TMC Campground
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
yep

United States

#4 Jun 19, 2012
I'm not sure where TMC is but I can tell you that I remember years ago it was that much or more other places
rip off

United States

#5 Jun 19, 2012
it used to be $3 to swim there..I miss the ppl that used to run it. worst thing the owners did was fire them, its ruining that place with all the new 'rules' and changes!!!
Good 2BeMe

Nashville, TN

#6 Jun 20, 2012
They advertised in the Plain Talk it was $3 to swim,might wanna show them the advertisement.If they charged more I'd call the newspaper and tell them they made a mistake.
wtf

United States

#7 Jun 20, 2012
Buy ur own and u can swim for free ;)
Soon to be new owners

Wallingford, CT

#9 Feb 28, 2013
We have read all of the reviews, also we have inspected this place. It is in bad shape. We intend on putting new water, sewer and electric in. (50amp and 30amp) And yes tables and possibly grills. We are going to reshape the grounds with new roads and new level pads. Now this is going to take sometime. We will not take over ownership until April 2013. So please have patients with us. This is going to take some time. Please if you had a bad experience here come back and see our improvements this summer. Thanks you and hope to see you all soon.
well

United States

#10 Mar 3, 2013
The owner had agood plan. The son an the grandson were going to run the place. They were really nice guys and had really good plans. Then sadness came to the family and they lost the grandson in a 4 wheeler accident and lost his life. So the granddaughter took it over and she has a bad attitude and is money hungry. She even ran off long time residence that took good care of the trash, kept the grass mowed, the pool repaired, and all the maintance. The people that ran it that everyone thinks was cool just used the place for their own benifet. They charged personal materials for their home and vehicles also pleasure to the campgrounds account and causeing the campground and the owners to go broke. I just hope the new people that are takeing it over can pull it out of the gutter. It is really a nice place to stay and in a really good location. I hope they can adjust the prices and pull it out of the gutter without going broke.

Since: Oct 12

Kodak, TN

#11 Mar 3, 2013
This campground has the potential to be a 8 or maybe a 9 on a scale of 1-10.
Hint: Drop the rules and more rules.
Put in a few good picnic tables.
Put down some grave.
Prices need to reflect market value. My guess would be about $25 a night in the summer and $20 other.
local customers

Morristown, TN

#12 Mar 3, 2013
Soon to be new owners wrote:
We have read all of the reviews, also we have inspected this place. It is in bad shape. We intend on putting new water, sewer and electric in.(50amp and 30amp) And yes tables and possibly grills. We are going to reshape the grounds with new roads and new level pads. Now this is going to take sometime. We will not take over ownership until April 2013. So please have patients with us. This is going to take some time. Please if you had a bad experience here come back and see our improvements this summer. Thanks you and hope to see you all soon.
i have camped there before and enjoyed it ,i agree it does need some work.but remember newport isnt a tourist town so please dont up the price to gatlinburg levels.perhaps add a few kid friendly avtivities and have several tent sites with electric and water available its really hot in summer
Soon to be new owners

Wallingford, CT

#13 Mar 4, 2013
We are going to keep the rates low. 50 amp will be alittle higher than the rest of the sites, but that is going to take some time to get in. We will also have tents site with electric and water. Picnic tables will be new and yes we are going to fix roads and level all sites. I am not sure what all the rules where, but i am positive that we are not going to have anymore rules than your average campground, common sense rules. We also would love to get any suggestions on what you would like to see in this park for everyone.
JustSayin

Morristown, TN

#15 Mar 5, 2013
Well. To the "new owners":
Have you been there recently to see what the people have let happen to this place? There is trash EVERYWHERE. The limbs from the trees are just lying EVERYWHERE! According to the people who used to live there but no longer do because it's a dump, there are water leaks all over the entire park.. It looks like the movie Holes with all the dug up spaces that the current management is just leaving for you guys to clean up... The fence is now torn down in more than 1 and even more than 2 places! BIG PLACES! The light up sign no longer works because it was tossed onto a section of the fence... They have now let certain people that the old manager has banned back in! I'm just sayin' it's total wreck! You are not gonna love it like the assholes have made it out to be... As for the old managers, they did not take any additional money from that place. I know them personally because I used to go swimming there daily and also had a storage site. About once a month me and my children would go and set up a tent in the summer and stay the night. They were super friendly and there was not a day that went by that the ladies and the man were not doing something active to that place such as mowing the grass, fixing a leak, painting something that NEEDED it. Constantly making it great for the shape it was in.. They were the ones who had built the porch, they built the kid's playground, they had maintained for many many many years.. Now look at it.. I'm completely ashamed with the way it is, I will never go back. I don't care if you are OBAMA taking over.. You won't be able to replace the kindness, and hard working effort that the previous managers had... The reputation in this town is shot thanks to the current ones. All I'm sayin' is good lcuk tryin' to rebuild it, buddy! ;)
maybe new owners

Wethersfield, CT

#16 Mar 5, 2013
Thanks for letting us know what is going on. We know its going to be a big battle. But we are willing to try. Also I would love to meet the managers that everyone loved thats what we will be looking for to help us run the place.
optimist

Nashua, NH

#17 Mar 7, 2013
Sounds to me like the new owners are willing to reach out to the community and bring the campground back to the way it should be.
Just the fact the they are asking peoples opinions is a good sign.
Give them a chance. They are not going to invest a lot of money only to let it continue going in the wrong direction.
I kno all

Tucker, GA

#18 Mar 7, 2013
To the new owners would you like help full time on keeping the place up and help fixn it up I'd like to work for y'all if y'all are interested write me on here on this name under YMCA and we could meet
ohmy

United States

#19 Mar 7, 2013
Always been a very dangerous dump. Sure hope they can turn it around.

Since: Oct 12

Kodak, TN

#20 Mar 8, 2013
I am so hopeful!
Tell me when are the new owners taking over? I drove by there a few days ago. I thought about stopping. I might do so when the new owners take over.
Here is one cheap suggestion. Have a coffee pot ready to go at all times. People in East TN love to talk over a cup of Joe.
A 2nd cheap suggestion would be to have a book exchange. Have folks bring in their books and trade for another. It does not have to be a HUGE selection.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#21 Mar 15, 2013
The new owners sure do have alot of fixing up to do. The place is in the worst condition that i have seen it in for years.... I knew the Mrs. Tuller and she was th most wonderfullest prsonthat you could ever want to meet, Mr. Tuller was a little contrary but what do you expect he is a MAN. I meet the Son in a bar in 2012 and also a grandson they had great music, but the son sure did put the last managers down alot, But from what i found out he didn't even come down here tht much, so my point is that if he was not here how did he have so much bad to say about the other managers....HE HAD NO RIGHT.....have a nice day..............
maybe new owners

Newington, CT

#22 Mar 17, 2013
We are hoping the campground is not any worse when we seen it in December. It was pretty bad then. We will be down in April to see if we still want to buy or run away.
wondering

Hermitage, TN

#23 Mar 17, 2013
Its worse unfortunatally
looking forwardi

Hermitage, TN

#24 Mar 17, 2013
maybe new owners wrote:
We are hoping the campground is not any worse when we seen it in December. It was pretty bad then. We will be down in April to see if we still want to buy or run away.
. Plz don't let any one influence you ,any business needs work done considering its been there for a while the location is great the creek should be built up picnic tables ,they are fish in there great place to stay with your kids ,also should do birthday partys there, I'm looking forward to many trips there ,thanks
old owner

Morristown, TN

#25 Mar 18, 2013
da thinker wrote:
The new owners sure do have alot of fixing up to do. The place is in the worst condition that i have seen it in for years.... I knew the Mrs. Tuller and she was th most wonderfullest prsonthat you could ever want to meet, Mr. Tuller was a little contrary but what do you expect he is a MAN. I meet the Son in a bar in 2012 and also a grandson they had great music, but the son sure did put the last managers down alot, But from what i found out he didn't even come down here tht much, so my point is that if he was not here how did he have so much bad to say about the other managers....HE HAD NO RIGHT.....have a nice day..........
If you do not know what you are talking about, then you should not post. Yes, the son came down and he did a GREAT job. He knew exactly what was going on. The managers and workers before him were complaining and all the while the family CEO kept sending money just for them to embezzle it. Like I said, if you do not know what is really going on, then you should just keep your trap shut!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This Sheriff Has to Go! Embarrassing to Tennessee 3 hr truth 25
Trapped him 5 hr Cheat-her 17
Randall Keller (Jan '15) 6 hr Curious 17
ut football coach 8 hr Footy-ball sux 22
girls after high school 12 hr Fat Women 13
Armondo Fontes to run for US Senate.... 14 hr Spunk 33
ngs (Nov '12) 14 hr State supports te... 14

Newport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance