Popcorn Sutton
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hater

Morristown, TN

#1 Mar 10, 2012
Popcorn Sutton was a stupid, hillbilly, azzhole, prick, ignorant, ugly, stinking s.o.b. But now everyone in the country thinks that he is the personification of Newport, Tennessee. I fear that this assessment might be right. Fu&* You.
NotTrue

Knoxville, TN

#2 Mar 10, 2012
That is weak and disrespectful to lambast a dead man,really ? I do think Popcorn would appreciate your trashy mouth. I myself do not think he is the personification of Newport. I knew and liked Popcorn but I neither idolize or worship him. One of the things that Popcorn was not, he was not afraid to tell you what Popcorn thought. Let the dead rest.
LudaKris

Morristown, TN

#3 Mar 10, 2012
Hater wrote:
Popcorn Sutton was a stupid, hillbilly, azzhole, prick, ignorant, ugly, stinking s.o.b. But now everyone in the country thinks that he is the personification of Newport, Tennessee. I fear that this assessment might be right. Fu&* You.
Agreed.
wonder why

Nashville, TN

#4 Mar 11, 2012
NotTrue wrote:
That is weak and disrespectful to lambast a dead man,really ? I do think Popcorn would appreciate your trashy mouth. I myself do not think he is the personification of Newport. I knew and liked Popcorn but I neither idolize or worship him. One of the things that Popcorn was not, he was not afraid to tell you what Popcorn thought. Let the dead rest.

Yea, whether you wanted to hear it or not. He also did not care how many children and women where around when he was running off at the flithy mounth. He talked a good story but when he actully thought he was going to jail, the cowared killed hisself. If you can't to the time don't do the crime, and espicaly don't get out and brag about it.
LudaKris

Morristown, TN

#5 Mar 11, 2012
wonder why wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, whether you wanted to hear it or not. He also did not care how many children and women where around when he was running off at the flithy mounth. He talked a good story but when he actully thought he was going to jail, the cowared killed hisself. If you can't to the time don't do the crime, and espicaly don't get out and brag about it.
Indeed, committing suicide to avoid spending time in jail was a b*tch move. I would never honor such a piece of trash like popcorn.
Ellie Mae

United States

#6 Mar 19, 2012
LudaKris wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, committing suicide to avoid spending time in jail was a b*tch move. I would never honor such a piece of trash like popcorn.
Thats because you are not a true southerner at heart !All our grandaddies made moonshine he represents alot of people.You represent the ignorance and people who could not make it without modern devices! Moonshine was made for medicinal purposes in the beginning they had no medicine .I think it is possibly more safe than most meds today ! It kept people alive in the mountains put food on the table so we can hear people like you who have no idea how to survive ! Hank said it best "a country boy can survive " !
proud mom

Morristown, TN

#7 Mar 19, 2012
LudaKris wrote:
<quoted text>
LudaKris, this is your mom, behave son. Talk nice.
Not

Sevierville, TN

#8 Mar 19, 2012
Ellie Mae wrote:
<quoted text>Thats because you are not a true southerner at heart !All our grandaddies made moonshine he represents alot of people.You represent the ignorance and people who could not make it without modern devices! Moonshine was made for medicinal purposes in the beginning they had no medicine .I think it is possibly more safe than most meds today ! It kept people alive in the mountains put food on the table so we can hear people like you who have no idea how to survive ! Hank said it best "a country boy can survive " !
Mine didn't! It wasn't made for medicine. It was made for getting drunk. And that's what your pappy made it for.
You must be kin to the Baldwin sisters.
WaltonsFan

Morristown, TN

#9 Mar 19, 2012
Not wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine didn't! It wasn't made for medicine. It was made for getting drunk. And that's what your pappy made it for.
You must be kin to the Baldwin sisters.
Agreed He was a better fictional legend, than a true legend.
get real

Morristown, TN

#10 Mar 19, 2012
the only kind of popcorn i like is from movie theaters. yes popcorn sutton was by no means a hero or what a representation of a southerner. he was a criminal and scumbag.
knowit

Kingsport, TN

#11 Mar 21, 2012
he only used the people that he thought could do something for him. guess he found out no body really gave a shit about him after all
Trish

New Kensington, PA

#12 Apr 4, 2012
LudaKris wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
Where?

“only High IQs need apply”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#13 Nov 28, 2012
Can't believe how you people conduct yourselves, speaking out on others (particularly the deceased!) you don't even really know aside from reading crap on the web and hearing it from the US's "sensational" -(coughing / cough , cough, HACK)-- media - you should be ashamed, those of you insulting him.

I lived and have relatives all over and around Black Mountain, Maggie Valley, Buncombe Co, Swannanoa Valley, Old Fort, Grandfather Mt, Blue Ridge Hwy, old rt 70 and 40, Boone, Barnardsville, Ashe Co and Asheville, Cherry valley, Indian creek, Chimney Rock, and I'll tell you what; I've made some "white corn Liquor", and lived somewhat of a "redneck" style life, but I'm clean shaven, educated and well-read, and operate, generate income legitimately and function independent of anybody.

And I'll match wits or IQ's with any of you insolent degenerates any day of the week. And TWICE on Sunday, judging by the juvenile paraphrasing and grammatical structure of your grade school style posts.

Probably a bunch of DAMN YANKEES, putting old popcorn down with your "highly intelligent remarks"— perhaps you'd be better off keeping your ignorance to yourself; you look ÜBER stupid–calling someone out for being a "Hillbilly", misspelling and making typographical errors in the process - or are you cognizant of how illiterate you are, hence you feel compelled to troll?!

—Laugh OUT LOUD at you!!—

The only place and time you feel bold enough to utter such condescending insults is from the relative safety of anonymously trolling around a topic forum from behind a computer ..! So I guess I should consider the source.
Typical.
TROLLS
sffic

United States

#14 Nov 28, 2012
Xray3 wrote:
Can't believe how you people conduct yourselves, speaking out on others (particularly the deceased!) you don't even really know aside from reading crap on the web and hearing it from the US's "sensational" -(coughing / cough , cough, HACK)-- media - you should be ashamed, those of you insulting him.
I lived and have relatives all over and around Black Mountain, Maggie Valley, Buncombe Co, Swannanoa Valley, Old Fort, Grandfather Mt, Blue PPRidge Hwy, old rt 70 and 40, Boone, Barnardsville, Ashe Co and Asheville, Cherry valley, Indian creek, Chimney Rock, and I'll tell you what; I've made some "white corn Liquor", and lived somewhat of a "redneck" style life, but I'm clean shaven, educated and well-read, and operate, generate income legitimately and function independent of anybody.
And I'll match wits or IQ's with any of you insolent degenerates any day of the week. And TWICE on Sunday, judging by the juvenile paraphrasing and grammatical structure of your grade school style posts.
Probably a bunch of DAMN YANKEES, putting old popcorn down with your "highly intelligent remarks"— perhaps you'd be better off keeping your ignorance to yourself; you look ÜBER stupid–calling someone out for being a "Hillbilly", misspelling and making typographical errors in the process - or are you cognizant of how illiterate you are, hence you feel compelled to troll?!
The only place and time you feel bold enough to utter such condescending insults is from the relative safety of anonymously trolling around a topic forum from behind a computer ..! So I guess I should consider the source.
Typical.
TROLLS
Well said! Although I'm a "yankee" I do respect popcorn and the whole history behind him and shine. He is famous in his own right and I also agree it's very disrepectfull to make rude comments about him. Opinions are like azzholes, everyone has one ;)
missYankee

Lexington, SC

#15 Nov 30, 2012
First off. I am a yankee. But my roots go back to southern va. Now relocated here about 4 yrs ago. I was born and raised in the north. But the south is where I shall stay. I personaly know popcorn suttons nephew. And the stories I heard of him, was always delightful, and funny. He was making his living making shine, cause that's all he knew. He didn't have much of a education. Back in those days, if you could afford school, you were lucky. There is nothing wrong making your own likker. My grandmothers father was pure italian. He he made his own wine. And sold it. Nothing wrong with that. And my mothers dad side all from southern va. Porcorn sutton was a very likeable man. To those that are sitting on topix, downgrading a dead man, you have some serious issues, and you need to get them resolved. I bet you if popcorn sutton was still alive today, you wouldn't have the balls to say it to his face. Popcorns favorite saying was F*** YOU. And I am sure he would have said it to you. And popcorn didn't committ suicide cause he was trying to escape jail time..the poor man was dying with cancer. And he knew if he had went to jail, he was going to die behind bars. And that is why he commited suicide...so before you people trash talk a dead man, make sure you know what u are talking about! If there is mistakes in my comment. Oh well. Its dang 4 30 am
dixie

Wilmington, NC

#16 Nov 30, 2012
Obviously you all didn't know popcorn. He was often a visitor at my house growing up. At leat he didn't make a living off of the government. Yeah he had a dirty mouth but if he liked you he do anything for you. All I can is your parents raised youu wrong to speak ill of the dead.
abc

Seymour, TN

#17 Dec 1, 2012
Xray3 wrote:
I lived and have relatives all over and around Black Mountain, Maggie Valley, Buncombe Co, Swannanoa Valley, Old Fort, Grandfather Mt, Blue Ridge Hwy, old rt 70 and 40, Boone, Barnardsville, Ashe Co and Asheville, Cherry valley, Indian creek, Chimney Rock, and I'll tell you what; I've made some "white corn Liquor", and lived somewhat of a "redneck" style life, but I'm clean shaven, educated and well-read, and operate, generate income legitimately and function independent of anybody.
Typical.
TROLLS
I can't believe you would go dig up a thread that has not been posted on in MONTHS and bring it back to the top and yell at people for posting on the topic.

Popcorn Sutton spent his life breaking the law. And was too big of a wuss to pay the consequences of his crime.
abc

Seymour, TN

#18 Dec 1, 2012
missYankee wrote:
First off. I am a yankee. But my roots go back to southern va. Now relocated here about 4 yrs ago. I was born and raised in the north. But the south is where I shall stay. I personaly know popcorn suttons nephew. And the stories I heard of him, was always delightful, and funny. He was making his living making shine, cause that's all he knew. He didn't have much of a education. Back in those days, if you could afford school, you were lucky. There is nothing wrong making your own likker. My grandmothers father was pure italian. He he made his own wine. And sold it. Nothing wrong with that. And my mothers dad side all from southern va. Porcorn sutton was a very likeable man. To those that are sitting on topix, downgrading a dead man, you have some serious issues, and you need to get them resolved. I bet you if popcorn sutton was still alive today, you wouldn't have the balls to say it to his face. Popcorns favorite saying was F*** YOU. And I am sure he would have said it to you. And popcorn didn't committ suicide cause he was trying to escape jail time..the poor man was dying with cancer. And he knew if he had went to jail, he was going to die behind bars. And that is why he commited suicide...so before you people trash talk a dead man, make sure you know what u are talking about! If there is mistakes in my comment. Oh well. Its dang 4 30 am
lol. You keep telling yourself that. He killed himself because he didn't want to go to jail. This I know for fact.
And if he wanted to sell LIQUOR then he should have just PAID for a business license and done it legally.
abc

Seymour, TN

#19 Dec 1, 2012
dixie wrote:
Obviously you all didn't know popcorn. He was often a visitor at my house growing up. At leat he didn't make a living off of the government. Yeah he had a dirty mouth but if he liked you he do anything for you. All I can is your parents raised youu wrong to speak ill of the dead.
Speaking the truth is just that speaking the truth. And it's not worse to speak ill of the dead than it is to speak ill of the living. He had chance after chance to do things right but he refused. It's funny how people act like him selling moonshine was okay but get upset about the pills being sold. It's no different.
WTF

Morristown, TN

#20 Dec 1, 2012
abc wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking the truth is just that speaking the truth. And it's not worse to speak ill of the dead than it is to speak ill of the living. He had chance after chance to do things right but he refused. It's funny how people act like him selling moonshine was okay but get upset about the pills being sold. It's no different.
You got that right!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brian Blalock (Sep '16) 47 min dman 10
gay men (Apr '11) 1 hr Your lucky day 42
Julie owenby 2 hr Ghiiudkdb 5
Sammy Crum 3 hr Lifestooshort 16
tRump is Russia's gimp boy ! 8 hr JoCityRes 347
City people vs. Country people (Jan '13) 14 hr KenzieD2001 112
can fat girls wear thongs (Oct '10) 15 hr Great ninja 25

Newport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance