake names. Everyone knows you're a Topix regular. Too bad you choose to hide behind fake names. As far as him bringing things to Newport, its the mayors job to do that, not Scott's.
spank my monkey

United States

#8 Mar 14, 2013
aquarius wrote:
river walk? I thought it was a litter box for tip browns ducks
hognut

Lexington, TN

#9 Mar 14, 2013
hmmm.....didnt fearless freddy go to bat for his niece that got fired by collins? hooray for me and to hell with you syndrome? oh yeah i forgot being an alderman is an oh so powerful position and they have different rules than other folks. vote them all out!
Just sayin

Morristown, TN

#10 Mar 14, 2013
Concerned Citizen wrote:
Its funny that one of those council members that voted him out, their vote should be invalid because they do not even live in the city limits! Its a shame that the 3 council members that voted him out only did that becuase of personal issues with him. Scott did a really good job as city administrator. People dont realize all the things that he has started and the things he worked on really has helped our town in the long run. It takes time to fix a town that was left to ruins. He was working very hard to repair and create great things for this town.
No her vote shouldn't count and she should be held accountable but as we all know money talks and lord knows she is a big talker! She said she lives on Ratcliff Street but we all know she lives in the county and the law states that you must reside in the city to qualify for City Alderman. Just sayin
Truth

Clover, SC

#11 Mar 14, 2013
Newport citizen wrote:
Byebye=Kathy Holt. Kathy quit hiding behind fake names. Everyone knows you're a Topix regular. Too bad you choose to hide behind fake names. As far as him bringing things to Newport, its the mayors job to do that, not Scott's.
Actually your wrong about that part too. It's don hurst and the partnership to bring jobs to Newport. But I can say that they tried to bring a prison to cocke county but no one wanted here because they were scared. That would have brought in 1,000 jobs but no the people didn't want it. People in cocke county do not want change that is why it will never move forward.
Truth

Clover, SC

#12 Mar 14, 2013
Oh Maurice better watch his back. Kathy really don't like him so I'd say she will get him fired next.
yeah right

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Mar 14, 2013
lets face it everyone there is not going to be Change in Cocke County until we set some guidelines for the positions of authority. When you have these good ole boys who couldnt even balance their own checkbooks trying to run our city then disaster is going to strike. We need to get rid of the good ole boy network and appoint people into positions of authority that are educated and have a good head on their shoulders and that would be a start. Anyone that had set down with Scott that knew anything about finances knew he didnt have a clue what he was doing.
citizen

Easley, SC

#14 Mar 14, 2013
yeah right wrote:
lets face it everyone there is not going to be Change in Cocke County until we set some guidelines for the positions of authority. When you have these good ole boys who couldnt even balance their own checkbooks trying to run our city then disaster is going to strike. We need to get rid of the good ole boy network and appoint people into positions of authority that are educated and have a good head on their shoulders and that would be a start. Anyone that had set down with Scott that knew anything about finances knew he didnt have a clue what he was doing.
That's such bull crap Scott was educated in what he was hired for. He had over 20 years of experience before he ever came to Newport. Newport wanted him so bad they got him to move her for that position. And as far as "not doin him job" as some people have said, Scott did his job and for a matter of fact he's the one that got smoky mtn moonshine, popcorn suttons moonshine and the Davy Crockett place like gatlinburg has to come open up here. Plus he got the showcase on the river festival started and he also got the recognition of the employee of the month started too. So everybody that's bad mouthing him just needs to leave him alone. He done nothing wrong.
lmao

Morristown, TN

#15 Mar 14, 2013
Oh kathy shut the F up. everybody knows you have been trying to demand that every place in Newport hire your son, but the kicker is we all
know he has (issues). I put in Collins in the search bar and noticed this isn't the first time you have targeted Ms Collins, Whats up with that did she steal a boyfriend from you in highschool. Looks to me like you are dangerously close to harrassment.
GIMME A BREAK

Morristown, TN

#16 Mar 14, 2013
So does anybody know what brought this on for him to be fired? Seems like there would have to be a reason.
lmao

Morristown, TN

#17 Mar 14, 2013
I still say Ms Collins stole her boyfriend.
ah yeah

Garner, NC

#18 Mar 14, 2013
Here's the real problem: One dummy gets fired only to be replaced by another dummy. I wish it didnt have to be this way but unfortunately thats how things work in this town. Newport is the posterchild for the product of a "family and friends only" local govt. As long as they get paid its all good and to hell with the people they supposedly represent. Its not just this guy though, its the whole lot of them from top to bottom.
Newport going down drain

Morristown, TN

#19 Mar 14, 2013
We don't need a new library, whose idea was this?
replenish

Tucker, GA

#20 Mar 14, 2013
What do u mean we don't need a new library? This town would greatly benefit from a bigger, updated library. I will agree that it's not at the top of the to-do list. I think some of those ratty buildings should be demolished for parking or refurbished to draw potential business rentals. Even if they'd slap a coat of paint on them and at least make them look better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Be a parent 11 min Unbelievable 4
Sheriff election every month 44 min Cosby original 4
Hahaha 44 min OkDumbass 8
Con agra 48 min Crispy 15
Bushes 56 min Hope not 26
where at the good manufacturing jobs at? (Jun '15) 2 hr Bronze flamingo 24
-keep 1 word drop 1 word (Feb '12) 2 hr Felicia 1,115

Newport Jobs

Personal Finance

Newport Mortgages