so sad

United States

#21 Apr 24, 2011
any status on the child??? I will be praying
coon hunter

Dandridge, TN

#22 Apr 24, 2011
Yeah Right wrote:
<quoted text>
No time to stop? Again, were YOU there? The kid was in the road.
He ran in front of her car. Roads are for driving not for kids to play in!
i remember when richie shaver got run over on a bike in carson springs by a car about 30 yrs ago. he was 14 people on cell phones always in a hurry. where was the boys parents? that road need more stop signs or some speed bumps. praying for the young man....
crazy

Granite City, IL

#23 Apr 24, 2011
Yeah Right wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know she was doing 60? Were you there with a radar gun?
I knew somebody would have to show up and blame the driver. If the kid had not been in the road he would not have been hit! It's bad that he is hurt but he should not have been in the road. I have driven on that road in the past and many times kids play in the road and act like you are in the wrong if you want to drive in the road.
he was n his yard not n the road u idiot apparently u cant read
Carson Springs Resident

Manchester, TN

#24 Apr 24, 2011
The boy was out in the road not even near his own yard. so you should recheck your facts. Carson springs is bad for children being all over the road. and for speeders. this is a tragic accident but how many of us were there? she might not have even been speeding. sometimes accidents happen regardless if we are obeying the speed limit or not.
Wow

Morristown, TN

#25 Apr 25, 2011
This is crazy. I have been down that way many times and it's either kids or their dogs playing n the road and sometimes even laying n the road and no parents anywhere to be seen. Parents need to take responsibility and watch your kids! You never know what can happen within 2 seconds they can be gone. If you are too lazy to stay outside with them to make sure they are not in the road then how about keep them in the house it's pretty simple. This poor child I hope and pray to god he makes it!!!
sorry

United States

#26 Apr 25, 2011
everybody needs to stop bitchin about where he was at and how fast she was driving.A LITTLE BOY IS HURT. we need to pray for this child and they woman that hit him. there is always kids in the road and people always drive fast we know that.the issue is the victims in this tragic accident
RUFoolish

Knoxville, TN

#27 Apr 25, 2011
coon hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
i remember when richie shaver got run over on a bike in carson springs by a car about 30 yrs ago. he was 14 people on cell phones always in a hurry. where was the boys parents? that road need more stop signs or some speed bumps. praying for the young man....
Stop signs? You can't randomly put stop signs on a road. And how do you know the driver was on a cell phone. I hope one day YOU are in a situation like this so everyone can sit back and judge you and post on the internet all the things that YOU done wrong. Because obviously YOU will have done it on purpose.

And the kid was 11 years old. That is old enough to play in the yard without a parent standing over top of you. You are typical of the ignorant person. Just looking for someone to blame. The kid ran out into the road in front of a car. If blame lies anywhere it lies with him. It was an accident. Quit trying to blame the driver.
RUFoolish

Knoxville, TN

#28 Apr 25, 2011
crazy wrote:
<quoted text> he was n his yard not n the road u idiot apparently u cant read
You are the idiot. For more reasons than one. The news said he RAN OUT INTO THE ROAD IN FRONT OF THE CAR! Yeah he was playing I am assuming at one time in the yard but HE RAN OUT INTO THE STREET!

It amazes me at the stupidity of people posting in these threads.
Do you call everyone an idiot that you talk to in person? I am thinking probably not. Easy to be big and bad hiding behind that keyboard.
RUFoolish

Knoxville, TN

#29 Apr 25, 2011
Wow wrote:
This is crazy. I have been down that way many times and it's either kids or their dogs playing n the road and sometimes even laying n the road and no parents anywhere to be seen. Parents need to take responsibility and watch your kids! You never know what can happen within 2 seconds they can be gone. If you are too lazy to stay outside with them to make sure they are not in the road then how about keep them in the house it's pretty simple. This poor child I hope and pray to god he makes it!!!
You either do not have kids or are a lazy welfare bum. Nobody can watch their kids 24/7. An 11 year old is old enough to play in the yard and not have an adult holding their hand. They are also old enough to stay out of the road. Again, it amazes me at how judgemental people are and how all they care about is looking for somebody to blame.
coon hunter

Morristown, TN

#30 Apr 25, 2011
RUFoolish wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop signs? You can't randomly put stop signs on a road. And how do you know the driver was on a cell phone. I hope one day YOU are in a situation like this so everyone can sit back and judge you and post on the internet all the things that YOU done wrong. Because obviously YOU will have done it on purpose.
And the kid was 11 years old. That is old enough to play in the yard without a parent standing over top of you. You are typical of the ignorant person. Just looking for someone to blame. The kid ran out into the road in front of a car. If blame lies anywhere it lies with him. It was an accident. Quit trying to blame the driver.
the news report said it took her 150 ft to stop the vehicle. and yes the county CAN put a sign at any intersection it wants to slow down traffic. if she was paying attention better she would have seen the kid, if she was going slower she could have stopped sooner. she up, hang up and drive more carefully. i dont know she was on a cell phone, but i avoid accidents often and notice the driver jabbing away on their phone. i assure you that driver blames herself, as do the parents, and the DA probably will too. don't get on here telling me a kid is to blame. we should all watch for kids always. so shut your mouth idiot.
family

Morristown, TN

#31 Apr 25, 2011
this is a tragedy he is just a baby.his grandpaw stepped in the house for a moment that quick.i am not pointing fingures but kids run and play it was not his fault!!to be dragged like he was tells me she was going to fast but i can say this she was out of her car bent over him very upset accidents happen on both sides.a prayer was held at northwest today for him this is what is needed not drama.
i believe

United States

#32 Apr 25, 2011
i cannot get this child out of my mind I did not known either of them but prayers are with him we should do a jar at Diane's Beauty Shop everyone knows and trusted her and I believe LIza Talley Mother is married to his papaw they could see he gets what he needs ai will help anyway I can just let me know,
RUFoolish

United States

#33 Apr 25, 2011
coon hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
the news report said it took her 150 ft to stop the vehicle. and yes the county CAN put a sign at any intersection it wants to slow down traffic. if she was paying attention better she would have seen the kid, if she was going slower she could have stopped sooner. she up, hang up and drive more carefully. i dont know she was on a cell phone, but i avoid accidents often and notice the driver jabbing away on their phone. i assure you that driver blames herself, as do the parents, and the DA probably will too. don't get on here telling me a kid is to blame. we should all watch for kids always. so shut your mouth idiot.
At an intersection yes. But not just ever few feet to slow cars down.

The news said he just darted out in front of her. You have NO idea that she was speeding or not paying attention. Nor do you have any idea that she was talking on a cell phone. Just because YOU yap on your cell phone constantly doesn't mean the rest of us do. The kids need to stay OUT OF THE ROAD! YES THE KID IS TO BLAME! HE AND ONLY HE WAS PLAYING IN THE ROAD!

AND THE ONLY IDIOT IS YOU! WHAT ARE YOU 5? LEARN TO CONVERSE WITHOUT CALLING NAMES! MORON! lol
coon hunter

Morristown, TN

#34 Apr 25, 2011
RUFoolish wrote:
<quoted text>
At an intersection yes. But not just ever few feet to slow cars down.
The news said he just darted out in front of her. You have NO idea that she was speeding or not paying attention. Nor do you have any idea that she was talking on a cell phone. Just because YOU yap on your cell phone constantly doesn't mean the rest of us do. The kids need to stay OUT OF THE ROAD! YES THE KID IS TO BLAME! HE AND ONLY HE WAS PLAYING IN THE ROAD!
AND THE ONLY IDIOT IS YOU! WHAT ARE YOU 5? LEARN TO CONVERSE WITHOUT CALLING NAMES! MORON! lol
yes i am 5 and have better sense than you. the reason i point out the cell phone thing is because they are proven accident causers. i assume you are the careless b!tch that hit this kid, because no one but a moron would blame a child for playing. she had a license to drive, which means its her responsibility to watch for kids. when jimmy dunn charges this person with vehicular homicide, maybe then you will open your blind, ignorant eyes.
concerned citizen

United States

#35 Apr 25, 2011
Facts are.......the driver was not on her cell phone, the kid ran out in front of her, she did not see the boy at all until after she hit him, she immediately stopped, called 911, got out and went to the boy and prayed for him. So you idots need to stop judging anyone in this because it is just a SIMPLE accident. The driver, her family and the boy's family are all greiving over this and everyone needs to stop the comments. GRow UP!
concerned citizen

United States

#36 Apr 25, 2011
By the way.......the driver and her family have all been to the hospital after the accident and again on Sunday and again on Monday praying for that boy and checking on him. They are god fearing people and would never ever hurt a single human being!!!!!!
Mattie

Sevierville, TN

#37 Apr 25, 2011
Even if she's not prosecuted, which she probably should be, the civil suit is going to be MASSIVE.

If I'm not mistaken, aren't there "Child at Play" signs all up and down that road?

Blaming the kid is stupid. The person driving the vehicle is ALWAYS at fault.
FYI

Morristown, TN

#38 Apr 25, 2011
i believe wrote:
i cannot get this child out of my mind did not known either of them but prayers are with him we should do a jar at Diane's Beauty Shop everyone knows and trusted her and I believe LIza Talley Mother is married to his papaw they could see he gets what he needs ai will help anyway I can just let me know,
Just to let everyone know...Lisa's mother is not married to his papaw, but I'm sure she would be in favor of helping out the family in any way possible.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#39 Apr 25, 2011
People, the key word here is "accident"!! All of you who are making accusations about the driver are being rediculous. It's nobody's fault...it's simply a horrible accident that will affect everybody's lives who were involved. I don't know the driver nor do I know the child, but it speaks volumes to me that the woman immediately got out and went to the child, and that she and her family have been at the hospital everyday. Nobody's fault, just a horrible accident. Praying here for all involved...
Morals anyone

Nashville, TN

#40 Apr 25, 2011
Please everyone NO more blaming anyone. I don't know, and I dare say neither do any of you, if that poor woman was driving to fast. At this point it really doesn't matter. What matters is, there is a young boy fighting for is life. A family who are more than likely out of their minds with fear and worry. And a woman and her family who are probably in as bad a shape as the child's family. Everyone of them need and should have our prayers right now. Neither of them need blame, Just remember " BUT FOR THE GRACE OG GOD THERE I GO'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 7 min Julia 152,172
what about dcs just coming to your home (Apr '10) 2 hr Fed up 117
English Mountain Football (Nov '08) 6 hr whywonder 1,775
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 7 hr TheRealZeke 8,643
Softball team? 7 hr Jokeville 3
Stabbing in Newport Saturday 8 hr port 2
Prayer and America and End of Times 9 hr shutuphomie 24

Newport Jobs

Newport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Newport News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Newport

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]