5-year-old assaulted on bus by teen

5-year-old assaulted on bus by teen

There are 26 comments on the Newport Plain Talk story from Sep 4, 2012, titled 5-year-old assaulted on bus by teen. In it, Newport Plain Talk reports that:

A Newport woman said her five-year-old son was assaulted on a Parrottsville school bus by a 15-year-old sitting behind him, on Friday, Aug.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newport Plain Talk.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Terri

White Pine, TN

#1 Sep 5, 2012
This is why the kids should be separated on a bus with small kids up front and older kids in the back. My son is 5 and so tiny compared to a teenager, but a 15 year old girl is old enough to know better than this. Is she mentally challenged or what was her issue?
whats up

Nashville, TN

#2 Sep 5, 2012
i agree 100 percent they should charge her with assult
where was

Newport, TN

#3 Sep 5, 2012
the bus driver??? Something not right here ?? Bus driver should have stop this at once !!!! Agree little ones should be up front at all times.
anna

Morristown, TN

#4 Sep 6, 2012
mine go to a different school kids do everything on the bus mine had split lip siting behind bus driver by two seats but he saw nothing.sticking heads out the window to knocked off drivers just don't care.
worried

Morristown, TN

#5 Sep 7, 2012
where was wrote:
the bus driver??? Something not right here ?? Bus driver should have stop this at once !!!! Agree little ones should be up front at all times.
bus driver should be fired if he didnt stop it fast well like before it had a chance to start fast
Say What

Parsons, TN

#6 Sep 8, 2012
Shame on the bus driver and the boss for not dealing with this. this is't the first time this kind of thing happened the bus driver turns ablind eye. they drive only. get some one to watch the kids so the driver can drive come on people it's easy as one two three.they write them up for what ever and I was told the school makes the call hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yea back to the school hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
change
#7 Sep 8, 2012
they should have bus just for the lil ones they know not to put them 2gether cuz there is always one smart ass on there let a teenager jump on my 5 yr old ull see wat happins i mite go to jail but that kid will think twice before he or she does it again thats bullshyt parents dnt care wat their kids do or who they do it to anymore put the lil ones on a bus by theirselfs and this shyt will stop
SOMEONE

Morristown, TN

#8 Sep 10, 2012
Well the little boy shouldnt have spit in her face. What yall want her to do sit there and take it, ummm NO!. Would yall rather her bend him over her knee and bust his ass?
Put Your Whining to Use

Morristown, TN

#10 Sep 10, 2012
How can a bus driver, who is driving the bus, pay full attention to what is going on in the back of the bus?? They can't! If you all want to complain about something, then complain about the fact that there is HARDLY ANY SUPERVISION on the bus at all! No person can drive and monitor 70+ children and what is going on behind them at all times! All buses truly need another adult to supervise the children on the bus while the bus driver is doing what he/she needs to do, DRIVE!
family

Morristown, TN

#11 Sep 10, 2012
well im kin to the 5yr old an what this 15yr old did was wrong ok tell him to stop r tell the driver but dont beat a 5yr old in the face like she did the school needs to suspend the driver without pay an the girl for a couple of weeks come on this is a 15yr old against a 5 yr old
Sidewinder-2

Fayetteville, NC

#12 Sep 17, 2012
May I make a suggestion here? To all of you who want an adult supervisor on each bus--please go to the next school board meeting and volunteer your services. Plese let the board know you are attending so they can meet at CCHS in the auditorium in order to have room for all. Some can stand if needed!!!!! And to 'change', yes you will go to jail. But thanks for setting an example to all the kids and telling them it is OK for an adult (I suppose you are, but of course i cannot be sure) to assalt a minor. A second suggestion- don't become monitors, but become bus drivers as many more will be needed to separate the younger kids from the older ones. Buy a bus, that will also help.
Anonymous

Morristown, TN

#13 Sep 24, 2012
what u idiot's need to do is teach ur 5 yr old how to behave insteed of lettin by with crap.....i kno of 4 k-3rd grader's who cuss on these buses....learn to bust ur kid's ass and tell him NO once in a while instead of lettin em by with shit.....my kids kno not to touch a elementary kid...but by god i have no problem gettin on a bus and busting the other kids ass if u can't....my kids get there ass' busted..time all parent's start doin it.....there's a difference between spanking and beating.....and for the record if any kid spits in any one's face.......he damn sure wouldn't spit on someone else.....Y DON'T YA'LL AS PARENT'S TAKE RESPONSIBLITY FOR UR KID BEING A DOWN RITE BRATT....TEACH HIM MANNER'S AND RESPECT..u rule the child instead of the child ruling the adult's...
agree

Morristown, TN

#14 Sep 26, 2012
lisabcarter wrote:
what u idiot's need to do is teach ur 5 yr old how to behave insteed of lettin by with crap.....i kno of 4 k-3rd grader's who cuss on these buses....learn to bust ur kid's ass and tell him NO once in a while instead of lettin em by with shit.....my kids kno not to touch a elementary kid...but by god i have no problem gettin on a bus and busting the other kids ass if u can't....my kids get there ass' busted..time all parent's start doin it.....there's a difference between spanking and beating.....and for the record if any kid spits in any one's face.......he damn sure wouldn't spit on someone else.....Y DON'T YA'LL AS PARENT'S TAKE RESPONSIBLITY FOR UR KID BEING A DOWN RITE BRATT....TEACH HIM MANNER'S AND RESPECT..u rule the child instead of the child ruling the adult's...
I agree 100%
Jessica

Sevierville, TN

#15 Sep 26, 2012
lisabcarter wrote:
amen!!!!
Cornbread1

Washington, DC

#16 Sep 26, 2012
Sidewinder-2 wrote:
May I make a suggestion here? To all of you who want an adult supervisor on each bus--please go to the next school board meeting and volunteer your services. Plese let the board know you are attending so they can meet at CCHS in the auditorium in order to have room for all. Some can stand if needed!!!!! And to 'change', yes you will go to jail. But thanks for setting an example to all the kids and telling them it is OK for an adult (I suppose you are, but of course i cannot be sure) to assalt a minor. A second suggestion- don't become monitors, but become bus drivers as many more will be needed to separate the younger kids from the older ones. Buy a bus, that will also help.
I think that posting rants about what somebody should be doing is much more effective than actually doing something.
sick of it

United States

#17 Nov 22, 2012
SOMEONE wrote:
Well the little boy shouldnt have spit in her face. What yall want her to do sit there and take it, ummm NO!. Would yall rather her bend him over her knee and bust his ass?
Yes he spit in her face because he had drink in his mouth and she smacked his checks together and the best part was his 15 year old cousin was sitting with him and she let her do it
me

United States

#18 Nov 22, 2012
lisabcarter wrote:
Agree %100, it all comes back to the parents!!!
Thinking

United States

#19 Nov 22, 2012
Terri wrote:
This is why the kids should be separated on a bus with small kids up front and older kids in the back. My son is 5 and so tiny compared to a teenager, but a 15 year old girl is old enough to know better than this. Is she mentally challenged or what was her issue?
Are YOU mentally challenged? You should know better than to start a thread about a 15 year old that supposedly done something to your son. This type of crap can really hurt your case. Grow up and handle it like a woman!
Thinking

United States

#20 Nov 22, 2012
worried wrote:
<quoted text> bus driver should be fired if he didnt stop it fast well like before it had a chance to start fast
Maybe he was busy. Uh I don't know like driving the bus maybe!
lolz

Morristown, TN

#21 Nov 23, 2012
This is the type of bullying that needs to be taken seriously.

f*ck the idiots crying over cyber bullies.. they can just turn off the computer

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Courtney lyodd (Oct '15) 3 hr josh 36
pill addicts 3 hr Lucky 7
Stephenie 3 hr josh 9
jacob baxter? gay,ignorelent, or just plane stu... (Jan '11) 7 hr Potmeetkettle 25
deadbeats @conagra (Oct '12) 9 hr Karma 106
sammy crum 9 hr Karma 21
red lantern inn massacre (Apr '10) 10 hr Cocke County like... 95

Newport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newport Mortgages