English Mountain Football

Nov 1, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Newport Plain Talk

The opening round of the English Mountain Football Conference playoffs is in the books.

Comments (Page 22)

Showing posts 421 - 440 of1,638
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Fan

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#428
Nov 4, 2012
 
Anyone know what time the Super Bowl games start?
ole ball coach

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#429
Nov 4, 2012
 
BroncoMomma wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, sorry "hey" but you've got that WRONG! We do NOT tell them they HAVE to play ANY~where!!! As far as I know the rules, it's as long as you live in Jefferson County, you can play for ANY team IN Jefferson County. Kids will CHOOSE to sit out 1 year & then come to our teams just beacause they WANT to be a part of our team. I've been with the Broncos for 7 years & we just hold sign-ups like every other team in the league. Some kids are turned away unfortunately & told to go try out with other teams. Be glad your team doesn't have to make cuts. As far as the buddy buddy connection, I'm not aware of this. Could you explain further??? Trust me when I say we didn't feel the brackets were setup fairly either. But how would YOU configure it so that it is fair???
Sorry BroncoMomma but this stuff is going on in dandridge and i am sure it will be brought to the emfc officers attention at their next meeting.

Since: Nov 12

Kodak, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#430
Nov 4, 2012
 
Fan wrote:
Anyone know what time the Super Bowl games start?
From the Dandridge Broncos FB page:
SUPER BOWL Schedule:
Pee Wee's Vs Newport
J.C.H.S.@ 3:30 P.M.
Super's Vs Pigeon Forge
J.C.H.S.@ 2:00 P.M.
Grasscutter's Vs Newport
J.C.H.S.@ 12:30 P.M.
Talbott

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#431
Nov 5, 2012
 
Football fan wrote:
Talbot face larger teams? That's a joke.the kids from talbott look like high schoolers compared to all the other teams. Talbott has a running back that runs out of the backfield that there is no way that kid makes the weight limit.i guess the coaches teach them illegal cut blocks to because there has been a lot of that going on with them. Don't matter if you only have 15 kids if they are 6 ft tall and out weigh the other teams by 60 pounds or more .
I am sorry... Let me speak slower for you. There are only about 15 players to choose from on Talbott's team. When you have 30+ players, the odds of having superb players are much higher. I have watched several of Talbott's games this season and the team does not look that big. The main running back that I seen looks like he weighs about 90lbs soaking wet (Correct me if I an wrong, but I think the Peewee limit is 120lbs). I seen about 4 kids that looked tiny. Congrats to Dandridge, Newport, and Pigeon Forge!! Also - great effort from New Center-Grasscutters, Claiborne Co-Supers, and Talbott-Peewees!!
danny boy

Dupont, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#432
Nov 5, 2012
 
BroncoMomma wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, sorry "hey" but you've got that WRONG! We do NOT tell them they HAVE to play ANY~where!!! As far as I know the rules, it's as long as you live in Jefferson County, you can play for ANY team IN Jefferson County. Kids will CHOOSE to sit out 1 year & then come to our teams just beacause they WANT to be a part of our team. I've been with the Broncos for 7 years & we just hold sign-ups like every other team in the league. Some kids are turned away unfortunately & told to go try out with other teams. Be glad your team doesn't have to make cuts. As far as the buddy buddy connection, I'm not aware of this. Could you explain further??? Trust me when I say we didn't feel the brackets were setup fairly either. But how would YOU configure it so that it is fair???
Bull crap those people from Indiana were told to play here because all the other teams were full the family lived in New Market not even Dandridge. The dad had no idea about the league or how good Dandridge was or had been. He just wanted his boys to play they had only lived here about a week when they were told they had to sign up with Dandridge because all the other teams in his area were full and that came from Kristy. If he didnt sign them up asap with Dandridge none of them would be able to play last year.Out of his 3 or 4 boys that signed up only one got any real playing time and his pee wee son got used as a tackling dummy do to the roster being full and he could of got to play somewhere else like Jeff City. It was a load of crap how jason the coach let matt finally beg and beg and gave in to let his boy be the qb when as far as I could see Vaughn's boy was a great player on both sides of the ball. and a key part of the team. They were good people alot of dandridge folks should of got to know them instead of giving them the "you aint from around here treatment"! Sorry not gonna believe the dad wasnt lied to he had no idea about anyone in the organization or really cared so why lie?
danny boy

Dupont, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#433
Nov 5, 2012
 
by the way i have family in west ohio i live in dandridge not indiana. im here for a funeral
grandma

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#434
Nov 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

To (some) of the mom's (you know who you are) of the football players and cheerleaders: please sit down and shut up. You're an embarrassement to your team and child. If you can't say anthing nice then don't say anything at all........

Since: Nov 12

Kodak, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#435
Nov 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

danny boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull crap those people from Indiana were told to play here because all the other teams were full the family lived in New Market not even Dandridge. The dad had no idea about the league or how good Dandridge was or had been. He just wanted his boys to play they had only lived here about a week when they were told they had to sign up with Dandridge because all the other teams in his area were full and that came from Kristy. If he didnt sign them up asap with Dandridge none of them would be able to play last year.Out of his 3 or 4 boys that signed up only one got any real playing time and his pee wee son got used as a tackling dummy do to the roster being full and he could of got to play somewhere else like Jeff City. It was a load of crap how jason the coach let matt finally beg and beg and gave in to let his boy be the qb when as far as I could see Vaughn's boy was a great player on both sides of the ball. and a key part of the team. They were good people alot of dandridge folks should of got to know them instead of giving them the "you aint from around here treatment"! Sorry not gonna believe the dad wasnt lied to he had no idea about anyone in the organization or really cared so why lie?
No, the reason no one associated with him is because of his snooty, I-know-better-than-anyone attitude, the lack of actually inserting himself into the organization properly & his big, LOUD mouth. I know rosters start to fill up when its gets that close to the season starting, maybe he misunderstood her. I really don't see Kristi telling someone they HAD to play for us; were YOU there for this conversation??? Her word should be just as good as his.

As far as the QB kid of his that got replaced, his dad was trying to coach the coaches & simply put over-stepped his boundaries & was warned about it. As far as the kid who's being referred to as "A TACKLING DUMMY" that was his Dad's CHOICE. He knew from Day 1 there was not room for him on our roster. Why is it OK for 3 out of 4 to play in that family? Why DIDN'T they go to Jeff City??? If it were my family, we would all be in it together, or not at all, which, personally, is what I wish they would have done! <This year has been SO peaceful with out him!> He told Coach Jason he wanted him out there. Take that up with the dad, don't blame it on the coach. Why would you allow your child to go through such "abuse"???

Oh, & guess what! They aren't the only ones who are not/ were not from here! We have several families who haved moved here from other towns & states. I am not from Dandridge & have lived here for about 12 years. I'm accepted & have been since Day 1 of my Broncos football year, 2005. Maybe he shoulda left his Yankee-attitude behind when he moved away.

“A pot induced paranoia”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#437
Nov 5, 2012
 
I loved watching the younguns play and learn.Win or lose, it was fun. Some of these Parents get carried away with this stuff.
hey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#439
Nov 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ok just to let everyone know that Terry raneau from emfc board is in the backpocket of the Dandridge broncos.so if theirs any challenge to get anything changed to make things in the league for every team fair it won't happen with him on the emfc board so everything that goes on will only benefit his team.as you can see that all three of the broncos teams are in the super bowl.and the other teams that are there are all from the NFC side of the league if they are going to put teams from the same side of the league in the super bowl against each other.they need to make all one big thing where all the teams get to play each other in the season and just crown a champion in each age group by who wins the most games.and leave it at that
Coach Vaughn

Crothersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#440
Nov 6, 2012
 
its hard to tell your son who is use to being a QB who beat out five other kids who didnt do anytihng wrong why he was replaced! I told him the truth and it sounds like alot of you cant handle the fact that Matt's whining and begging of Jason after practice pressured him into switching the boys. Our offense wasnt even as good after the switch. At least Stacy was good enough to keep marcus on his defense that was best in the league just about. I never tried to coach the team nor take away any glory that anyone recieved from winning little league football games. However I didnt like to sit by and see my son upset when he did no wrong. Then he busted his butt on defense and even after the sevierville game which we lost excuse me i made a mistake we lost 2 games. Jason told us that marcus kept the team in it by forcing fumbles and recovering them but somehow never found his way back onto the offense. He continued to play great Defense and get a ton of tackles I have the games on tape from the whole season. Yet you all have a banquet and he receives no standout defense or offense award? Why cause someone got mad at me? Im sorry I dont ever remember trying to coach the team, I even complemented Stacy on how good his defense was! Oh and also ask Bo who donated alot clothes and money after the one the Dandrige players house burnt down. Since Im so snooty and better then everyone! I saw politics figuring into little kid football and for no reason, not my son out of playing a spot he earned cause he wasnt from there? C'mon it was a good ol boy system and always will be. Why change the QB in the middle of the season when you are undefeated and beating people up not to mention he ran for 2 touchdowns and passed for alot of yards. What would you all tell your son if he did all that and got replaced for no reason? After he worked hard and never missed a practice in the heat,cold, pouring rain? Huh what? Funny how the kid who wasnt good enough to play QB anymore for Dandrige was asked to play in the winter league in Knoxville with alot of talented players and played QB? Funny he wasnt good enough to play qb for the broncos anymore, yeah Ive coached plenty of sports and for plenty of years and politics ruin it for these kids.Im happy that you all are in the superbowl and hope that everyone wins! Regardless of how snooty I am. Cause Im sure I havent lost any sleep over anyone there not liking me.But funny how I get a phone call in Indiana telling me how I keep getting brought up. Oh to keep you updated I am currently coaching a level higher then little league and am winning and my boys are all back to playing. If anyone is snooty Emily its you and the rest of the board. You should be mad you know how many rumors I heard about you in my short time there? Regardless I dont care its over but I was told after the season we played there that Dandridge hords talent and thats what we were horded I have no reason to lie about anything my whole world dont revolve around winning a little kid football championship I have bigger goals like a state title and a varsity coaching job in my near future. I know im not smart enough to coach with a cable guy and a couple truck drivers. Lord I guess I'll go throw away my secondary education from Indiana University to sit around make no money and worry about little league. Yeah Right.I will never apologize to anyone because of the way I was treated ,marcus was treated there! If there is an apology due its the other way around of course Id be embarrassed to if a great player feel into our laps and we misused him and pissed off his parents. Half of them kids couldnt carry my boys jock and the coaches and parents were threatend by it and had to hold him down after everyone threw a fit.I dont raise my boys to be other kids cheerleaders like some do I raised them to be ball players. Oh Dandridge is welcome by the way for all the yards thrown,touchdowns run and sacks marcus did for y'all. yet recieved nothing for it
Coach Vaughn

Crothersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#441
Nov 6, 2012
 
hey wrote:
Ok just to let everyone know that Terry raneau from emfc board is in the backpocket of the Dandridge broncos.so if theirs any challenge to get anything changed to make things in the league for every team fair it won't happen with him on the emfc board so everything that goes on will only benefit his team.as you can see that all three of the broncos teams are in the super bowl.and the other teams that are there are all from the NFC side of the league if they are going to put teams from the same side of the league in the super bowl against each other.they need to make all one big thing where all the teams get to play each other in the season and just crown a champion in each age group by who wins the most games.and leave it at that
Now dont say that they dont do stuff like that in Dandridge and I dont even know who this guy is. But they run a clean program in Dandridge not to mention that all their extra game awards go to coaches kids every time and that their is a family of brother and sister running the program.
ha

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#442
Nov 7, 2012
 
Coach Vaughn wrote:
<quoted text>Now dont say that they dont do stuff like that in Dandridge and I dont even know who this guy is. But they run a clean program in Dandridge not to mention that all their extra game awards go to coaches kids every time and that their is a family of brother and sister running the program.
Wow , Kin folk running the program, are you guys sure your talking about dandridge and not newcenter.
dude

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#443
Nov 7, 2012
 
This is the emfc isn't all the leagues run by kinfolk?
Rebels football

New Haven, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#444
Nov 7, 2012
 
If Dandridge don't need help winning games from board members then they need to really see how good they are by competing in the battle of rocky top tournament in Knoxville November 16th to the 18th to see if they are that good with out help.Google battle of rocky top and come and see how good you are.
NC Parent

Sevierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#445
Nov 7, 2012
 
Leave New Center out of your conversation. They did nothing wrong. New Center did a great job this year and didnt cheat.
hey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#446
Nov 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Yes we are talking about Dandridge.terry reneau makes sure that Dandridge gets what they want.i was told by a couple of people from white pine that Dandridge begged them last year to have the super bowl at their home field so they could have a advantage over the teams they were facing.i really believe that now because look at how convenient it was this year that Dandridge held the 3rd round playoffs when they just had the super bowl there.if that don't show you that Dandridge gets what they want then everyone must be blind.emfc board member Terry renaeu makes it happen.you might won't to call it who's going to be in the super bowl with Dandridge every year because that's the way its going to be.you can see that the refs make it happen to.I've seen it to much the past 2 years.
dude

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#447
Nov 7, 2012
 
Heard the head ref used to help coach at Dandridge and the other 2 were his sons
question

Crothersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#448
Nov 7, 2012
 
Rebels football wrote:
If Dandridge don't need help winning games from board members then they need to really see how good they are by competing in the battle of rocky top tournament in Knoxville November 16th to the 18th to see if they are that good with out help.Google battle of rocky top and come and see how good you are.
Is that the same league that has the teams paired up with military names?If it is that is the same league my boy played in and did good during the winter.
question

Crothersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#449
Nov 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Rainy322 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the reason no one associated with him is because of his snooty, I-know-better-than-anyone attitude, the lack of actually inserting himself into the organization properly & his big, LOUD mouth. I know rosters start to fill up when its gets that close to the season starting, maybe he misunderstood her. I really don't see Kristi telling someone they HAD to play for us; were YOU there for this conversation??? Her word should be just as good as his.
As far as the QB kid of his that got replaced, his dad was trying to coach the coaches & simply put over-stepped his boundaries & was warned about it. As far as the kid who's being referred to as "A TACKLING DUMMY" that was his Dad's CHOICE. He knew from Day 1 there was not room for him on our roster. Why is it OK for 3 out of 4 to play in that family? Why DIDN'T they go to Jeff City??? If it were my family, we would all be in it together, or not at all, which, personally, is what I wish they would have done! <This year has been SO peaceful with out him!> He told Coach Jason he wanted him out there. Take that up with the dad, don't blame it on the coach. Why would you allow your child to go through such "abuse"???
Oh, & guess what! They aren't the only ones who are not/ were not from here! We have several families who haved moved here from other towns & states. I am not from Dandridge & have lived here for about 12 years. I'm accepted & have been since Day 1 of my Broncos football year, 2005. Maybe he shoulda left his Yankee-attitude behind when he moved away.
Since I keep getting phone calls about this topix crap its like this Yes I had a 2 hour phone conversation with Kristi I got her number off the emfc website she went into talking about kids and playing time and said as long as my kids dont "SUCK" they would get to play. I had no idea about the league or team or standings or who was or wasnt good and didnt care. I knew that Marcus was a good player and he would do good wherever he went so being in Dandridge "ORGANIZATION" didnt matter to me only my boys playing did! Speaking of that hello its little kids football, its not an organization or a program I mean you people think its the NFL or something whatever! By the way I did try to fit in and get along especially at the beginning of the year and no one ever spoke to my wife or I unless they asked for money (emily)! I remember always working the chain gang for the team, signing up for and coming to allt he dinners my wife working in the concession booth and selliing cookies at the newport game and bringing snacks to the supers and grasscutters but we were snooty, um no we were treated like outsiders. When we showed up and no one knew who we were people in the stands said we were from white pine or some other team. I personally never attacked anyone but I will NEVER sit around and let some glorified cable guy scream at my son and rip him around by his helmet in the freezing pouring rain. Jason problem with marcus was he was really good and then he would make a mistake and he wanted him to be perfect and forgot he was a 10 year old kid! Matt's son made mistake after mistake even cost us the game by handing th ball to a straw plains player so they wouldnt hit him no one ever yelled at that kid for anything. My boys nor I am perfect but I be damn if im gonna sit by and let that non sense go on! That is really funny Emily telling me about my Yankee attitude coming from a yankee herself. My family is from Tennessee going way back didnt leave Tenn to the 50's due to coal mines shutting down and going to the auto industry to survive. Hell Eastern Tennessee and that whole area isnt nothing but Yankee loving people anyways! Central and Southern Indiana is more Southern in culture then East Tenn will ever claim to or want to be look it up that whole area there was settled by people from Pennsylvania yeah see I would know that since Im a history major from IU.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 421 - 440 of1,638
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Newport Forum right now

Search the Newport Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 15 min BOiaF 138,780
whos the hottest girls at mcds? (Nov '10) 3 hr duh 10
Who is the best man around for some loven 6 hr To the Women of Newport 18
dogs missing 7 hr julia 2
Roby James snitches on Tera Keller and Travis W... 10 hr All about the truth 1
Where is the can crew at today 10 hr trashy 5
Moore, Principal at CCHS 10 hr nope 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Newport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Newport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Newport News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Newport
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••