Gibb's death considered 1st degree mu...

Gibb's death considered 1st degree murder

There are 420 comments on the Newport Plain Talk story from Jan 30, 2007, titled Gibb's death considered 1st degree murder. In it, Newport Plain Talk reports that:

Jefferson County Sheriff's Department Chief Deputy Bud McCoig said on Tuesday that Anthony Scott Gibbs, 26, was killed at about 3 a.m. on Sunday and his death is being considered as 1st degree murder.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newport Plain Talk.

First Prev
of 21
Next Last
someone

Nashville, TN

#1 Feb 3, 2007
Brandon Sutton needs to spend the rest of his life in jail for takin Scotts life. Scott had 3 kids and a wife that will miss him very much. Lisa should be right beside of him in jail b\c she could have done something to help besides leave. Scott will be dearly missed by all of his family and friends but someone like Brandon and Lisa have no reason to be on the streets or ever be able to have a family.
someone else

Manchester, TN

#2 Feb 5, 2007
I guess you define true love with an epo if you are someone
another someone

AOL

#3 Feb 5, 2007
Brandon Sutton should be behind bars forever. I agree on that. But Scott's so called wife can stop the grieving widow act. If she loved Scott she wouldn't have done the things she did to him. All of us that truly loved Scott will always love and remember him.
some who cares

Springfield, TN

#4 Feb 5, 2007
if she had done
FRIE THE BITCH!
CSI Read betweent the l__

Springfield, TN

#5 Feb 5, 2007
THIS BRUTAL MURDER WAS BY NO MEANS AN ACT OF SELF DEFENSE, OR OF WORDS SAID TO MAKE SOMEONE MAD. THIS IS ONE OF TWO THING'S, A MURDER OF PASSION AND OR A PLANNED HIT!.. SCOTT WAS SOUND ASLEEP WHEN THE HATCHET WAS HIT UPON HIM. IT WAS IN THE PAPER IT WAS A CRIME OF MISTAKEN IDENTINTY....BRANDON S. SUTTON KNEW EXACTLY WHO HE WAS BLUDGEONING WITH THE HATCHET. MY HEART GOES OUT TO THE IMMEDIATE FAMILY, ESPECIALLY THE THREE CHILDREN THAT KNEW SCOTT AS THEIR DAD. I CAN ONLY HOPE THAT PHONE RECORDS AND AN EXTENSIVE INVESTIGATION WILL FOLLOW UP ON HIS SO CALLED GRIEVING WIFE AND HER FAMILY.
someone

United States

#6 Feb 6, 2007
I don't know who this is but just b/c scotts gone don't try to make it sound like he was perfect and didn't beat the shit out of vickie.NOBODY KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN THEM BESIDES THEM!!!AND SHE NEVER GOT AN EPO ON HIM.
someone

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#7 Feb 6, 2007
I agree it was not self defense,it was a brutal murder. But how is Vickie connected to this in any way,they were having martial problems just like you have.All you know about Vickie and Scotts problems is whats passed through that entire family and eventually got to you. Things do change when people gossip.I'm sure if the police have any question that Vickie had something to do with it they'll find out. I'm sure Brandon isn't going to go to jail without tellin if she had something to do with it! Most of the time when someone dies their family is hurt and grieving b/c they miss em, not this family yall are to damn busy swearin this was a conspiracy and his wife had something to do with it. GET A GRIP
CSI Read betweent the l__

Springfield, TN

#8 Feb 6, 2007
I wonder why Scott may have hit Vicki? Could it be because she had been having affairs for a couple of years? Could it be because she admitted to him that she had an affair and told Scott that he did not want to know what all her and her boyfriend did in Scotts pick-up? Could it be because Scott was sent pictures of Vicki with other men? Could it be because Vicki was seen with other men by 5 different people that were NOT related to Scott on different occasions? BOY THAT IS A LOT OF COULD BE'S. Could Brandon have been one of the men Vicki was having an affair with? I do agree that Brandon will sing when he starts looking at hard time. You are assuming that I am in Scotts family, thats like me assuming that Vicki is involved. You are assuming that I am or have been married. You usually make an ass out of yourself when you assume. I attended the funeral and the viewing and it certainly didn't look like Scotts' family was the ones not grieving. I have a firm grip on reality, you might want to open your eyes. As the old saying goes, everything will come out in the end.
Newport

Morristown, TN

#9 Feb 7, 2007
someone wrote:
I don't know who this is but just b/c scotts gone don't try to make it sound like he was perfect and didn't beat the shit out of vickie.NOBODY KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN THEM BESIDES THEM!!!AND SHE NEVER GOT AN EPO ON HIM.
What is an EPO? When was the funeral? I have looked in the paper and can't find anything.
not real important

Kodak, TN

#10 Feb 8, 2007
I'm not real sure who all these people are, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but when you talk trash then that is slander, and so all you trash talkers know there is a civil lawsuit filed and we will get to the bottom of this. Scott and Vickie's personal life was their business not any of yours. This all was a terrible tragedy,if any of you people cared about Scott you would be letting him rest in peace not playing the blame game and pointing fingers everywhere, no one is perfect. May God bless Scott and Vickie as well as their families.
someone else

Manchester, TN

#11 Feb 8, 2007
Do you guys really think you are scaring someone? The only post in this whole string that meets the legal definition of slander is the very first one. That is the only person who should worry about a slander suit. Everyone had quit posting here about this until you started it up again. I am posting this to tell you to let it go. I am trying real hard to be nice and not say what I really think. Everything will come out in the end. Nothing said on here will change that regardless of what anyone thinks. I am guessing you are the other sister. I really don't care who you are, but if you leave it alone, the rest of us will. As I said, show this to an attorney, and you will find that the only slander is in post #1. Hopefully this puts a stop to this from both sides.
someone

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#12 Feb 8, 2007
A comment is someones opinion and if their gonna file a lawsuits against someone for their opinion then you shouldn't be able to post a comment.
Someone Who Cared

London, KY

#13 Feb 9, 2007
I knew Scott and if he ever hit a woman it was because he was pushed to his breaking point,I'm not a family member on neither side just someone who knew him and he is not that type of man. He never had been. Plus it takes a pretty good man to raise another man's kid.
Someone who cares

AOL

#14 Feb 10, 2007
Before everyone points a finger at Scott. They need to take a look at that so called wife of his. How many times did she hit on him? How many times was laid back legs spread with other men? Now if you ask me that is where the eyes need be...
Richard Runion

Moscow, Russia

#15 Feb 11, 2007
Hate is so destructive. And I would observe that some of the things I've seen on this string are a total betrayal of everything that those of you that loved Scott have tried to convey about him. You should be ashamed of the anger and invective that you are communicating.

I am involved tangentially to this sad situation as I am married to Vickie's aunt. I neither knew Scott pesonally nor do I know what happened over their time together. It is not my place to judge nor is it yours. What should trouble us all is the fact that there are young children who will never have their dad around again. That should shake us all to our foundations.

To that end I would challenge each of you to funnel your grief, anguish or anger into something constructive. If someone locally would establish a trust for the three girls' college education (through a local bank or insurance company) I will start the funding with a donation of $500. I would only ask that those of you who loved Scott would stop the angry, hate-filled comments and encourage those around you to remember that the real victims are three little girls who no longer have their father. And to contribute to the future of the three young lives that are ultimately Scott's legacy.
THE TRUTH

Springfield, TN

#16 Feb 11, 2007
Mr. Runion, if you had known Scott personally or been around here to see how Scott was treated by Vicki, you would have a different opinion. I am not ashamed of anything that has been put on here by Scotts side of the family. Evidently the other side can't deal with the real truth. I suggest that you come here and find out the real truth before you start condemning people that you have NO CLUE ABOUT!! I can give you some facts. Vicki was seen out with other men by NUMEROUS people. Vicki did have Scott arrested. I guess Vicki throwing the tricycle into Scotts truck is O-kay? I challenge you to be the FIRST person from Vickis side of the family to help with the funeral expenses. The funeral home is Brittons in Manchester,Ky . SO TO YOU I SAY PUT UP OR SHUT UP!! For the little sister that says Scotts step family did not love or care about him, We have paid $2500 towards his funeral as well as bought numerous flowers. How many flowers or how much money has your family put up?????? Hell, Vicki did not even buy one flower. She was given money by Scotts biological family in Ky. to help with the funeral expenses. How much of that did she pay on the funeral? As for Scotts legacy, Scott himself thought that only one of those kis were his. ABBIE. For all of you people talking slander, I can testify in court or pass a polygraph test that Scott said this to me on more than one occasion. Mr. Runion I suggest that you get your facts straight before butting in to something that is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. I will be waiting to hear how much you paid on the funeral Mr. Runion. WE had left this alone until your condescending post. The three posts previous to yours were not ours. As i said you can put your money where your mouth is. As far as we are concerned your offer was not genuine until we see a copy of your receipt. SO until then, you will have no credibility on here. And I will say again, I have not posted anything on here that can not be proven, so don't even bother with the slander civil suit bull shit. It is not slander if it can be proven it is true.
nunya

United States

#17 Feb 16, 2007
someone wrote:
Brandon Sutton needs to spend the rest of his life in jail for takin Scotts life. Scott had 3 kids and a wife that will miss him very much. Lisa should be right beside of him in jail b\c she could have done something to help besides leave. Scott will be dearly missed by all of his family and friends but someone like Brandon and Lisa have no reason to be on the streets or ever be able to have a family.
brandon is a great guy i think the world of him he would help anyone. the only time brandon gets angry is when provoked and has to take defensive measures like he did in this case. this was told to me by a friend of the both of them that brandon defended himself.
An Outsider

Oak Grove, KY

#18 Feb 17, 2007
I was just browsing and came upon this. I have no friends or family in this discussion but being from this small town I do know them. I just wanted to add a few comments. First to "NUNYA", maybe you have been in GA too long and don't "really" know Brandon that well. If he was such a great guy then why did his own family members sleep with weapons for fear of what he would do to THEM while they slept. This is not the first time his rage has hurt someone. I also hope he pays dearly for this.

To address the idea that Vickie would have had something to do with this is just insane. Yes she did cheat on Scott. Was his hitting her justified by that fact? Probably not. Should a wife buy flowers for her husbands funeral? I don't think I would. She was probably too busy trying to figure out what and how to tell her girls.

I never met Scott. I can only hope that he is resting peacefully now. And I pray that you all will find comfort in something.
opinated

Hopkinsville, KY

#19 Feb 18, 2007
I am an acquaintance of Scott and his family. I think it is a sad loss to all of us but especially to his family to have him brutally taken away the way he was. My heart and prayers go out to all of those and he will be sadly missed. I would like to ask nunya a question though. I am not saying who done this terrible deed, but how can anyone with a soul do this to another person? What could one do to another to provoke such a gruesome attack. I think there is no reason or excuse for it. Do you?
opinated

Hopkinsville, KY

#21 Feb 18, 2007
i as well am a acquaintance of scott's family. i agree with what wondering said. i personally knew scott but not vicky. i am not going to lay partial blame on her because i don't know i wasn't around her but 1 or 2 times. i say if you want scott to rest in peace then let this settle down it is horrible the way you are ranting and raving on here about this gruesome tragidy. my final words on this is to the children, the three little girls i lost my father when i was about abby's age and yeah it is hard and the older you get you will realize that daddy is gone to a better place. and he will always be there when you need him maybe not physically but spiritually and the important thing is to never forget the times you had with him. so please for the little girl's sake stop making all these aqusations until you know solid facts about that tragic night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 21
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Macy Jones 1 hr johnstud7899 1
Michael's 1 hr J-Rome 27
Brittany Rankin 1 hr Justin Frazier 2
Jalissa gudger 1 hr Justin Frazier 2
liberty hill market (Jun '15) 3 hr laurie 9
DAVID BIBLE David Bible 4 hr oldhead 5

Newport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newport Mortgages