First Prev
of 2
Next Last
stressed mama help

Tucker, GA

#1 Mar 10, 2013
my daughter had a friend over lastweekend her mom called said she had lice I checked my daughter hair but it's so Long and thick I can't tell and I'm afraid to use rid is there anything else I can use that's natural? and want hurt her scap
Worried

Ladybank, UK

#2 Mar 10, 2013
If the is a lot of itching and scratching you know the worst.
Try to find a fine comb and section small amount of hair, try to avoid products which are not natural.
mom

Newport, TN

#3 Mar 10, 2013
strip the bed wash hot water dryer hot,bag up things cant be washed in tight plastic bag for a month..go ahead and teat hair with lots of mayo put on plastisc bag wash hair use conditioner makes hair easier to comb and use lice comb using small portions of hair at a time..:( if she starts itching in aa week you may not have a choice but, chemical tx. check behind ears, crown,and back head at neck ..lice usually aroun 1//2 from scalp must have blood with in 6hrs to live.....kids aren't from cosby school are they..need to report to school..or youll be in turmol
mom

Newport, TN

#4 Mar 10, 2013
mayo must stay on over night.
Bev

United States

#5 Mar 10, 2013
Here is a link that talks about the mayo and a vinegar rinse to loosen the eggs..

http://lacetoleather.com/ridlice.html
serious

Tucker, GA

#6 Mar 10, 2013
I had the same problem years ago but to check her good separate her hair above the ears and on the very top back on her head and look. It will look like tiny little white dandruff but if you can pull one out and press it with your nails and here a pop it is lice, good luck. It cost me over $600 to treat my house, furniture, bedding and heads when I went through it.
Observer

Morristown, TN

#7 Mar 10, 2013
You can go to Walgreens and buy a battery powered lice comb. It's like a bug zapped for lice. It's called the Robi comb. It doesn't hurt your child but if she has lice it will zap(kill) the bugs and comb it out of the hair. I routinely run it thru my children's hair as a precautionary measure. Good luck!
stressed mama help

United States

#8 Mar 10, 2013
thank You going to use the mayo n vinegar and wash n bag everything else and i will checo that brush at wall greens
mom

Newport, TN

#9 Mar 10, 2013
please tell me if the kids are at cosby...ive paid out mybutt.. and I reported to the school and they were suppose to check heads ..this was before Christmas..and I had same episode with over night stay
truth is

United States

#10 Mar 10, 2013
Cosby's kids are eat up with lice & the school won't do nothing about it I've reported this 3 different times
Anonymous

United States

#11 Mar 10, 2013
how old is she? If you dye her hair it will kill everything
stressed mama help

Tucker, GA

#12 Mar 10, 2013
mom wrote:
please tell me if the kids are at cosby...ive paid out mybutt.. and I reported to the school and they were suppose to check heads ..this was before Christmas..and I had same episode with over night stay
not cosby looks like it's at edgemont to
stressed mama help

Tucker, GA

#13 Mar 10, 2013
google listerine for head lice works really good n also prevents lice i looked at some videos n the lice just fell off said it works n not to expensive or my mamaw said to use moon shine for 5 min put it n a spray bottle watch the eyes good luck and thanks for the advice everybody.I'm using listerine for 30 min rinse with dawn then mayo with vinegar all night.....how long befor I send her back to school anybody know
mom

Newport, TN

#14 Mar 11, 2013
dont know if you know this but ,mayo is good for your hair also helps the dryness ..after i did my daughter it helped with drynness and shine..i kept mine out one day ..then repeated the treatment in a week...the schools need to be reported to health dept.or board education since they receive funds
advice

Arden, NC

#15 Mar 11, 2013
Also if you get rid of it put hair products in their hair will prevent them from getting it. My friend had a little girl who got all the time and someone toldbher to put hair products like hair spray gel and mousse in her and she wouldn't get it. After she did they her daughter never got it again
serious

Tucker, GA

#16 Mar 11, 2013
My daughter uses hair products and got it so that's something sure did us no good. I have used tea tree oil in our shampoos and know many other parents who have done the same and I've never had a problem or issue sense and to my knowledge neither have the other parents children. You can also purchase tea tree shampoo at the salon, that's what I did. Salon professionals have said its good to keep lice at bay as well.
Cootie Whisperer

Knoxville, TN

#17 Mar 13, 2013
stressed mama help wrote:
google listerine for head lice works really good n also prevents lice i looked at some videos n the lice just fell off said it works n not to expensive or my mamaw said to use moon shine for 5 min put it n a spray bottle watch the eyes good luck and thanks for the advice everybody.I'm using listerine for 30 min rinse with dawn then mayo with vinegar all night.....how long befor I send her back to school anybody know
Shave her head, coat it with Vicks Vapo Rub mixed with turpentine. If it was good enough for your grandparents it's good enough for her. It'll kill crabs too. Pure turpentine soaked into a corncob and rubbed on hemorrhoids will give amazing results too.
samantha

White Pine, TN

#18 Mar 13, 2013
Cootie Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Shave her head, coat it with Vicks Vapo Rub mixed with turpentine. If it was good enough for your grandparents it's good enough for her. It'll kill crabs too. Pure turpentine soaked into a corncob and rubbed on hemorrhoids will give amazing results too.
This is true. It worked on my hairy goose.
Truth

Tucker, GA

#19 Mar 13, 2013
Is your kid scratching her head? If not she probably doesn't have lice. And when the mother called to tell you about the lice you should have told her to come pick up her kid.
stressed mama help

Loudon, TN

#20 Mar 13, 2013
who="Truth"]Is your kid scratching her head? If not she probably doesn't have lice. And when the mother called to tell you about the lice you should have told her to come pick up her kid.
she had stayed the weekend before she called me and no scratching but still treated her to be safe

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It takes two to tango 58 min Jan 5
oliva moore (Feb '11) 1 hr Fucku 11
sammantha hartsell (Feb '13) 2 hr Looking Back 27
Why is jail decertified with such a huge budget... 3 hr Town Cryer 15
Coach slover 3 hr LarryWilliamssGhost 33
jason lee kinser/kinsler (Mar '17) 8 hr Hisdaughter 2
Megan kiernan 8 hr loosenup 21

Newport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance