Is IGA or SAVE-A-LOT closing?

Is IGA or SAVE-A-LOT closing?

Posted in the Newport Forum

FYI

Cosby, TN

#1 Nov 20, 2012
I overheard some ladies talking about a grocery store closing but I didnt understand if they said IGA or Save-A-Lot....apparently some other grocery store bought them out and will be re-opining in their location.
Da Truth

Morristown, TN

#2 Nov 20, 2012
its IGA. Someone bought them out, but it doesn't matter if you call it Whites, IGA Price Saver, or Shitbox Grocers, that place has always been a dump that you have to fight the rats and roaches for groceries. There's only 1 real grocery store in Newport and its got 2 locations on both sides of Broadway!

Da Truth has set you free!
homey

White Pine, TN

#3 Nov 20, 2012
Da Truth wrote:
its IGA. Someone bought them out, but it doesn't matter if you call it Whites, IGA Price Saver, or Shitbox Grocers, that place has always been a dump that you have to fight the rats and roaches for groceries. There's only 1 real grocery store in Newport and its got 2 locations on both sides of Broadway!
Word!
hey

Greenwood, SC

#4 Nov 20, 2012
Da Truth wrote:
Lol...you have to fight the rats and the roaches. For groceries..haha..funniest sh*t I've heard in a while
lolz

Morristown, TN

#5 Nov 21, 2012
IGA/Whites is too expensive.
FYI

Cosby, TN

#6 Nov 21, 2012
Thank you...... was it Price Saver that bought them out or were you just using that as an example? I heard they will be closing for several weeks while they renovate. I agree IGA and Whites before it changed names are both wayyyyy over priced!
Da Truth

Morristown, TN

#7 Nov 22, 2012
hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...you have to fight the rats and the roaches. For groceries..haha..funniest sh*t I've heard in a while
you think I'm joking? 1 day I was in there 1 day and swear to God I saw a rat in the dairy section with a buggy loadin' it down with cheese!
turkey day

Morristown, TN

#8 Nov 22, 2012
thats nothing you should see this guy at food city he carries a world championship belt LOL
Da Truth

Morristown, TN

#9 Nov 22, 2012
hey its a prop he uses for Halloween and football games, if you don't like it tell him to his face, I'm sure he's just dying to knock the piss out of someone just for the Hell of it these days!
turkey day

Morristown, TN

#10 Nov 22, 2012
poor bady did you get upset you can talk sh!t about everybody but you can't take it
turkey day

Morristown, TN

#11 Nov 22, 2012
in the words of the greatest champion ever RIC FLAIR WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOL
Happy Holidays

Knoxville, TN

#12 Nov 25, 2012
No doubt shopping for himself and half the Cocke County jail inmates!
Da Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
you think I'm joking? 1 day I was in there 1 day and swear to God I saw a rat in the dairy section with a buggy loadin' it down with cheese!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Misty Cutshaw (Nov '14) 2 hr Tngurl22 18
Wreck on Mcgaha chapel 4 hr Really 10
I married a coalburner (Oct '12) 6 hr Jig educator 82
Paul Gibson 6 hr Wondering 1
Name is LoNG_Shot a Navy Seal, Ranger, Sniper, ... 7 hr LoNG_Shot 17
News Man charged with rape of 13-year-old (Dec '12) 7 hr Citizen arrest 3
dr hood 7 hr bybee trainwreck 16
Wreck on 340 14 hr Curious 11

Newport Jobs

More from around the web