namenamename

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Thoughts on what the new retail store is going to be that they are going to be announcing in a few weeks? Anyone with any inside info?
Truth

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

If they do you can bet they won't put it on topix. I saw that and wondered what it will be. Just guessing I'm not expecting anything big. Probably another dollar store. We got Family Dollar, Dollar Tree, and Dollar General. Are there any dollar stores left? lol
just me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Where is the store located?

“I do not censor my comments..”

Since: Sep 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

just me wrote:
Where is the store located?
I've heard nothing? Nobody has a clue what kind of store it is or where it will be?
werefucked

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Its an EBT superstore . That's the only business that'll survive the Owebama administration
namenamename

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Shoulda known I would get (mostly) idiotic comments.
Truth

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

YOU posted on topix. So guess that makes you an idiot too huh.
namenamename

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Guess I was foolish in thinking that posting about something POSITIVE for the county woul garner reasonable, insightful discussion. For what it's worth, I said idiotic COMMENTS, not idiotic POSTERS. Instead of devolving this thread into trying to incite more topix bullcrap, why don't you post in it constructively? It would be a much better use of your time. Have a nice day :-)
yankee

Mcminnville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

I, personally, am hoping for a Target! Sadly, this is Newport, it will probably be another dollar store. Or a glorified dollar store, like Fred's or Big Lots!
wait

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

why everybody would still shop at walmart nothing can make it in newport
yankee

Mcminnville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

wait wrote:
why everybody would still shop at walmart nothing can make it in newport
Why would anybody shop at Walmart when there was any other store to choose from? Anything you buy from Walmart breaks or falls apart as soon as you use it! Walmart is the worst rated company for customer service, and takes pride in paying their employees as little as possible.
thoughts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

There's talk about the distillery coming and placing a weigles in somewhere and this town desperately needs jobs therefore another retail store may not hurt.....I just hope it isn't a dollar store lord knows we have enough.....this town needs change but the people are deathly terrified of it.

Since: Jan 13

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would anybody shop at Walmart when there was any other store to choose from? Anything you buy from Walmart breaks or falls apart as soon as you use it! Walmart is the worst rated company for customer service, and takes pride in paying their employees as little as possible.
It is not just Walmart...this is the new American business model created by Wall Street and the Bush administration. Their economic policy lead to a financial crisis for the middle class but big business seized the oppertunity to lean down their business models. More bang for their buck. Maximize employee workload, minimize, employee pay, while maintaining productivity. All that equals a growth in the bottom line.
LOL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

RightWingNut79 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not just Walmart...this is the new American business model created by Wall Street and the Bush administration. Their economic policy lead to a financial crisis for the middle class but big business seized the oppertunity to lean down their business models. More bang for their buck. Maximize employee workload, minimize, employee pay, while maintaining productivity. All that equals a growth in the bottom line.
You idiot sheeple libs always blaming someone else for your sins and dirty deeds, just like satan much!
yoohoo

White Pine, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

If its anything more than a gas station and convenience store I'll buy you lunch. Remember I said that.
Bet

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

I'll take your lunch bet and I'll throw in dinner if it isn't a clothing store or big lots type store.
question

Newport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Why was #11 taken off? Was it becaus somebody mentioned Weigels?
janet

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

i would like to have a consignment shop with good clothes like a really good one. Any ideas?
a good friend

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

platos closet in west knoxville
yeah right

Kodak, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

We were actually gonna have a Weigels about a year ago. It was gonna be on North St just past the pigeon River Bridge. Right on the property of that old eye sore run down 2 story abandoned brick home. But thanks to the Old Folks with money in this town got a petition to get it stopped before anything happened with papers getting signed, bc it would have lowered their property values in their opinions. So thank you to all the old farts that thinks we don't need anything new in this town.... no worries ur kids n grandkids will sell for the ole might dollar once u kick the bucket!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Newport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 5 min little miss tuffet 144,531
Jason Parks 8 min now what 2
ronnie raines 17 min Amy 1
matt Franklin 28 min susan 8
Dr. Grooms of Northwest 35 min Jose 35
The chief of police should resign 1 hr YerDaddy 62
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr WTH 9,254
Crystal Webb for Mayor? 9 hr Cocke County Voter 63

Search the Newport Forum:
•••
•••
Newport Dating

more search filters